why the pendulum lies?

Padma

That's true, Greatdane - some methods work better than others. We are craftsmen of the trade, but we all use different tools!

Ivanna, I have hear a chart can work very well with a pendulum. Just type in "pendulum chart" in your google browser, you will see there are several sites that offer free ones.

Rainboweve, I have heard others the same about their pendies - that 2 out of 3 is the norm. There was quite a long thread about it last spring here, I think. I will see if I can find it...

ETA Here are a few threads on crystal pendulum use that I found, I hope they help!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=173488

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174556

And here is one started as a pendulum reading exchange thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175933

Spencer

I don't have much luck with the crystal ones unless I'm using it to choose cards but I have found ones I make myself work quite well, like when I used my grandmothers wedding ring on a chain. Never had an incorrect answer with that one.

Padma

Yes, I have heard that lug nuts or some other common metal - or even rings - work better than crystal. Myself I never had any luck with my crystal ones.

ETA Just remembering that back home, in Québec, we used a needle on a thread, traditionally. And the colour used for the thread was a colour that had to do with the question - like, red for love, etc.

.traveller.

Yes, I have heard that lug nuts or some other common metal - or even rings - work better than crystal. Myself I never had any luck with my crystal ones.

ETA Just remembering that back home, in Québec, we used a needle on a thread, traditionally. And the colour used for the thread was a colour that had to do with the question - like, red for love, etc.

That sounded fun, so I gave it a try. My questions were for the next two months so it will be a while before I know if it was right or wrong. I used one of my giant, gold, tapestry needles. The wool string gave stronger swings than the silk did, in case anyone wants to know.

ivanna

Hi,
Thank you all for your answers.
I have been trying today, and it seems that is giving yes moving from left to right, and no with up and down movement.
We got correct answers for questions like color of eyes, name and so on.
After that a few other questions for which we do not know the answers, but we are not sure if we are getting correct answers or if the pendulum is giving us the answers we wanna hear, so we will have to wait.
I may start a exchange readings to know if I get accurate answers for others.

danieljuk

hope you get it working Ivanna! I use a pendulum quite a lot and sometimes it's very accurate for me and sometimes it's not. However it normally gets my name right. I do use different to the normal signs for answers though. I asked it to show me a sign for yes and for no and it gives me those! yes with this crystal pendulum is circling and no is swinging in a line.

I am a little sceptical about pendulums, I worry it's too easy to move it yourself (even unconsciously). It does seem to often reflect the answer I want. But 2 years ago I had a very formal legal situation and asked the outcome, there was many outcomes and tried tarot, oracles and pendulum for an answer. the pendulum was the only method to get it completely right!

wind

In my view, the answer suits the question, that is, if we try to 'test' the pendulum, it will give back 'silly' answers or play games with us - just as we play games with it:)

I think it depends on which level of mind you use - if you ask a question just to play games or to try things out and not with a genuine intent to seek an answer or insight, you connect with the level of energy that is not so genuine. It is an intellectual game and not a very high vibration. If your question is not genuine, the answer cannot be either.

It is the same as with tarot or astrology or any kind of tool - our intent, our inner centeredness, our sincerity is the main key to get a true answer. In horary astrology for instance you have a bunch of rules that exclude the answer, telling you that you are not honest or that you already know the answer or that it is too soon to know...The chart doesn't answer just anything, on our whim. We need to be respectful and honest - because basically we are getting answers from inner sources of energy and there we can connect only with clear intent and higher mind.
When asking for guidance, we need to firstly be aligned with our own inner source that can then give truthful answers - but if just test things or play...well, the answers reflect the question.

I've had very good resuls with pendulum, when asking real and honest answers that I really needed.

ivanna

In my view, the answer suits the question, that is, if we try to 'test' the pendulum, it will give back 'silly' answers or play games with us - just as we play games with it:)

I think it depends on which level of mind you use - if you ask a question just to play games or to try things out and not with a genuine intent to seek an answer or insight, you connect with the level of energy that is not so genuine. It is an intellectual game and not a very high vibration. If your question is not genuine, the answer cannot be either.

