The Oracle of Visions

Elendil

Anyone know what the price tag will be? Whether it will only be available from Ciro? I tried to access his website but my computer seems to be playing up.

E.

cardlady22

It will be self-published. I'm sure details will be available as it gets closer to release. It says 60 days.

Chiska

I am looking forward to this deck, too! I never thought I'd like oracle cards, but I am finding that they have so much to offer.

I like the idea of no keywords or titles on the deck. There are enough visual cues in the cards I have seen at his FB that keywords would just detract.

cirom

In response to the previous questions. Here is the planned Oracle of Visions package. Initially self published in English with a deck of 52 cards 5.5 inches high edged in gold. A fully colored companion book. 5.5 x 8.5 inches. A companion CD containing a collection of themed avatars, wallpapers, screensavers and animated sample spreads. $50. Release date sometime in April, Several language versions to follow probably a year later.

Attachments

• Deck Book CD card composition.jpg
    Deck Book CD card composition.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 185

avalonian

cirom said:
In response to the previous questions. Here is the planned Oracle of Visions package. Initially self published in English with a deck of 52 cards 5.5 inches high edged in gold. A fully colored companion book. 5.5 x 8.5 inches. A companion CD containing a collection of themed avatars, wallpapers, screensavers and animated sample spreads. $50. Release date sometime in April, Several language versions to follow probably a year later.

Edged in gold??? It just keeps getting better and better, it is going to be absolutely amazing.

:) :) :)

BlueDragonfly

cirom said:
They look fabulous, Ciro! I love the larger sizing! I'll be there to order as soon as you're ready! :D

SPIRIT HAWK

the artwork and illustration just looks superb and truely beautiful .... how divine i am a beginner to tarot and oracle but i really love the pics and artwork how talented ... i may treat myself to this deck i am very drawn to it just fab!!!!!! XS-HX

Mellaenn

Chiska said:
There are enough visual cues in the cards I have seen at his FB that keywords would just detract.
Yes, that's exactly it! The art stands alone; it is comprised of many layers of imagery and subtle nuance which allows for much leeway in their interpretation by readers. If I may quote the artist himself:

The images are not meant to specifically represent some thing or some archetype, but simply to ask questions of you the reader and to make you ponder what might be going on in these scenes. Facial expressions tend to be deliberately neutral, but the images are sprinkled with symbols that suggest direction and possible conclusions. Hopefully, most cards can be interpreted in vastly different ways: none are overtly "good or bad" but are instead dependent on the question being asked, by whom, by their circumstances and of course in conjunction with other cards that make up any given spread.

I have also tried to make these often abstract or nebulous ideas flexible. Hopefully these surreal images will serve as visual triggers that, when combined with the reader's intuitive gifts and life experience, will provide some compelling readings.

NikkiB

ooohhhh come to mama!!!

Garnet*

Oracle of Visions Card Size

The size is the same as the orginal printing of Tarot of Dreams published by Ciro.