Robin Wood - Pages

Gwynne

Quick, grab the four Pages from your Robin Wood deck. Look at the belt on each of them. What do you see? What does that object tell you about that card? That's what Robin Wood put them there for!

satinangel

Gwynne,

This helps me tremendously! I just read your post under the Page of Wands!

Gwynne said:
Each of the Pages have an object hanging from the belt. Robin Wood designed the deck so she'd never have to turn to the book or memorize meanings, so that it was all right there. Each Page has something to help remember what they are or what they do.

Page of Swords - a telescope - vigilance, insight
Page of Cups - a painter's pallette - artistic ability
Page of Wands - a firecracker - too much energy (think ADD!)
Page of Pentacles - a book - student, scholarship, studies

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! So obvious to me now!!!!!!

Gwynne

satinangel said:
Gwynne,

This helps me tremendously! I just read your post under the Page of Wands!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! So obvious to me now!!!!!!

LOL That's one of the things I love about the Robin Wood deck! I'm always finding new things, new ways to look at the cards, but she made them so they are wonderfully easy! I recommend them as a first deck to all my students.

satinangel

I really wished I'd picked up on this earlier...You cannot even imagine! Feel like the light just came on!

CelticGirl

Wow, I never caught on to that! Thanks so much for sharing!

The Page of Pentacles has a book hanging off her belt.

The Page of Cups has a pallet with different colored paints on it hanging from her belt.

The Page of Swords has a telescope(?) hanging from hers.

And the Page of Wands has...I'm not quite sure... firecrackers?

Rhiamon

hehe, going to go look...

CelticGirl

Hi Rhiamon! Did you end up looking at your Page cards? I'm curious to see what you think is on the Page of Swords and Page of Wands belts. I don't own the Robin Wood book (yet) and I can't completely tell what the items are. I'm anxious to see what others say. :)

GeorgiePorgie

Hi CelticGirl

Because you are anxious, I am jumping in:

The Page of Wands has firecrackers because (paraphrasing from the book) she can be explosive and a fireworks show appeals to her because of the excitement of colour and noise.

The Page of Swords (again paraphrasing from the book) has a spyglass to suggest "vision" and "secrets revealed or spying."

CelticGirl

GeorgiePorgie said:
Because you are anxious, I am jumping in:

The Page of Wands has firecrackers because (paraphrasing from the book) she can be explosive and a fireworks show appeals to her because of the excitement of colour and noise.

The Page of Swords (again paraphrasing from the book) has a spyglass to suggest "vision" and "secrets revealed or spying."

Thank you so much for that! So it looks like my guesses were correct for the most part. I really appreciate your jumping in. I was looking at Robin Wood's website yesterday and decided that book is going on my wish list. :)

GeorgiePorgie

Well, if you need anything from the book before you get it in your anxious little hands, just yell at me, and I will find the "anything" you are looking for.