2 of Cups and Lovers

nisaba

carcinya said:
What does it mean when the 2 of Cups and the Lovers show up together?

I mean, you'd think one or the other would be enough, right? :D
The Two Cups is a tickle of attraction, a new attraction. The lovers is about making a choice.

So ... choosing between leaving the old for the new? Choosing to remain single or pursue a new love, even choosin g whether or not to have an extramarital affair?

carcinya

Oops, we cross-posted. :D

Thirteen said:
Afraid of making the wrong choice is more to the point. Of losing your chance at being complete and happy.

Okay, I give up, you're a genius. :D I feel like an idiot because your answers always make so much sense! I always wonder "How the hell didn't I see it before?" :heart:

Thirteen said:
Ace, Page and Knight are not necessarily "love" cards. But if we were to see them as "Love" the Page is the immature love. It's sometimes seen as narcissism, or self-love, or puppy love, a first crush. The Knight is often seen as the Grail Knight, and that's a spiritual love. Very romantic, passionate, moody. However it can also be purely spiritual, a love of god. Questing for perfect love if you like. These are very different from 2/Cups and Lovers in that they don't specifically indicate an object of love. Just the "lover" in love with love.

*nods* I think I understand. You could interpret the Page of Cups as having a crush on someone, though, couldn't you? I mean, not simply as a person who harbors those emotions, but as the emotions themselves.

Thanks for the all the great insights. :heart: