Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks





 
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniReadsTarot View Post
Same! It would be interesting to make the magick part of the study group but I know not everyone is on that path
This deck was made for magick (particularly Wicca) and it's inherent in the imagery - so it can't really be left out.
Top   #101
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

I got this deck recently and am loving it - it's the first deck that's broken my exclusive use of the Animal Totem Tarot. I'm really enjoying it, the details can be both enlightening but also confusing. What are all those frogs and snakes doing building a fire on the Strength card for example?

I saw a great YouTube review before I purchased and the reviewer mentioned that they were disappointed with the book. I agree that although it gives the usual meanings there's no in-depth information on these particular cards. Melanie Marquis commented to say there was more information on her website but this seems to be down.

I should head to the study group! :biggrin:
Top   #102
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

I also quite like this deck but it is odd to have such an insubstantial book, pages of bonding stuff and basically RWS meanings and lots of white space, then later to have useful stuff on a website. Couldn't they have just published the book a bit later with more substantial stuff if the information on the website is more helpful?

The important thing for me is the cards and I love the artwork so that's fine...
Top   #103
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
I also quite like this deck but it is odd to have such an insubstantial book, pages of bonding stuff and basically RWS meanings and lots of white space, then later to have useful stuff on a website. Couldn't they have just published the book a bit later with more substantial stuff if the information on the website is more helpful?

The important thing for me is the cards and I love the artwork so that's fine...
But I really want to know why the frogs and snakes are making a fire. BBQ? Sacrifice? Just cold? So yes, I really wish the book could have been given more time. Is there a specific website to come?
Top   #104
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essjay View Post
But I really want to know why the frogs and snakes are making a fire. BBQ? Sacrifice? Just cold? So yes, I really wish the book could have been given more time. Is there a specific website to come?
Having read this - I've just done the Strength card in the study group section.
Top   #105
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Having read this - I've just done the Strength card in the study group section.
I'll head over
Top   #106
chorphee  chorphee is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 May 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 103
chorphee 
Unhappy


I would love to get this deck...but the new cardstock from Llewellyn is the worst ever... I received the raven tarot and the Llewellyn tarot in the new cardstock... I could trow them it is so disgusting. It does not feel like a tarot deck, only bad quality cardboard. I am so disappointed I cannot buy any more Llewellyn decks for that reason.
Top   #107
earthshine  earthshine is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Jul 2016
Location: freshman@Hogwarts
Posts: 261
earthshine 

Has anyone used this deck for actual spellcasting? Is it really any more effective for spells than other decks? Thanks.
Top   #108
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorphee View Post
I would love to get this deck...but the new cardstock from Llewellyn is the worst ever... I received the raven tarot and the Llewellyn tarot in the new cardstock... I could trow them it is so disgusting. It does not feel like a tarot deck, only bad quality cardboard. I am so disappointed I cannot buy any more Llewellyn decks for that reason.
We should send them an email. They should just increase their price and use decent cardstock. Last deck I bought from them was Llewellyn Classic and I traded it because of the paper thin cardstock. It's a shame when a deck you really like comes from them. Maybe they should have LoScar do their printing?
Top   #109
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshine View Post
Has anyone used this deck for actual spellcasting? Is it really any more effective for spells than other decks? Thanks.
Ofcourse it's not "better than any other deck".
The most effective deck for the spell caster - is what the spell caster most likes to use
(says a spell caster).
The variety of tools exist - happily - for each individual to find their own best "fit" - particularly in the arena of magick imo.

For me - because I am Wiccan and this deck is so obviously "made by a Wiccan" - I loved it on sight.
I've no doubt it will become a "go to" deck for my spell casting. (I have several spell casting decks. They "fit" differently for different things/moods).

Presently - I'm still working my way through getting familiar with it - which will take me quite some time...
Top   #110

 




 


More in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.