What are some crystals for emotional balance?

Labhraín

What are some good crystals or stones for emotional balance? I have come across a handful of different stones in my books and the advice varied widely from source to source. I would love to hear suggestions from the community.

Padma

Myself I would have chosen amethyst, carnelian, Vesuvianite, pink or blue sapphire, calcite (any colour), or black chrome diopside. I have heard that star rubies are good for emotional peace and strength, as well. Citrine is good for that, too :)

Labhraín

Myself I would have chosen amethyst, carnelian, Vesuvianite, pink or blue sapphire, calcite (any colour), or black chrome diopside. I have heard that star rubies are good for emotional peace and strength, as well. Citrine is good for that, too :)

Hmm...those are interesting choices. The only one that I had seen in my books was amethyst - the others weren't listed so it's intriguing to see this list. I'll start checking these out one by one.

jolie_amethyst

I personally do best with labradorite & smoky quartz for calming anxious or depressive states, carnelian & citrine for boosting energy & mood--I tend to carry the labradorite in my pocket and wear the others in a neck pouch. If I'm carrying only one, it's the labradorite as I get the most noticeable overall benefit from that stone.

Padma

Hmm...those are interesting choices. The only one that I had seen in my books was amethyst - the others weren't listed so it's intriguing to see this list. I'll start checking these out one by one.

Some are from personal experience :) I have found the steadiest mood balancer in the lot to be the black diopside. Grounding stones work well for that (like the smoky quartz or topaz listed by JolieA) and I back her up on the Labradorite. Shoulda put it on my list! ;)

PS the sapphires work a treat, too. I like to balance the pink one with the Vesuvianite (green) and the black diopside. Nice mix!

jolie_amethyst

Some are from personal experience :) I have found the steadiest mood balancer in the lot to be the black diopside. Grounding stones work well for that (like the smoky quartz or topaz listed by JolieA) and I back her up on the Labradorite. Shoulda put it on my list! ;)

PS the sapphires work a treat, too. I like to balance the pink one with the Vesuvianite (green) and the black diopside. Nice mix!

That black diopside is stunning! And it's listed as a good stone for creative work, which means it rockets to the top of my "buy now" list. I do love multitasking stones. :)

Padma

You won't regret it, JolieA, it is a real workhorse! And it is compassionate, too. You can feel the gentle love and reassurance from it :)

Labhraín

Lots of suggestions

Lots of ideas! Here is the list so far of what everyone said:

Amethyst
Calcite (any color)
Carnelian
Citrine
Diopside (Black Chrome)
Labradorite
Sapphire (Pink or Blue)
Smokey Quartz
Star Ruby
Vesuvianite

Apollonia

What are some good crystals or stones for emotional balance? I have come across a handful of different stones in my books and the advice varied widely from source to source. I would love to hear suggestions from the community.

I like amber. It's very calming and soothing.