Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

Abrac

Gwynydd, thanks for that link, it really shows the cards as they are. Personally not a big fan of this deck, but it's a great video. :)

Gwynydd

Gwynydd, thanks for that link, it really shows the cards as they are. Personally not a big fan of this deck, but it's a great video. :)

I thought so. Kinda sucks though, to watch what we're missing! :D

FLizarraga

Not a fan of the RWS deck in general, or of this edition in particular? I'm curious.

(Personally, I was never a fan of the RWS, and my first and truer Tarot experience was a Marseille deck, but in time it has grown on me.)

FLizarraga

I just tried, and the English edition is still available for "ordering" on the Koenigsfurt Urania shop: http://www.koenigsfurt-urania.com/shop/produktansicht/premium-tarot-von-aewaite-deluxeformat.html. NOT anywhere else, not even Amazon.de, not anymore (tried their own link).

I put "ordering" in quotation marks because it shows a release date of August 14, 2017, which last I checked is in the future. The box is identical to the German Premium edition, so I'm assuming it's the same edition with the pebble backs... Well, actually the box shown is the German box with the text in German, so your guess is as good as mine. (The box shown in the now defunct link was in Spanish. I sense a pattern here.)

gregory

But they will not send to the UK or North America.

FLizarraga

But they will not send to the UK or North America.

Not surprising. But even if they did, it's still a hypothetical deck, to be released in August. Which, taking in consideration everything that has been said here, does not seem likely.

Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight --I got the German one in both sizes, and that's good enough for me. But. It's. Just. Not. Right.

PurplePixie

German premium deck

I checked Amazon US and a german vender is still selling the german versions of these. I don't know if it was pulled for a time but it seems to be up now. They're offering the standard and the pocket versions. I wish the mini was there but alas no. I found a mini on Amazon france but they wont ship to US ugh

Wheel of Fantastic

If you live in the UK you should be able to get the German version from EBay UK; there are loads of German sellers on there with new copies of the German deck. Not sure if they are willing to post to the US.

The English version was available, someone on YouTube managed to snag one before they were pulled. If they are released again I would expect English versions to 'leak' out through EBay in particular.