Fallen Angel Oracle

Dusk Till Dawn

I received mine. The Box is very Nice and Sturdy, very soft to the Touch. Similar to the Quatum and Golden Box, opens to the side not top.
The Book has full color images and several spreads.
The Cards, well I love the images, the size is Ok, but:
I wish the cards were not so thin. My Copy arrived damaged and warped on several cards. Some were bent, and some actually damaged on the back. I shuffled them to pull a card, and others were damaged imediately.
I love the Concept, but the Deck is way to fragile in my opinion.
I was so happy to open that nice box, then I saw how the Deck was wrapped with some plastic in the middle, which caused some of the cards to warp backwards, only the back of the deck not the front.

cardlady22

Unfortunately, Cico (the publisher) uses flimsy stock. Many people have this problem of the damaged cards, which has to be happening in the packaging stage.

Dusk Till Dawn

I have picked this Deck up many times today. Looking through the Cards, reading through the Book, and I really Like it. I immediately housed them in a nice bag, and will use them. I love the images, and really do like everything else, except that cardstock.

Libra8ca

Seeker*13* said:
I wish the cards were not so thin. My Copy arrived damaged and warped on several cards. Some were bent, and some actually damaged on the back. I shuffled them to pull a card, and others were damaged imediately.
I love the Concept, but the Deck is way to fragile in my opinion.
I was so happy to open that nice box, then I saw how the Deck was wrapped with some plastic in the middle, which caused some of the cards to warp backwards, only the back of the deck not the front.

I don't find that the cards are that thin and fragile but they are not as thick as the Bohemian Gothic 2nd edition for example or other oracle decks such as Dragonfae.

I found one card that was slightly damaged where the printing had come off at the edge on the back showing the white cardstock underneath. I used a brown marker to cover the white area. I haven't found any other cards with damage or noticed that they become damaged from shuffling. I think I may have to examine them again more closely. The only other thing that I noticed is that they are quite slippery probably because of the finish they used (but it's better than having them stick together).

I too love these cards but I'm afraid this may be another deck with quality issues (printed in China?-not sure where it's printed; I don't have the deck in front of my as I'm typing this).

HighPriestess

I found some pictures:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MDLde65TTZ0/TWTq3tLSPeI/AAAAAAAACrw/AtvH5pyE77E/s1600/fallen+angels+1.jpg

and here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ckHHNpfyVbw/TWTq_-_hoII/AAAAAAAACr4/TAopsT4GKi0/s1600/fallen+angels+2.jpg

and here's a link to the review with the pictures:

http://www.badwitch.co.uk/2011/02/preview-fallen-angel-oracle-cards.html

Avnas' card looks a little cheesy to me, but the others look sort of cool. I guess some might call it a cheap imitation of the Graven Images Oracle, but I might pick this one up now. It's not like I have any other decks with this theme.

Le Fanu

Now that there is more info - and more images - I really like the look of this deck. I'm in an Oracle phase right now so this is going to be interesting for me to play around with (whenever it is released).

I have Suckling's Dragon Tarot which comes with a warning at Somerville's, "low quality card, made in China" and I find that it is OK.

I am guessing that the cardstock is the same as Suckling's Dragon Tarot and maybe Liz Dean's Golden Tarot (isn't that cico?)

It has that "goth album cover (cerca 1983)" look to it. I like the way how on his site, Suckling makes a point of saying that these angels are "neither on the side of God or the Devil".

I can see that it is similar to the Graven Images Oracle but it has more artistic interferences, which I like.

Thanks to everyone who has posted to give us more of a sense of what to expect.

Dusk Till Dawn

I have a Back Up now, and the Deck has no flaws whatsoever! I have been using the damaged one , ever since I got it, and the cards do hold up after all. I would say, this is easily one of my Favourite Oracle Decks.

Le Fanu

Where did you get yours from? Is there a stockist in Europe?

Dusk Till Dawn

I got mine from Amazon.de, but not directly from them, a seller, and he sent replacement immediately. Wonderful customer service.

Le Fanu

weird, as it is isn't listed as available on amazon uk.

ETA; I don't understand German but is it saying it is in stock on German amazon?