Manga Tarot: The Fool

tarotreader2007

So it's decided. We shall start with the major arcana and consequently, the fool.

I'm soon going to mail my money to membership, just need to wait for the darn paycheck and pay off my debts from the cards As soon as I do that, I might be able to scan pictures up here. Not sure b/c my computer at home is going berserk, tis the reason why I'm on at work/library all the time.

here is the list of color and season associations for the deck. Although, the hermit is fall and not winter so make sure you get that right

Since we all have the deck, should we or should we not put up the pic of the card we are talking about? I'm thinking if we all have the deck....

Anyway, the fool. What strikes you about this card? What is new and different? What doesn't exactly "go" with the fool card (I think the fact that she's crying *doesn't exactly fit the positive starting the fool usually is...*)

I find it interesting that as she walks, she leaves a trail of flowers. Not big, but a subtle shade of pink, due to the easiness of the card. If it were the empress, I'd expect full fledged birds of paradise, but for this card, I think little pink posies are the best symbol to describe this.

Also, she doesn't look like she is ready for the journey. She wants to more or less leave from a situation it seems rather than start another journey, even though that's what leaving entails. Instead of the "typical" fool, she's running away from trouble or neglect. This card in this deck, for me, seems to have to rely a lot on the cards surrounding it, like a court card. I don't see this card in the once again "typical" fool, like leaving and starting a new journey without knowing anything.

Here's a challenge, does anybody think there is a card in the deck that does fit the "typical" fool mantra? The 8 of cups perhaps???

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Alan Ross

I'm not sure what to make of this card, or the statement in the LWB: "It is the nature of things that space desires to be filled." This is certainly not the cheerful innocent I'm used to seeing. Perhaps she has hit rock bottom and now has no choice but to make a leap of faith into the unknown. Perhaps the space is the emptiness of her shattered life, an emptiness that is ready to be filled with new experiences, a new journey. She seems to me to be the fool after an encounter with the Tower.

The pink blossoms are the only color in this monochromatic card. Wherever she steps, she leaves beauty growing behind her. Or perhaps love. But she doesn't seem to notice it. Perhaps she is unaware of her own inner goodness and needs to reconnect with it.

tarotreader2007 said:
Here's a challenge, does anybody think there is a card in the deck that does fit the "typical" fool mantra? The 8 of cups perhaps???

I would that The Star in this deck is closer to what I would expect The Fool to be. Certainly the quote fits: "Each journey begins with a single step."

lilangel09

I'm not sure if she's upset or she's just covering her eyes but you'd like to think that she's upset from the atmosphere. Neither she nor the overly happy dog by her side see the cliff which they are about to fall off. In this case, I think the dog displays the typical "head in the clouds" aspect of the Fool while the Fool herself is as AR stated, ready to fill her emptiness with new experiences."

I'll edit when I find a card I think seems more like the Fool if I can find one.

tarotreader2007

I can't find a full list of this deck's cards. However, for the fool card, if you search for manga tarot you can see it here.

Hope that helps some of you that might not have the deck ready or even have it and would like to participate. :D

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

annik

This card makes me think that this fool haven't realized all the possibilities s/he can have yet. I feel it is the beginning of the story just before the caracter have his/her power awakened.

Hedera

I don't have the deck yet, but I'm itching to get it...

In this card, it seems almost as if the dog represents the usual Fool idea more than the girl, with his happy, carefree attitude.
I really like the little flowers she leaves in her footsteps, like little bits of spring and magic in the middle of winter.

Tarotreader, I would love it if you could scan the cards! :)
Of course, some can be seen online, but not more than a dozen or so - and even once I get the deck (which might be a while still), I don't have a scanner myself, and it can be really useful to be able to post a picture of the card you're talking about. For instance when it's a post not in this study group, but in a more general thread about a certain card.

tarotreader2007

Hedera! Welcome to our humble abode. I'm sure you knw that you need to be a subscriber to scan in things. However, even if I become a subscriber, my computer at home doesn't work at all b/c of it being too loaded up with viruses. Therefore, I won't be able to do it until I am able to do something to negate the viruses with my current pc, or, buy a new one which will take some time.

Please feel free to leave comments anyone!

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Hedera

Ah, yes, I temporarily forgot about the subscriber thing.

I joined this forum a while ago, when that wasn't instated yet. :)

tarotreader2007

(I will post up some more of the major arcana cards soon. Tonight I am super busy so will post them up, anon.)

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

RiccardoLS

When I first thougth the Manga tarot, one of the key I wanted for the deck would be a shift in focus from the single card to the relation among cards.
of course it is very difficult to traspose such an interdependecy into a systematic study.

However the Fool was necessarily the cornerstone of this approach.
What I see (it is one point of view, anyway) is a void card.
- absence of color
- absence of face
- absence of sight
Every beginning is a blank slate. As any finish, probably.
The fool had to be both the prince and the beggar. The one who knows everything, and knows nothing.

In another way, we begin our journey and we let behind what we are. We are not yet ready to look where we are going (I actually has never seen the Fool as upset or crying), but we have guidance (the dog... is not chasing us) We may be in danger, but even if we do not realize it yet, the journey has already began (the trail of growing thibgs).

There is song in Italy, called "via del campo". It says: "from diamonds nothing grows, from manure flowers spout". And in another verse it talks about a girl: "flowers sprouts where she walks".
I see this power of creating life, as a mark of pure innocence (and innocent purity ^^). Coscience. The soul.