New Lenoracle next month - Postcards From My Lover

seven stars

magpie9 had a good perspective on The Cage, and so, I let one of the birds out. I also hung the cage in a window where the one can see the trees outside in the distance. You ever feel like that? Got this nice big pretty house, have everything you need & you're still not happy. Eh, we've all been there. Some cages are easier to get out of than others. Some we choose to stay in because it's easier & we're content to settle.

Attachments

• 40 The Cage.jpg
    40 The Cage.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 125

Padma

when are these coming up for sale again, Seven Stars...? My goodness, what a gorgeous deck! :love:

seven stars

when are these coming up for sale again, Seven Stars...? My goodness, what a gorgeous deck! :love:

Well, they haven't been up for sale a FIRST time yet....it's new. I've been posting the extra cards in the deck one at a time (the ones in addition to the 36). They'll be out after Christmas or beginning of January so people can get them by Valentine's day.

Padma

haha, no, I meant tell us again when they are coming out! ;) PM coming, I think I would like one of the superior stock decks, with gilding!

seven stars

haha, no, I meant tell us again when they are coming out! ;) PM coming, I think I would like one of the superior stock decks, with gilding!

I do not mind doing that for people I just feel bad that I really would have to charge a lot more for it - the decks cost me twice as much, and if I have them shipped to me (so that I can do the guilding) & then mailed out, I'm doing double postage. I need to think about how much is the least I can do that for. Ideally, I could order that cardstock and people could guild them themselves - honestly it's NOT that hard to do - I just did it with a metallic gold marker. After a while of shuffling it isn't quite as "shiney" but it's a lot preferable to the white edges. It's still pretty cool how much they feel like shuffling a regular deck & yet they won't warp & I can spill coffee on them. Maybe they' melt - I haven't actually done any heat experiments on them. Maybe I should see how hot they can get before they melt.

seven stars

41 - The Fence

(BTW There are 42 cards in case you're wondering when this is going to end...)

The Fence card is all about boundaries. Boundaries boundaries boundaries. Good fences make good neighbors & the best fences have a gate somewhere. I think establishing physical & emotional boundaries is probably the most important aspect of any relationship & something we tend to take for granted sometimes. It's not 'putting up walls' between people, it's part of a healthy relationship whether between loved ones, family members, or even employers. Not having appropriate, well defined & well understood boundaries can leave people feeling lost, unappreciated, taken advantage of or other forms of frustration & negativity. Boundaries make people happier because they know where they stand. Not knowing where you stand leads to "fence sitting", which is a situation that needs correcting.

Attachments

• 41 The Fence.jpg
    41 The Fence.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 118

magpie9

Wiser words were never said.....is that an open gate? If so, what does it mean in terms of boundaries? Is it in expectation, or open unknowingly,or a break in the defenses.... a nice little bit of mystery there. I suppose it depends on what is going on around it in the other cards at the time. Next to snake it would not be good news.

seven stars

Wiser words were never said.....is that an open gate? If so, what does it mean in terms of boundaries? Is it in expectation, or open unknowingly,or a break in the defenses.... a nice little bit of mystery there. I suppose it depends on what is going on around it in the other cards at the time. Next to snake it would not be good news.

I think when we're in love we tend to leave that gate a little more open than is probably wise but the gate is still there nonetheless.

In the previous card I forgot to mention about the green trees in the background being out of focus, which I thought was in line with 'the grass is always greener on the other side...'

magpie9

I like the re-do, (on the cage) and i like that thought.

seven stars

42 - Damaged or Mending

I originally thought to call this card Damage. Then I thought "Mending". At either rate, it's something damaged that needs mending. It's the most 'valentiney' card in the deck & that might turn some people off. But, it's a relationship deck, & coming out before Valentine's day, so, maybe just this one.

To my knowledge there aren't cards in the Lenormand system that have to do with mending or healing or having been damaged but improving, or that attest to the healing power of love. Lets face it, we're all damaged in one way or another. I think we always kind of hope that love will heal these wounds.

Attachments

• 42 Damage.jpg
    42 Damage.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 135