Zombie tarot - King of Cups

shadowdancer

If any court from this deck really paid attention to their style and dress, it is our King of Cups. Not a crease out of place. Not a button unshone. And of course, he likes to feel comfortable, being the sensitive wee soul he is, thus the comfy cushioned chair there. I just hope though, he remembers to rinse those clothes sooner rather than later- salt can rot seams in the blink of a human eye. (Obviously not a zombie eye, as the lack of eyelids is somewhat of an issue). Most of us don't like feeing all at sea, but he seems to take it in his stride. Or at least he did, before taking a seat. It takes a lot to get him to show any of his emotions, but they are there for sure. If you take the time to get to know him, and nibble away at his defences, and not just his neck, you may see what is really going on within. He still may try to keep a stiff upper lip, but eventually the cracks will appear. Salt water can do that you know, and it is more than fair to say, zombies really have not yet discovered the benefits of a good moisturiser or lip balm. This guy did wear his heart on his sleeve at one time, but he has learned that is not a good idea. It tends to become lunch very quickly for those who don't have a heart of their own. So you can't really blame him for keeping his emotions under lock and key. A caring chap, who likes to keep things below the surface somewhat.

Attachments

• cups king.jpg
    cups king.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 299

krystalkitty

I think that the king here is also someone who cares what you people think and take this into account where is is holding the skull with the brain still intact. Those binoculars in his hand is like he wants to see clearly. The fact he is a captain showing his control over his emotions what ever is going on around him perhaps sometimes he needs to let go a little more. The fact he is letting the fish nibble on him looks as though he does like to give himself to people, lend himself as much as he can. Also with him dressed in his full suit even there maybe he needs to put down his barriers a little and let people know all of him.

I love the part about him wearing his heart on his sleeve and not any more.. and your quote about the salt water makes me chuckle too.. Looking at the bottom half of him being intact leans me towards him trying to be a grounded individual in some ways..