It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy

tarotbear

*blushing*

Dear tinkerbell,

Thank you for your kind response.

Did you know you can post your own review for the book on the amazon and/or Barnes & Noble websites? They solicit them to publish under the book description.

Sulis

Just ordered it - can't wait for it to arrive.

Love

Sulis xx

Emily

I've been using your book too Tarotbear - I love your style of writing, its very down to earth and informative without waffling on like some books do.

Also the fact that you've grouped the cards together - all the Aces, two's, three's etc - makes it easier to compare them. I like the combination card section for the Majors.

I would also recommend this book and its been a valued addition to my small library. :)

tarotbear

more blushing

More great reviews! Feed my ego! YES! YES!

{yeah, yeah - someday someone is going to tell me the book sucks...}

I wish to thank everyone on this forum who has or is thinking of purchasing my book. It is a very difficult thing to get published in a field where 'basic' books come out every day and yours has to stand out strongly or whither and die. A company invests $1000s of dollars on the back of your writing and wants to see profit ... which I think Sterling will see, and hopefully extend me into a second printing.

My parents, who have no understanding or interest in Tarot ride the wave of the fact that their son is a published author. They are not sure why I wrote a book, nor do they seem to understand that there are more than four people in the whole world who have an interest in it! The fact that the book has practically sold out confuses my mother to no end ...

MeeWah

Tarotbear: Remember that long reading some years ago wherein a book was seen? It has come full circle.

Congratulations on "making" it! Selling 95% of a print run is wonderful news!

Now, onto the next book...

Stregaverde

Yikes!

I'm ordering my copy NOW, before Amazon runs out! It sounds wonderful, tarotbear, and congratulations on your success! :)

tarotbear

unsigned copies

You can get cheap, unsigned copies of my book through www.shopzilla.com by typing in the title or the ISBN 1402709862. These are not seconds, but to sell them this cheap, my publisher gave them deep discounts, so I do not get my full royalty for them. ( I get the royalty for what my publisher sold them for, not what the store sells them at.)

Actually, shopzilla seems to be good for just about anything!

Sophie

I ordered a copy about a week ago from Amazon. I don't know how long it will take from the US to here (I've had orders take a week, others, two months, there's no telling). When I get it I won't forget to give you my comments. It sounds very useful.

Sophie

Sulis

Well I've got it and very good it seems too - althought I've only had chance to briefly look through it.

One thing that's thrown me a bit about this book is that the Wands / Swords elemental correspondences aren't the ones I use.

Wands are air and swords are fire: Not sure yet whether this will mar my enjoyment of the book.

Love

Sulisxx

Scion

Fear not!

The swapped attributions for wands & swords gave me a hinky feeling as well and I was initially stumped by that chart on page 8... but the rest of the book doesn't really reference that attribution, or even seem to be derived from it. But maybe I just projected my own attributions onto the rest of the book.

The thing is, John even inserts the chart in the subjunctive: "A chart of correspondences could look somethig like this:" Then as the book goes on after that chart , he never really mentions the swapped attributions again (that I can recall). And he even, on page 217 (and elsewhere I think), uses the traditional attributions of wands/ fire and swords/air.

I'l love to hear Tarotbear's take/explanation...

Scion