Way of the Horse

firefrost

Aerin said:
I'll let you know. I ordered accidentally on purpose.

I was always mad keen on horses and horse derivatives (Unicorns, Companions etc) when I was growing up, not so much now. (Still read Mercedes Lackey avidly though.)

Aerin

Ah - read Mercedes Lackey a few years ago. Now if this deck could get me using mindspeak with horses...But Companions weren't just horses...

Kahlie

bodhran said:
As an owner of this set, I would have to say it comes from a more "storyteller" tradition than a shamanistic one, in my opinion.

Isn't a storyteller tradition a shamanic one? At least, from what I always understood the Shaman was the storyteller, who would help others through wise tales... as well as heal and commune with Animal Spirits. Only later, after the tribe structure kind of broke down in Western Culture, we see storytellers appear within troubadour traditions, as well as within common hierarchic structures like schools and churches.

Kahlie

BodhiSeed

Kahlie said:
Isn't a storyteller tradition a shamanic one? At least, from what I always understood the Shaman was the storyteller, who would help others through wise tales... as well as heal and commune with Animal Spirits. Only later, after the tribe structure kind of broke down in Western Culture, we see storytellers appear within troubadour traditions, as well as within common hierarchic structures like schools and churches.

Kahlie
I guess the point I was trying to make is that this book contains stories or wisdom tales for healing, insight and growth. They have nothing to do with journeying to other realms (which I realize is not the ONLY part of shamanism). Read the book then tell me what you think.

Bat Chicken

I go away for a while and come back to find so many new goodies. My VISA card is screaming from the strain.... ;)

6 Haunted Days

Well I caved and ordered this the other day, the images look so beautiful and the books sounds so wonderful!

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
Well I caved and ordered this the other day, the images look so beautiful and the books sounds so wonderful!
Well I haven't done this yet, but I know I won't beable to hold off much longer!! :laugh: })

firefrost

faunabay said:
Well I haven't done this yet, but I know I won't beable to hold off much longer!! :laugh: })

Me too...These days if I see a deck I'd like either from recommendations here or just surfing, I make myself wait a short while. Most times the 'wanting' goes away but it hasn't with these - which means I'll be succumbing soon...

6 Haunted Days

firefrost said:
Me too...These days if I see a deck I'd like either from recommendations here or just surfing, I make myself wait a short while. Most times the 'wanting' goes away but it hasn't with these - which means I'll be succumbing soon...

I waited a week! :laugh: Also finding a copy for $11 helped!

As soon as I get it and look through the cards and book, I'll let you know what I think Faunabay!

Jewel

6 Haunted Days said:
As soon as I get it and look through the cards and book, I'll let you know what I think Faunabay!
You must understand that it was I who recommended this to her ... she has no chance of being talked out of it! We have been doing this to eachother for 7 years now, we know each other WAY too well! ~chuckles~. I do look forward to hearing your comments as we do seem to like many of the same things.

Bat Chicken, just set your Visa free ... ~giggles~

faunabay

Jewel said:
You must understand that it was I who recommended this to her ... she has no chance of being talked out of it! We have been doing this to eachother for 7 years now, we know each other WAY too well! ~chuckles~. I do look forward to hearing your comments as we do seem to like many of the same things.
Yep, Jewel you know 6HD's is doing the exact same thing you do to me. If she says I probably should get a deck I need to just go ahead and do it.

I really don't seem to have any choice in the matter!!! LMAO I tried to resist Diedre of the Sorrows but look where that got me!!! :laugh: :p :laugh: