Clow/Sakura Card divination.

Lillie

Well, I got my cards, they had a lovely booklet, all with the most beautiful writing.
Shame it wasn't my language.

But I'm going to give them a go.

I understand the titles and it don't seem like it would be too hard to figure meanings out for them.

What I would like to know is where Lester got that info from.
Did he translate the book?
Or did he get it somewhere else?
Is it all on the net somewhere if you now where to look.

The cards I got have purple backgrounds, and they are a bit thin.
Ages ago I saw a set in this book shaped box. It opened like a proper book and everything.
They were thicker, but I didn't get them, I didn't know what they were.
I wish I had.
Still, if anyone can tell me where I could get the set in the box I'd like to know.

They are lovely, by the way.
The pictures are really nice. I thinK I could read with these.

Another thing is I have seen different sets, and some of the pictures are slightly different.
The colours are different too,and one set had loads or writing on them.
So, is there an official version and unofficial versions, or are there just loads of slightly different ones?

karen0205

Hi Lillie,
Sorry, didn't mean to alarm you! no, it wasn't bad that you got them on e-bay, I was just wondering because I see a lot of them on e-bay. There's so many different ones! I have 2 decks already and 2 more coming. I like them but they are a little long. The 2 that I have coming are a smaller card size. I do like them though. Which ones did you get? I have the pink ones and the brownish background ones.

Karen

Lillie

I kind of shocked myself with these.
I can't have read the auction proper, because I didn't see that they were from the far east till after I had won them.

And I get worried with countries so far away, and lauguages so different.

But it was fine.

Mine have orangy borders and purpleish backgrounds.

My only complaint is the card stock is a little thin for such long cards.
I don't have trouble shufflin, I just sort of go over the end.
I'm used to the large Thoth, so I'm used to shuffling long ways.

I thought the mini ones were a bit small. I like big cards.
And there are so many differnt clow cards!
I'm going to start watching ebay, see what I can find out about them.

I have seen the pink ones. They look nice, but I thought the pictures didn't stand out to well, everything being pink on pink.

Do you use yours?
What kind of results do you get?

With the names, I kind of think I could see what they mean.
Like The shadow. Well, it sort of brings things to mind, it's like I already know, sort of, what it means.
So hopefully I'll be able to get somewhere with them.

I love some of the pictures, the windy and the firey, and the cards like that.
beautiful pictures.

Sutoomu

Well I recently bought a set of Sakura cards on ebay {they arrived safe and sound yay} Mostly I bought them for cosplay but knowing they could be used for Tarot reading is a plus for me.

Does it seem strange that I'm 15 and addicted to doing tarot and such? People at school think I'm cursed or evil or something but I don't really care. But I'm glad I found this forum because I was having trouble myself translating the booklet... I was actually getting help from my Japanese teacher recently because of it.

Lillie

COS play?

Is that dressing up? are you going to dress up as Sakura? Or have I got the whole idea wrong?

Anyhow, I don't think you are strange. Just because you are not like the rest of your class does not mean that there is anything wrong with you.
You are just different, with different interests.
You just have to be true to yourself, and be the person you want to be, not who anyone else wants you to be.

I love these cards. I am making up the meanings for myself.
It's great fun!

Sutoomu

Yea, it's dressing up. I'll be going to AnimeUSA in novemeber. I really have to hurry ._. and yes, I'm going as Sakura. I'm dressing up as her from the second movie for those who have seen it.

But now I'm getting off topic.

But mostly I was glad to find this forum cause the translations I had found were very similar. Though I haven't gotten too far cause I can only ask my teacher about it so often. But hopefully I'll have the whole translation soon and then maybe I can help finish off the list Lester started so that anyone else interested in it can know.

And Lillie, thanks for the little vote of confidence there, sometimes at school I become a little scared to be myself even more so with these. I did a tarot card reading for someone the other day and people started questioning my belief in God and such... not that I need to care what they think. I know me.

And yea, I suppose it can't hurt to make a meaning as long as its an educated guess not just something completely random.

Lillie

Oh yeah! nothing wrong with making up a meaning or two!

Trust your intuition, see what the cards are trying to say to you.

I find these cards especially good for it.

Have fun being Sakura! It sounds like a fun thing to do.

Sutoomu

I'm glad you think that. I have several versions of the clow/star cards and I've been collecting them for probably 5 or 6 years now. I have other cards too but I feel these are my favorite for that reason. They feel like the kind of cards where you can just trust what you /feel/ with them not what they are supposed to mean. Sure, they have their meaning but if another meaning feels right at the time it seems just fine to do. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Gemini Rising

I remember that show vaguely, and thinking about it when I began my journey with Tarot, and longed for a deck...but there's something I don't understand. Aren't they cards made from a cartoon show?! If what Brion says is true (and I don't doubt him, because try and summon ANYTHING and it could bring bad results if you're inexperienced), and these cards have a really powerful energy, are they based off of something REAL in Chinese history, or are they just fictional characters from a TV show?

And where do you find them?! That's my big question! The only way I got Tarot cards was a wonderful person in Britain sent an extra deck to me--my parents would never buy them for me! (I'm only 15) I remember seeing some in a store one time, I believe Blockbuster, but I didn't get them. Darn!

PS-I'd love to see the rest of the translations too, just out of curiosity! Where is Lester?

Also, Sutoomu-don't worry, I'm 15 as well and addicted to Tarot, Astrology, Metaphysics, Religious study...you name it! (Oh yeah, and I listen to Italian Opera...hehehe)

::EDIT:: I found this link! It has images (some are poor) of all the Clow/Sakura cards.

http://www.dltk-kids.com/anime/cardcaptors/clow_cards.htm

My favorite is The Libra, if not only because that's my sign...hehehe. I also like The Voice. (I'm a singer, too)

Sutoomu

Well technicaly the clow is considered to be based of a show yes. But also we have to realize many animes have roots in Chinese and Japanese history and such. So even though they are based off of something like that. {In some cases for money making purposes solely--like in america where I feel pretty much nothing from them...} But in the case of the newer decks I have gotten from places outside of here where they were first created they do /feel/ different to me.