The Bathtub Spread

mj07

just a note

I tried this spread again last night for a friend's question about her job and it was kind of confusing again. The place that's not working for me is the "what would be fun". Why's the rubber ducky at the bottom of the tub? I think maybe I'd re-arrange the cards a bit, after all, the drain would be at the bottom, right? maybe switch #5 and #6?

Also, thinking more and more about the bubbles, they're a combination of the water and the soap... what does anyone else make of that?

1. The tub--the environment of the task/project
2 The hot water--what may cause worry
3. The cold water--what may stop progress
4. The soap--what you need to do
5. The rubber ducky--what will be fun
6. The towel--how you'll feel after it's done
7. The drain--what you'll get rid of
8. The bubbles...???

It would be fun to have a tub-shaped arrangement, like
1.......................6 ...........7

Imagemaker

I like all your revisions. Good stuff! The actual physical placement of the towel, drain and duck cards could be in a variety of places.

Bubbles as soap and water is an interesting observation--perhaps they could be "how my resources (suggestions?) will be transformed?"

So funny to have your King of fire and water sitting at the bottom of the tub! Emotions and Passion shooting out of the Jacuzzi jets?

mj07

Imagemaker said:
I like all your revisions. Good stuff! The actual physical placement of the towel, drain and duck cards could be in a variety of places.

Bubbles as soap and water is an interesting observation--perhaps they could be "how my resources (suggestions?) will be transformed?"

So funny to have your King of fire and water sitting at the bottom of the tub! Emotions and Passion shooting out of the Jacuzzi jets?

thanks! I like it so much, I think I'll keep trying it out and see what happens!

And ya, those two kings side-by-side at the bottom of the tub, I was just laughing at them saying "WHAT do you think you're doing??"

Imagemaker

I had a thought about those kings. See the spread thread you posted.

Wisp Wings

Maybe for Bubbles use just one card, have it sideways to represent more and decide to always read this position as upright (for those that do read the reverse cards). As for the meaning with bubbles, what about asking "Wish -- What is my highest hope for this situation?

Just a suggestion. :)

mj07

hmmm... highest hopes for bubbles! I think that's a GREAT idea, especially since we already have the rubber ducky for fun!

Imagemaker

I love this idea! What a perfect addition--Bubbles are now officially added as "highest hopes"!

mj07

soo.....would it be like this then?

1.......................6 ...........8

1. The tub--the environment of the task/project
2. The hot water--what may cause worry
3. The cold water--what may stop progress
4. The soap--what you need to do
5. The drain--what you'll get rid of
6. The rubber ducky--what will be fun
7. The bubbles--highest hopes
8. The towel--how you'll feel after it's done

tmgrl2

This is hysterical ...I love this spread, Imagemaker!! I see the room for flexibility....actually, when I envision the cold water, doesn't the water cool off from top to bottom? Where are the scientists when we need them for drains, water temperature and rubber duckies???

Going to try this spread..not tonight....but soon...just wanted to ty for it!

t2

mj07

PS a friend of mine said she sees the soap as maybe something you use?