Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Multi levels

Sylvie Steinbach

Yes stormy!!!!

Finally someone wondered why Jill came in the first place?! In never occured to anyone here that the woman may be hidding things but wanted me to figure out...

Only Lark did it right on. Kept it simple. But Lark, i hope you did not have it right just because you saw the second line as a separate spread because it still does not show me if you can deal with multi level. So we will have to do more cases....

Stormy said:

Jill by consulting Sylvie.. it is clear she is having doubts about her marriage. I pondered the possible circumstances on why she would consult Sylvie. I am considering the fact that Sylvie is investigating their motivations towards their marriage individually.

If Sylvie wanted to look at them as a couple-- she would naturally charge both significator cards with Charles and Jill's energies. This would leave other person cards to represent a third party should they be involved.By pulling the woman card, she can analyse the possible circumstance around Jill as well to see what is going on with her as she might not have disclosed affairs to Sylvie.

This made me wonder which direction to choose on analysing the spread. Are the individual spreads done to analyse how they viewed each other or what is going on on their lives separately? I think only Sylvie can answer this to explain what her intentions were when she pulled the cards to justify the draws.

I think all of our answers are valid where we took one or the other chain of thought regarding what the spreads were divulging..

Sylvie Steinbach

Jill case

The fact that Jill wanted to know the state of her marriage gives away the fact that there could be some issues. I will do the multi level reading by charging only the man card with her husband charles - I want to see what is doing in this relationship and by charging the ring - the marriage per say.

We pull all the cards of the deck as it is a multi level reading system where we want to have all displayed in case we need things...

So we have:

Birds + mountain + man + ring + mice + heart +.... + dog + whip + crossroad + woman + fox + book +...

Ok I saw something around the woman card that caught my attention so I decided to interprete the set around her. the hint was the dog!!! which is NOT charge.
The woman card represent JIll even if we did not charge her. It is not a stranger because we have Jill in front of us /or over the phone and that we are talking about HER marriage. So she is no stranger to the reading. WE needed to charge the man because we wanted to know about him!!!

So the key card 'man' has the mountain on the left and the ring on the right -remember to do that first before going for combination!!!! you all miss that step, which is a very important one!

So Charles is a married man -ring- and a lonely husband -mountain-. The birds + mountain show no communication in the marriage for a while. A certain indifference is coming from him. The ring + mice show that the marriage is not looking to good in the future. Mice refer to dissolution!
Now the other keycard is the 'ring'. On the left is the man and on the right the mice. NOW THIS WHY YOU CAN'T FORGET THAT STEP: the man is in control of the marriage and its dissolution. This means that he is either going to be the one to dissolve the marriage or that he is responsible for the state of the marriage at this point. That is an important piece of info if you are looking to know how it got started and who is responsible for the problem.
This statement is reinforced by the combination 'mountain + man' which indicate that Charles is by nature not the warmest guy on Earth!!! the 'mice + heart' next to the ring talk about the emotional stress the MARRIAGE -RING- is going through...(not Charles!!)

Now the reason I flashed on the woman is because of the dog near. So I interprete the woman as if it is a key card..right? everybody follows me so far?...

Crossroad on the left and fox on the right. Well we have a woman who is sneaking around in a possible double life. That dog is becoming more and more important now. The dog has the whip next right so it shows a physical attraction for someone that is known to her -refer to definitions.
The whip + crossroad combination -part of the woman- show the affair and the dog has that combination too!!! So now I know that Jill maybe having an affair. The fox and book combination confirm the 'secret' that she omitted to tell me upfront. So now I know why she wanted me to check her marriage.

In this situation you have a client who was not forthcoming to the reader. She did not mention she was having an extra marital affair but instead told me to concentrate on her marriage. It is clear that the sign the marriage won't last is all over the reading but also should be known to JILL. Charles is being pretty obvious with his indifference and lack of emotions toward the relationship. We can understand that Jill probably found comfort in someone else's arms. The proof you are good sometimes can be right at the moment of the reading by finding out what people did not tell you. This is a perfect example.

Please review attentively my answer. In the future no more omittion of steps like the first two cards surrounding the key one. You constantly forget that step. Plus if there are multi key cards involved you MUST do the interpretation again with each key card because it will give you the dynamic of the answer instead of guessing that most of you do even if your answers are OK. No more guessing! there is a technique in reading you must follow...

I will submit another case study on this thread...

lark

Sylvie Steinbach said:
You mentioned:

*I would want to see where Jill is in the relationship..so I think that was also on your mind and that is why you did another line with woman as a key card....woman representing Jill.

I haven't done an extra spread...the two lines are part of the same spread. Again the punctuation "..." means that there are cards that I have not mentioned because they are not relevant. This is a multi level reading. No need to do an extra spread. Again read carefully my introduction.
I think it was just a communication problem...you asked in your original thread... Now tell me instead why I chose to post the woman key card and its surrounding cards.
I ment to answer that question and I said it badly...I didn't think you had pulled an extra set of cards...just that you had seen something in the combinations that made you feel like looking further. I understood it was a one time draw and multi level.

Sylvie Steinbach

Lark

Then congratulations as you are the only one who kept it simple, to the point and right on...if you look at my post though you will know what you need to not forget to break down next time as i am posting the next multi level. I need to make sure you all know how to do a multi level no matter what is the topic and that there is no longer misunderstandings in the process of breaking down the spread and with cards such as the dog...

