New Froud Oracle!!!!

faunabay

lark said:
Aerin mine came exactly like yours... inner card tray ripped and cards kind of divided in two piles and both warped in the opposite directions..held together with a tan paper band.
I have shuffled them a bit and they are straightening out.
Yep, this is exactly the way mine were too. But shuffling for just a small amount of time and they straighten right out! Doesn't even take very much shuffling before you can't even tell they were warped.

lark

faunabay said:
Yep, this is exactly the way mine were too. But shuffling for just a small amount of time and they straighten right out! Doesn't even take very much shuffling before you can't even tell they were warped.
They wouldn't be faeries if they didn't cause a little trouble, hey fauna :)
It is a little disappointing, you want everything to be just perfect when you get a new deck...I was anxious they wouldn't straighten out, but after working with them this afternoon you can't even tell.

Aerin

lark said:
It is a little disappointing, you want everything to be just perfect when you get a new deck...I was anxious they wouldn't straighten out, but after working with them this afternoon you can't even tell.

Exactly.

If it had been just one or even two things.... but like I said the outer box was ripped as well. So I went:

Oh, looks like the box has already been opened, and it is ripped.
Oh, look, inner tray ripped.
Oh, look cards warped.

It was all three that sent me over the edge...

lark

Aerin said:
Exactly.

If it had been just one or even two things.... but like I said the outer box was ripped as well. So I went:

Oh, looks like the box has already been opened, and it is ripped.
Oh, look, inner tray ripped.
Oh, look cards warped.

It was all three that sent me over the edge...
Oh (((Aerin)))
I hope your new box is much better.
I hope this first printing isn't going to be a dud.
Let us know for sure...I got mine from Amazon too..actually I felt they had been handled really roughly.
Other wise how would that inner tray get ripped??
Poor Faeries.

Aerin

Well, in true amazon fashion they are sending out another immediately so I shall know soon.

It did seem strange. Maybe they have ogres or trolls doing the assembly...

lark

Aerin said:
Well, in true amazon fashion they are sending out another immediately so I shall know soon.

It did seem strange. Maybe they have ogres or trolls doing the assembly...
LOL!!
They're probably mad that they don't have their own deck.
Stomping their big stinky Troll feet...where is the BAD faeire DECK!!!
The Ogers giving the Heart of Faerie boxes a good kick when Amazon isn't looking. :D

victoria.star

Mine came without any cellophane and I thought, "Oh, this has been opened already and looked through."
I think the Heart of Faerie has some naughtiness in it!
All good, though and to be expected.

faunabay

You know I don't think they come with shrinkwrap. Now that I think about it when i was in Borders yesterday I saw they had some in their case and the ones they had there weren't shrinkwrapped either.

I hadn't really thought about this. But it is very strange that none of them are shrinkwrapped! hmmmm.... Maybe the faeries just demanded they wanted to beable to breath!!! :D

DragonFae

So odd...mine came from amazon and were perfect...no warping ....no tears

Altena

For some reason I have never connected with the Faeries Oracle, but I was still compelled to buy Heart of the Faerie. It hasn't arrived yet(don't think it has shipped even, as I ordered it from Amazon UK) so I decided I'd try to get to know the other Faeries.

I just took them out of the box(for the first time in years, I'll admit) and now they're chatting away like there's no tomorrow. I told them about their new sister(HotF) and although some were a bit skeptical, most seemed very happy and excited :D I think they'll get along fine, but I'll leave them with some room to get to know each other just in case.

Needless to say I'm about as excited as they are :D