Lenormand Playing Cards

Teheuti

Le Normand ARLO is my favourite deck, it isn't plastic or phony, and to me, it's an inspiration to follow suit in my own way with something similarly traditional.
I agree with you on this. ARLO is one of my favorites but I wish it shuffled more easily.

KariRoad - Thank you so much for all the TeaLeaf meanings. I had started to make such a list a while ago but never got around to finishing it. You've done a great job - it's so helpful!

KariRoad

andybc said:
I had it but its disappointing, in quality, so for me not worth £15.
Excuse me? You would have had to pay an additional $5 for international shipping, so the ARLO you "had" would have cost you £18.64 minimum.

KariRoad

you heard it here first

Carla said:
Does ARLO stand for something?
Authentic Reproduction Lenormand Oracle.

KariRoad

Jean-Claude Flornoy

Regarding the Le Normand ARLO ~ has anyone else noticed that the Court Card images are exactly those reproduced by Jean-Claude Flornoy in his beautiful "Provost" deck? Chosen specifically by ARLO to honour the most devoted Artist of our day in the realm of authentic historical cartomantic reproductions, individually accurate works of art..?!

And as far as SHUFFLING goes, if I may ask please: Will all those in possession of an original issue Dondorf Carreras Lenormand come forth and admit to ever (in a million years) having actually shuffled your personal copy of any one of these exquisite decks?

The Art of Randomizing a deck of (however painfully small) cards, oughtn't to be (imho) so much of an inconvenience as an introspective experience. Well suited to Divination.

Le Normand ARLO is a standard size Lenormand deck, and I have no problem with it just because it isn't plasticized. It is a very rare, hand made deck. What's not to love?

andybc

Excuse me? You would have had to pay an additional $5 for international shipping, so the ARLO you "had" would have cost you £18.64 minimum.

I know what I paid for it, but in the end it was not worth it. I gather you like it but for me it was disappointing imho.

Edit to say - I didn't realise I hadn't said why, which would make it look unfair. I love the images of the ARLO, the stripped back look, but it was the cardstock. I had hoped to use it in paid for readings, but the cards in my copy started to warp and come apart.

I do have three decks from the 1890s, including a Dondorf, and the ARLO does feel like them. But they do shuffle a lot better and are more durable.

However, on the bright side, the ARLO got me to buy the Mertz and Wahrsagen a la Lenormand. I do still have the ARLO I just don't read with it.

KariRoad

I agree with you on this. ARLO is one of my favorites but I wish it shuffled more easily.

KariRoad - Thank you so much for all the TeaLeaf meanings. I had started to make such a list a while ago but never got around to finishing it. You've done a great job - it's so helpful!
Hello, and Thank You! Yes, researching tea leaf meanings is not easy by any means. It' frustrating! The reward, as it is so often, comes from sifting the dross for the gold. I did keep a good deal of authentic dross in with the possible gold when I compiled the meanings posted above. Obviously, reading tea leaves is not at all like reading Lenormand.

There are hundreds of TEA LEAF reading possibilities, and only 36 for Lenormand, though 36 variables may easily approach unimagined degrees of infinity. Gotta lovitt!

Also, and especially, I like your way of challenging these cards!

The "book" needs to be written with forward motion. The past was once impatiently awaiting the future we presume.

KariRoad

ARLO is the Best!

Carla said:
I gathered this from a thread I found at a tarot collectors forum. Print quality, etc, not so good. Well, I've got a French Cartomancy deck on the way to me, so that will do for now!
Hello, Carla ~ I do hope you get this very deck! It will be the Dondorf Carreras deck pretty much exactly, so far as Art, and bumped up to standard size. Of course a real Carreras would be a collectors item, but Lo Scarabeos "French" Cartomancy deck is an authentic German-English deck. Enjoy!

andybc

Hello, and Thank You! Yes, researching tea leaf meanings is not easy by any means. It' frustrating! The reward, as it is so often, comes from sifting the dross for the gold. I did keep a good deal of authentic dross in with the possible gold when I compiled the meanings posted above. Obviously, reading tea leaves is not at all like reading Lenormand.

There are hundreds of TEA LEAF reading possibilities, and only 36 for Lenormand, though 36 variables may easily approach unimagined degrees of infinity. Gotta lovitt!

Also, and especially, I like your way of challenging these cards!

The "book" needs to be written with forward motion. The past was once impatiently awaiting the future we presume.

I think it would be very hard to prove a definite link between the Lenormand, and tea leaf reading.

As for meanings, I do have some that are very similar that come from Romania (for about 16 or so cards).

I did find the meanings you posted very interesting though, so thank you - and I can imagine it would be like sifting through dross.

KariRoad

I think it would be very hard to prove a definite link between the Lenormand, and tea leaf reading.

As for meanings, I do have some that are very similar that come from Romania (for about 16 or so cards).

I did find the meanings you posted very interesting though, so thank you - and I can imagine it would be like sifting through dross.
Are you kidding? The 1845 cards, printed in Germany, obsequiously titled Le Normand, are precisely tea leaf fortune telling images. Where else on earth would they have originated from with any validity? The printing industry was booming! Etc etc etc goodnight