"Subscription"for Scion's Liber T Guide

alesia

Your guide sounds fascinating. Please sign me up! (PM sent!)

Mojo Twin 2

I sent you a PM - thank you.

alesia

10 of Cups

Okay, so I've gotten the deck and looked through it and - not sure how to say this - the 10 of Cups, the bestiality that gets lots of people upset with the deck, I look at it and think "Apuleius, the Golden Ass", near the end. And since the whole novel is about his initiation into the mysteries of Isis (and into not being such an ass - literally) I've got to wonder... hmm...

Must reread.

Scion

Alesia, you're spot-on with the Golden Ass reference. There's a thread discussing this card and Apuleius in the Thoth Forum, I think.

HUGE batch of PDFs just went out. Sorry for the delay,. I've been out of town and juggling a bit too much with my writing/directing schedule.

A reminder: please don't distribute this document with anyone; just refer requests to me directly. I've already had a few issues with people "borrowing" things I've written about this, and I AM working on a more general book on the Decans for which I'd like to be able to use my own work. Plagiarism sucks and I was raised by lawyers. })

With that in mind, for people who are asking me to send them this guide who are not regular members on AT (i.e. nonsubscribers with fewer than 50 posts) please understand that I'm a little cautious now about just hurling this research out into the cosmos to people who might little interest in respecting my investment of time and energy. For some reason I suddenly have STACKS of "urgent" requests from nonsubscribers who have 1 or 2 posts and no presence on the boards. That's not a criticism, but I think I'm a little paranoid. And no Danaimina, that's not you. :)

Apparently my goofy pdf has been referenced on some other boards/blogs/feeds, which is flattering, but I'm nervous about the fact that this really is an informal collection of rough notes accumulated over several years and I'm trying to get my book on the Decans finished properly. No offense intended to anyone, but if you're that intrigued, come participate on AT in some of the Liber T discussions and then ask me again.

Thanks as always for the interest and the careful corrections!

alesia

I couldn't find the thread you mention, Scion, but perhaps my Google-fu is weak; I'll search some more.

What I'm really loving about the Liber T is the synthesis of both modern and incredibly old symbolism. The art is all very modern, the majors and courts straight Book of Thoth, but the imagery on the minors hits all of my classical Greco-Roman literature buttons, like there's something there, I know there's something there, and now I just have to find it. Does that make sense?

Well, like with the 10 of Cups; to me it's not upsetting because I have read The Golden Ass (albeit a long time ago, early teens perhaps). And then there's all the people with animal heads. These ideas are just different, very different, from modern cultural mores and memes; it looks like about two or three thousand years worth of different. But they mean something; and your PDF is incredibly helpful as both an index of older works to seek out for more information as well as imparting some idea of how the pieces fit together and what the symbolism on each card means. Thank you!

I am reading some Frawley in between class materials, but, er, it's going to be a rough semester so I'm not sure how far I'll get. ^.^ Shuffling and reading the cards may be the sum of my tarot studies for the next few months.

xaerius

Sent a PM. Thanks for this resource, Scion!