It is the same as with tarot or astrology or any kind of tool - our intent, our inner centeredness, our sincerity is the main key to get a true answer. In horary astrology for instance you have a bunch of rules that exclude the answer, telling you that you are not honest or that you already know the answer or that it is too soon to know...The chart doesn't answer just anything, on our whim. We need to be respectful and honest - because basically we are getting answers from inner sources of energy and there we can connect only with clear intent and higher mind.
When asking for guidance, we need to firstly be aligned with our own inner source that can then give truthful answers - but if just test things or play...well, the answers reflect the question.

I've had very good resuls with pendulum, when asking real and honest answers that I really needed.

Very nice answer, thank you! , but to test the pendulum and if it works on me I need to do some questions, like if am I blue eyed, or so.
Otherwise, I can try to ask serius questions, but I will not know if it's working or not.

Yesterday I tried to do some test questions, and de Pendulum did not move, or gave only positive answers, so I left it.

I did not programmed it, so I should do a couple of yes no questions before trying to ask serious questions, to know how it is answering. And the test questions yesterday didn't worked at all.

wind

Very nice answer, thank you! , but to test the pendulum and if it works on me I need to do some questions, like if am I blue eyed, or so.
Otherwise, I can try to ask serius questions, but I will not know if it's working or not.

Yesterday I tried to do some test questions, and de Pendulum did not move, or gave only positive answers, so I left it.

I did not programmed it, so I should do a couple of yes no questions before trying to ask serious questions, to know how it is answering. And the test questions yesterday didn't worked at all.

Try questions that you would also ask tarot. With tarot we also don't know how it works, until we try and see what happens.

The pendulum certainly works - if you work. If you move your energy in an honest way, you will get an honest answer or the answer you need. But if the questions are just mere intellectual testing of the facts, the deeper energy doesn't get stirred, the deeper source is not activated, that is why the pendulum doesn't respond or gives silly answers. This is my view, of course.

When you ask 'are my eyes blue', you ask it from a different source than when you ask a serious question that you really need an aswer for. The pendulum will get aligned with your energy - and the source where the question is coming from. If it is not serious, the answer will not be serious. It is the same as with tarot, or any other tool. What matters is our clear intent.

So, just try the same questions as for tarot. We ask tarot yes/no questions all the time:) Ask, for instance, about a friend, if your relationship is good for you, or some book you want to read, if it is suitable for you, or about some tarot deck you want to buy...also practice on people with real questions. Take pendulum as guidance.

I also never got consistent answers with 'testing' questions. They are silly and superficial and we don't use the right enegry for them.

Ask something real, that really interests you. As for yes or no movement - just decide which is which and then be consistent.

And be relaxed about it. That is the main point.

ivanna

Try questions that you would also ask tarot. With tarot we also don't know how it works, until we try and see what happens.

The pendulum certainly works - if you work. If you move your energy in an honest way, you will get an honest answer or the answer you need. But if the questions are just mere intellectual testing of the facts, the deeper energy doesn't get stirred, the deeper source is not activated, that is why the pendulum doesn't respond or gives silly answers. This is my view, of course.

When you ask 'are my eyes blue', you ask it from a different source than when you ask a serious question that you really need an aswer for. The pendulum will get aligned with your energy - and the source where the question is coming from. If it is not serious, the answer will not be serious. It is the same as with tarot, or any other tool. What matters is our clear intent.

So, just try the same questions as for tarot. We ask tarot yes/no questions all the time:) Ask, for instance, about a friend, if your relationship is good for you, or some book you want to read, if it is suitable for you, or about some tarot deck you want to buy...also practice on people with real questions. Take pendulum as guidance.

I also never got consistent answers with 'testing' questions. They are silly and superficial and we don't use the right enegry for them.

Ask something real, that really interests you. As for yes or now movement - just decide which is which and then be consistent.

And be relaxed about it. That is the main point.

Hi, Wind,
I will do it.
I started yesterday a thread to exchange readings with pendulum, to check if it works. Questions like if I'm blond or 45 years.
So, in your opinion, in that case the pendulum will not work, as they are superficial questions, even when we do it to get practice with the pendulum?