Sylvie Steinbach

Josie's reading

Next case study. Please read my answer from the one before and show me improvements...I will pay close attention to your technique.

AGAIN KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Josie came for a reading. She does not have any questions she says but she tells us she is dating the same man for awhile, Frank. And she would like to get married. We shuffle and will charge in the process the 29 woman key card to represent her. No real question but we will do a multi level reading.

All the cards are used. Here is what stands out:

...+ 9 bouquet + 4 house + 29 woman + 11 whip + 21 mountain +...
+ 10 scythe + 22 crossroad + 18 dog + 25 ring + 7 snake +...
+ 2 clover + 1 horseman + 28 man + 24 heart + 12 birds +...

Please pay close attention to the cards' lay out and the "...". I would like you to tell me why I selected these cards to show you. And what is your analysis of these key cards.

lark

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Then congratulations as you are the only one who kept it simple, to the point and right on...if you look at my post though you will know what you need to not forget to break down next time as i am posting the next multi level. I need to make sure you all know how to do a multi level no matter what is the topic and that there is no longer misunderstandings in the process of breaking down the spread and with cards such as the dog...
Yes, definitely, I need to work on my break down more...after reading tarot for so many years I tend to see cards as a whole and instantly get a feel for what is happening....this is whole different way of reading though and I'm excited to try the next one.

Phoenix Rising

Oh ok, the problem I had was looking at Charles as being the problem because of his unresponsive nature, and I assumed because he was the one being distant that he was the one being the sneak and Jill wanting to find out about it. That's why I assumed part of her investigative work was coming to see Sylvie to see is she could pick that up.

I originally thought that because crossroad and fox was surrounding her that there was deception on her part, but Charles threw me. It is that dog that can confuse me sometimes. Assuming in this case that it was Charles. Reading combinations sometimes can put things out when I should just follow the natural flow of cards....

I can see now how you've broken it down.
Phoenix

indianstorm

Josie's reading

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Josie came for a reading. She does not have any questions she says but she tells us she is dating the same man for awhile, Frank. And she would like to get married. We shuffle and will charge in the process the 29 woman key card to represent her. No real question but we will do a multi level reading.

Please pay close attention to the cards' lay out and the "...". I would like you to tell me why I selected these cards to show you. And what is your analysis of these key cards.

Answer:

1.Cards are laid out in order they were pulled
2. You selected the cards around the keycards of interest- 29 Woman for Josie, 25 Ring to represent marriage potential. 28 Man for Frank

level 1 - ...+ 9 bouquet + 4 house + 29 woman + 11 whip + 21 mountain +...

Keycard analysis- house + woman + whip- here we have Jill depicted as a housewife and with the whip to the right indicating her as physically fit and sexual.
left of spread- bouquet+house indicates domestic bliss in the past.
Right of spread- whip+mountain indicate an impasse or possibly feeling restricted.

Level 2-.. + 10 scythe + 22 crossroad + 18 dog + 25 ring + 7 snake +...

Keycard Ring analysis- dog + ring + snake

dog+ring- companionship/partnership that was difficult due to disagreement (ring+snake)
Left of spread- Scythe+crossroad- decision to lead separate lives. Crossroad+dog +ring- split in partnership because of- (right of ring)disagreement /incompatibilty (ring+snake)

Level 3- ..+ 2 clover + 1 horseman + 28 man + 24 heart + 12 birds +...
keycard Man analysis- Horseman+ man + heart
Phsyically attractive/ New a man (horseman + man) and boyfriend /generous(Man+heart).

To the left-Clover +horseman- offer or opportunities/synchronicity
To the right- Heart + birds-romantic couple/ life partners.

I am going to stick in the order the cards were drawn-

In the past Josie enjoyed domestic bliss with her partner , but the relationship became restrictive and difficult. This lead to her separating from her then partner which was a difficult process (ring+snake).

She met Frank at the right time in her life (clover). She found him young and attractive (horseman). He is also generous lover (heart). It is possible the relationship has lifepartner potential (Birds)- but since there is no Ring card to the right-- I cannot definitely say it will culminate to a marriage. However, I would reassure Josie that the relationship is going in the right direction.

I hope I have done better this time--

Stormy

LisaW

oh well

Hmm-

I honestly didn't notice the "..." in that first one.
I stand corrected.

had the cards been in front of me, I wouldn't have made that mistake --

LisaW

lark

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Next case study. Please read my answer from the one before and show me improvements...I will pay close attention to your technique.

AGAIN KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Woman + house... Josie has her own house.
House + bouquet it is very comfortable and nicely decorated.
(As a job she might sell real estate or be an interior decorator with this card combination)
Woman + whip.... shows she is sexually active.
Whip + Mountain... shows a limitation or restriction put on her sex life.
Also a sense of confinement...where she doesn't feel she is as able to go out in public as freely at times as other people.

Key card is dog.... it shows someone very familar to Josie.
Dog + crossroad.. a double life.
Dog + ring... this familar person is married and leads a double life...Frank is married.
scythe + crossroads... seems to be a decision made to cut off the relationship and go their separate ways.
ring + snake... disagreements between them, and it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain the lies and cheating.

Man key card:
Man + Horseman... brings a new man into Josies life.
Man + Heart.. he is emotionally open and available.
Clover + Horseman... this opportunity comes at just the right moment and offers Josie a fresh start.
Heart + Birds... she can look forward to a wonderful romance with this new man who has the potential to be a true life partner.