Sagittarius New Moon

Minderwiz

Tomorrow, 4th December the New Moon will occur in Sagittarius at 07:35 GMT.

At the time of the New Moon the Sun and Jupiter (ruler of Sagittarius) are in mutual reception (in the sign of the other's rulership) and, Jupiter also rules the Moon.

Jupiter is regarded as the 'greater benefic' the bringer of joy. However for the whole of the lunar month Jupiter will be retrograde. I would expect this to place more emphasis on the spirtual side of Jupiter rather than the gushing jovial side. Jupiter rules organised religions and the system of justice and I think these latter aspects of Jupiter are the ones that will be to the fore over the next two months. The month is flavoured with a need for faith, expanded feelings and emotions but perhaps not the need to do things in the OTT way of Jupiter direct.

During the lunar month the Sun will move into Capricorn marking the Winter Solstice and one of the great spiritual events of the natural calendar. Capricorn is the sign of Saturn, once King of the gods and the Astrological father figure. He impregnates the Earth (Capricorn is an Earth sign), with the seed that will eventually blossom in Spring. In many religious or spiritual traditions this seed is a child born in Winter that will one day become the King that presides over the newly fertile world.

Just before the Solstice, Saturn opposes the Sun from Gemini (18th December). The opposition of 'father' and 'self' which usually is taken to indicate self denial, the need for self control and the importance of authority. However Saturn is not strong in Gemini and is also retrograde. This is a 'clash' which the Sun will win and the opposition is broken by the Solstice and we can relax and enjoy our new found independence.

Venus and Mars will be moving through Scorpio in a slowly separating conjunction for the entire month. For any one born during this period, or anyone whose natal planets are transited by these pair the normally agressive Mars will be softened by his female companion.

PurpleGoddess

sounds good

hi minderwiz,
i always enjoy reading your interpretations of what the stars, planets hold for us. i am especially excited because i was already feeling the pull of being more spiritual in my every day life over the weekend.

just wondering would all this commotion have any affect on a possible meeting tomorrow or thursday during the new moon? i don't know his statistics but mine are 6/22/1963, 7:43 am or 7:34 am. i always forget and i was born in milford ct. would you consider this an horray? that you have on another thread?

peace and light to all. been busy and enjoying the change of season. i'm a cold weather child even though i was born the first day of summer! i'm so much more alive than during the summer.

PG

Minderwiz

PurpleGoddess,

Yes there could well be a positive effect on your meeting, and indeed your month. At the time of the Full Moon both Moon and Sun are less than a degree off trine to your Ascendant. You will project your creativity well at this time and any project that you begin around this time is likely to do well, especially if it begins on Wednesday - though Thursday is reasonably close enough.

You do have an opposition from the New Moon and Sun to Venus in your eleventh House of friendships and associations. However any hard aspect to Venus is also softened as she is the lesser benefic. Relationships will be important and you may end up in the meeting playing a concilatory role or being the mother figure for the meeting!

Again for you relationships are likely to be important for this month. The New Moon is also in your fifth House so anything to do with organised relaxation, romance and through the opposition to Venus in the eleventh, friendships and associations is likely to feature strongly.

The New Moon is also square to your Pluto/Mars conjunction in your second House. This may trigger of a rather active and intense development of your talents or possible a desire to improve your material situation. If the meeting relates in anyway to using your natural talents and abilities or to money and material gain then the meeting is likely to be affected. If it does also be aware that you could be more irritable than usual. The square to Pluto may result in a feeling that you are compelled to act but if you experience this and the Mars irritability try some emotional self analysis and work on Pluto's transforming side.

AquarianGoddess

Minderwiz, good job!

The only things I'll add....is Juno (the relationship asteroid and wife of Jupiter) is also in Scorpio and nestled in-between Mars and Venus! Wow, this is a very intense, hot time in the city! Even though Jupiter is retrograde, it's still trine Pluto and Pluto is conjunct the new Moon, along with the south node! There are MANY messages in this eclipse chart (you can view the chart here:
http://www.stariq.com/pagetemplate/t1.asp?pageid=3012

Isthmus, you're having a lunar return on an eclipse in your 10th. The 10th house is the most visable in the chart and of course it opposes the 4th house of home, family and emotions. Those two areas of life are definitely highlighted for the next six months. BTW, the eclipse next June will oppose your Moon AND the new Moon in March at 12 Pisces will square both of the eclipses. I don't know how your natal moon is aspected as to which other areas may be "aroused".

PG...good luck with your meeting.

Love to all,
AG

january

i'm confused!

I've printed my chart a while ago from www.astro.com and when I attempt to make sense of it I'm baffled!

For instance, to determine where this new moon and solar eclipse are in my chart do I look at my natal chart or the natal/transit chart? In my natal chart, Neptune is on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagg, between the 7th and 6th Houses.

I guess my question is more technical than subjective... I'm It like looking at a roadmap and not knowing east from west!

Minderwiz, I'm doing your "exercises" in your thread about reading charts... I feel this will be quite helpful.

isthmus nekoi

busy times!

Thanks for the help and heads up for June, AG!

My natal moon sextiles heavy weights Saturn-Jupiter conj in Libra so 8th house resources makes a lot of sense in terms of home and career (other's resources and making my own). There's a wide conj (9 degrees) to natal Venus in Sag/11th. Natal moon also trines my 'true node' (whatever that is!) by 0 degrees so I'm guessing there's some kind of eclipse vibe happening.

Hm. w/the effects of transiting Pluto conj natal moon (late 1999) tailing off and then having P shift into my 11th house approaching natal Venus, I get the feeling that I was able to get a quick breath of air the past few weeks and I'm getting ready to sink back down into the underworld again. My my, what would we do w/o old P? Life would be so boring and shallow....

As for June, I'll be taking on a whole new bunch of students for the summer (I teach piano) but am considering doing something else, another job or internship, or something that I find more stimulating. Not sure what an eclipse spells for that but we'll see when the time comes...

Minderwiz

January,

To see the effects of the New Moon on your chart you heed to get a chart with the planetary transits on it, as well as the natal planets - this is usually a double ring chart or biwheel chart.

However you need the transits for the moment of the eclipse, not the moment that you ask for them. So make sure its for December 4th at 07:35 a.m.

In fact as I have your birth chart I can create a biwheel for the eclipse. I'll investigate how I can get it to you.

AquarianGoddess

January, this new Moon eclipse is either in your 7th or 8th, but I'm leaning more toward the 7th (I don't have your chart with me at the moment, so I talking from memory.)

Isthmus, MARCH is the month to watch! That new Moon is VERY potent!

Anyone wanting to know their transits (although no chart wheel is given) can go to:

www.thenewage.com

click on Oracles, then Astrology

put in your birthdata

and choose: yesterday; today; or tomorrow

You can get a synopsis with or without astrological terminology.

AG

isthmus nekoi

March you say? Now, is that potent *good* or potent *bad*? :D I'm just kidding. But that's about the time to send out resumes for summer positions! At 12 Pisces, that squares my moon/10th (darn) but sextiles Cappy sun/merc conj in 12th. I take that to mean it'll be time to pound the pavement, sort out what I really want to do.

stariq.com also gives personalized transit reports - you can get them sent to your inbox. I don't find the actual text they give you very helpful since all transits are out of context to other natal planets, but it's like getting a reminder - so and so is coming!