Earth Magic Oracle Cards

autumn star

Mellifluous said:
I'd only seen two of the cards so far, the crystals one (which is stunning) and the fire card.

Thanks for mentioning the video. :) Nice to see more of the cards. It's here, if anyone else wants to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CcRGOyBdI

Seems like bookstores in my area have it already. If I get it soon, I'll post some impressions.

I'd be really interested to hear about the deck once you recieve it. I am only one click away from ordering it at the moment :)

Mellifluous

I got it this evening. I've only done one reading so far, but it was accurate! Told me where a lost item was, quite clearly, so I like the deck so far. :joke:

As you might expect from the title (and Steven Farmer), it is mostly nature scenes. I haven't looked at every card, but a fair few, and I've not seen many people/humanoid figures. Slightly more animals, but mostly it seems to be beautiful natural settings or landscapes.

The artwork varies between realistic paintings and what is more obviously artwork or drawings... can't think of the correct art terminology for the difference just now. I'd have thought there were only two different artists involved, but a peek in the back of the booklet shows there's actually a whole list of them. I'm surprised.

Broke personal protocol and looked 'ahead' at a few cards to share some images. They're not great quality or very well lit, so keep that in mind. The cards are quite pretty in person. (Oh, and I'd recommend using them in good lighting if/when you can. I didn't even notice one really cool but subtle aspect of the image on the card I drew earlier. It was mentioned in the booklet and I looked at the card again and thought, Oh, wow! How f-ing cool is that?! lol)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4530/dawnz.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5642/gaia.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2018/islandnf.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1319/shamang.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7429/lotusflowerv.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8628/summersolstice.jpg

When I watched the video earlier, I really liked what he read aloud from the booklet for one of the cards. I've only read one other entry, so far - for the card I drew - and again, I thought it was beautifully written. It didn't apply because I was looking for literal clues as to where my item was, not deep thoughts or spiritual concepts to reflect upon, but I was curious, so I read it anyway and I was impressed.

That's all I can say so far. I like them, and I'm happy to have them here. Looking forward to hearing what other people think when their decks arrive!

dvorah ophir

thanks Mellifluous for you scans!!!

looks amazing so far- the frame is remeniscent to me of the hidden realm oracle,
some of the drawing look like doreen virtue cards,
but the theam is interesting and apart from the shaman card that does not look like a drawing but a photo i liked them all.
the sad part about all oracle cards is the i always have some that i like and some that i realy dont- never all of them, but in a good ones i get used to the not liked ones and they become part of the whole- like in the dragonfae for example.
interesting that you found a lost item with them- can you show an example of that reading and how it works- i personaly dont know any thing about that kind of a reading.
love to all and so happy that this thread is coming to life now that the cards are out- maybe the steven himself will come and tell us some word if he follows the site...
dvorah

Mellifluous

You're welcome! :)

Yes, the frame reminds me a bit of the Hidden Realms deck, too; and I wondered if one of the same artists was involved that contributed to at least one of Doreen's decks - the Gaia card made me think that. (I doubt I'll ever care enough to cross reference the booklets and confirm it though. lol)

As for the lost item reading... I don't do anything complicated. I just ask, like with everything else. lol (I hardly ever do anything complicated when it comes to reading cards. I don't even use spreads, usually.)

I have a favorite pencil that I keep on my table. I found it outdoors and kept it because it says, 'I Am Powerful' on it and I think it's funny and also a good reminder. :joke: Noticed I hadn't seen it in a while yesterday, and I don't carry pencils around with me when I go out - it should've been in here somewhere. So, in between looking for it everywhere, including in bags and pockets, I decided to draw a card.

Question: What do I need to know about my lost pencil?

Card: Lotus Flower - Unfoldment

That made me think it had to be in or on the bed somewhere, or maybe tangled up in sheets that are waiting to be laundered...

I looked in the bed again, and still didn't find it... but figured I would eventually, (because the card was favourable, in my eyes), maybe next time I changed the sheets or did laundry.

Then a little while after that I picked up some *folded* papers I needed from the top of a stack of books (on the bed), and under the paper, on top of a book, were several pens, highlighters, and the pencil. So. Not only accurate, but fast results! :laugh:

Yes, it's good the thread is picking up now. I doubt (somehow) that Dr. Farmer comes here, but you can email him from his site, I think; and he's on facebook and twitter and all that stuff. I like him. He's very laid back about things. :cool4:

By the way, I just did a few more one-card readings with this deck before I saw your reply and started writing mine. I love it already. It's really good.

dvorah ophir said:
looks amazing so far- the frame is remeniscent to me of the hidden realm oracle,
some of the drawing look like doreen virtue cards,
but the theam is interesting and apart from the shaman card that does not look like a drawing but a photo i liked them all.
the sad part about all oracle cards is the i always have some that i like and some that i realy dont- never all of them, but in a good ones i get used to the not liked ones and they become part of the whole- like in the dragonfae for example.
interesting that you found a lost item with them- can you show an example of that reading and how it works- i personaly dont know any thing about that kind of a reading.
love to all and so happy that this thread is coming to life now that the cards are out- maybe the steven himself will come and tell us some word if he follows the site...
dvorah

dvorah ophir

hi Mellifluous

that was realy interesting- what you wrote about the reading to find lost things- not just how you went about it but mostly the way you came to the conclusion that the penceil was inside something folded out of the lotus card.
that is what i like about this site- that we learn all the time new things, and share our love for the cards.
i used to think that i was nuts and be ashamd about buying card decks all the time but find that there are many more like me that i have this shared intrest with...
hope you can share with us more details about this new cards and some reading that you did.
thanks dvorah

autumn star

Thanks for the scans Mellifluous :) I really like the Shaman and Lotus Flower cards, they are really well done. The imagery on the Island and Summer Solstic Cards seem quite simple. They do remind me of Doreen Virtue & Wisdom of the Hidden Realms decks too. Overall, though it seems like a really pretty deck :)

Mellifluous

autumn star said:
Thanks for the scans Mellifluous :) I really like the Shaman and Lotus Flower cards, they are really well done. The imagery on the Island and Summer Solstic Cards seem quite simple. They do remind me of Doreen Virtue & Wisdom of the Hidden Realms decks too. Overall, though it seems like a really pretty deck :)

You're welcome. They are really well done, aren't they? Some of the nature scenes have a photorealistic quality to them... but others don't. The Island card is quite beautiful in person. And I love lotus flowers. I'm always happy when they're depicted in decks, and this one devotes a whole card to it, on its own!

Did you decide whether you're ordering it or not? If you are, I look forward to hearing what you think when you get it in your hands. :)

dvorah ophir said:
that was realy interesting- what you wrote about the reading to find lost things- not just how you went about it but mostly the way you came to the conclusion that the penceil was inside something folded out of the lotus card.
that is what i like about this site- that we learn all the time new things, and share our love for the cards.
i used to think that i was nuts and be ashamd about buying card decks all the time but find that there are many more like me that i have this shared intrest with...
hope you can share with us more details about this new cards and some reading that you did.
thanks dvorah

Hi, dvorah! :)

Yeah... fortunately, I don't lose things that often, but for readings like that I go off the card itself - the images and any words on it. I find booklet meanings can derail things a bit. For example, the entry about that card describes how lotuses grow up from the mud at the bottom of the body of water - which might make you think the lost item is near water or even outside. On the other hand, though, it also talks about them coming up to and blooming in the light (the object being found), and actually submerging themselves under the water each night, and then blooming again in the daytime (which does kind of fit with the theme of sleeping --> bed). lol I just think it's better to stick with first impressions for little, mundane questions like that.

Another cool thing about that card/entry is that it mentions the sun is in the hand of god, in the image. I didn't even notice that when I first looked. Then on closer inspection, I saw that the hand on the card is a female hand, which I love - that it's depicting god in female form. :D (And that also made me think yes, I'd have the object back in my hand sooner or later.)

The other readings were more personal, but what I'm noticing is that the readings so far manage to reflect very literal reality and also almost fleeting moments of a spiritual or thoughtful (really personal, internal) nature. Like... if you had a moment of insight or of some intense emotion during the day, the booklet entry is all about what you were thinking or feeling, yet the image also seems to reflect what was literally, physically going on at the time... It's striking. Seems like a difficult thing to achieve simultaneously - and kind of rare with other decks - but somehow it's doing it repeatedly, right out of the box.

(For example, I drew the Eagle card today while sitting on boulders by a lake, watching the birds when I wasn't shuffling the cards. Once people get their decks, they'll see why I'm impressed by that, even without knowing what my question was. lol)

I'll be curious to read whether other people find the same thing happening.

Yes, I think I know what you mean. It's really nice to be able to interact with other people who use cards, and not have to keep it to yourself for fear of being thought weird or hearing negative comments about why you shouldn't do it or believe in it or whatever. :joke:

Hope your deck arrives soon and that you love it! My birthday was this month, so I consider it a well chosen birthday present to myself. Hope you do, too. :)

HearthCricket

I just picked up this deck today and though I have only had time to zip through the cards, I was pleased. I liked the fact that he came up with some original ideas, like Tsunami as Wake Up Call. My friend and I were just chatting yesterday about having some Tsunami moments lately and this fits perfectly. She also thought it was odd that the ocean was calling her and yet the Ocean card fits her situation perfectly. She is on vacation right now, but when she comes back I can't wait to show her the cards. The artwork definitely differs from card to card, but the effect is still there, so I don't seem to mind this time around. Somehow, the brutal simplicity of some of the cards works more effectively than if they were "prettier" or more flowing and detailed. A slap in the face, so to speak. I can't wait to work with this and see how the book is, or if I will find myself using it more intuitively than anything else. Excited!

Mellifluous

HearthCricket said:
I just picked up this deck today and though I have only had time to zip through the cards, I was pleased. I liked the fact that he came up with some original ideas, like Tsunami as Wake Up Call. My friend and I were just chatting yesterday about having some Tsunami moments lately and this fits perfectly. She also thought it was odd that the ocean was calling her and yet the Ocean card fits her situation perfectly. She is on vacation right now, but when she comes back I can't wait to show her the cards. The artwork definitely differs from card to card, but the effect is still there, so I don't seem to mind this time around. Somehow, the brutal simplicity of some of the cards works more effectively than if they were "prettier" or more flowing and detailed. A slap in the face, so to speak. I can't wait to work with this and see how the book is, or if I will find myself using it more intuitively than anything else. Excited!

Aww, yeah! More people are getting their decks! :party: Let us know how you get on with it.

Yes, there are some unique choices in there. I looked through the rest of the cards today in the sunlight, since I'd seen so many of them already. lol I love that there's a Rain card, and also Fog.

I haven't drawn any of the simpler art designs yet in actual readings, but I have a strong feeling it all works together as a whole, so I'm keeping an open mind. :)

celticnoodle

Mellifluous, thank you for the scans. i love the pictures! beautiful! i am also drawn to these yet not-purchased cards, and really should curtail my buying right now, but who knows, maybe Santa will take pity on me and bring them to me! :D i have a few other decks also that hold interest for me.......I better be very, very good from now till Christmas--so I can be sure to get all I want! :D

I like how they seem so simple and blunt. to the point. I also enjoyed hearing how they helped you to find a lost pencil. how cool! keep the stories coming please on how well these cards are working for you all--EVERYONE! I love to read about others success stories with cards. :)