Little mad cows...

jcwirish

I think it's great. Keep going! I like the nameless card a lot, and the Wheel.

Skimo

Thank you all for your comments!

Here is Temperance (I have had a hard time on this one...)

Attachments

• 14 - La Tempérance.jpg
    14 - La Tempérance.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 238

pippi

Oooh, I love :heart: your Temperance... and that's usually a card that feels so blah to me. Nice job!

Skimo

Thank you,
To me, the key words for Temperance are : alchemistry, mixing opposite elements... and cooking... the witch cow boiling her ying and yang cauldron came to my mind...

Here is the Devil :

Attachments

• 15 - Le Diable.jpg
    15 - Le Diable.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 225

Skimo

Since I have done eight more majors, I have added a second group to my first post.

Curtis Penfold

Skimo said:
Thank you,
To me, the key words for Temperance are : alchemistry, mixing opposite elements... and cooking... the witch cow boiling her ying and yang cauldron came to my mind...

Here is the Devil :
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4174500075_bd997b2f76_o.jpg

You seem to like that Halloween witch feel. Like the Hermit with his cape. It's interesting in a cow deck.

I do want to say that I really like your Devil. What I like most about it is that his horns are pointing down while everybody else's horns are always pointing up. It's kind of like every other card is talking about something spiritual, ascension you know. But this card is talking about the here and now. Carnality, earthy desires. It's just as good, despite the subtlety, as the upside down pentagram.

I do like it very much. All these cards help me think about how the cow can represent so much in different cultures. It's fun to see serious symbolism treated humorously.

Skimo

I know that I am influenced by all the decks I may have seen. The Halloween tarot being one of my favourite I guess that its influence may be more noticeable (but it's also my favourite because i like Halloween...)
For the Devil's horns, i drew them upright on the first sketch, drawing them pointing down on the final one because it just felt right, before to see a meaning in it.

Next is the Tower, not an easy one... I thought i could make a little cow fallen from an apple tree, but it would have been to much alike the hanged one. Here it's a drawing of a real place where i have grown up, the cow have jumped, flying or falling, how will the landing be?
Actually you can jump for real from this tower with an elastic...

Attachments

• 16 - La Tour.jpg
    16 - La Tour.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 248

Curtis Penfold

Skimo said:
Next is the Tower, not an easy one... I thought i could make a little cow fallen from an apple tree, but it would have been to much alike the hanged one. Here it's a drawing of a real place where i have grown up, the cow have jumped, flying or falling, how will the landing be?
Actually you can jump for real from this tower with an elastic...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2593/4175477543_6c33879320_o.jpg

Oh man, that Tower blows my mind. Really, you are good at intuitive symbolism.

Instead of showing these people falling out of the tower in panic, God's rath upon them, you show a different, more positive miracle. Here's a cow suddenly flying. This really captures the opportunity this card offers.

AmethystEyes

I adore these cards. I have a thing for cows and these are soo cute. I really hope someone wants to publish them ;)

Skimo

I would love to see them published too, thank you for your support!

Anyway I really enjoy the process of creation and it seems such a good way to study tarot for me.

Like the hanged one, it's the first time I think he could be could also the suspended one, like suspended time... just another thought...