Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Citrin

Thank you Ididdy! :D I decided to go for it. It looks like a nice unique addition to my collection, really liking the minimalism and lots of white...

MaeWasteland

Pagan Tarot/Book of Shadows: So Below

Could definitely do with some de-enabling on either/both of these. I'm not Wiccan, so they're not super relevant to me in that sense (though I am somewhat pagan/witchy), but I really like the modern setting of both, the "following one main character" of the Pagan and the relative diversity of the BoS:SB deck.

Gulliver

I couldn't find such a thread for lenormand decks, so I ask here (I hope it is ok). Looking for enabling or de-enabling for the Silson Lenormand. :)

Alta

Feel free to start one in the Lenormand section, they can be started by members. In fact I am sure that this one and the originally separate Enabling and De-enabling threads were started by members. Moderators just start new versions when they hit 1,000 posts.

Gulliver

Thank you, Alta! I just opened a thread in the lenormand forum.

seedcake

I'd like to ask about Vision Quest Tarot. This is a bit weird 'cause it's a bit like with Thoth - the artwork has no appeal (now), even the theme (I'm very cautious when it's about other traditions and cultures). But I feel really attracted. Few months ago I'd make a totally compulsive purchase. Now I want to think about it - I'm into decks which give me the feeling that I'd love to read with them for myself and clients. I know about Vision Quest for a long time, I got the impression it's a popular deck.

So guys, I'm open to all opinions.

claire1805

Can anyone share about the pros and/or cons about the Linestrider Tarot? How does it read? I am interested in it but am a little cautious with the fact that the cards are rather minimalistic. Have also heard about the change in Llewellyn cardstock.

feynrir

Three!!

Been oscillating between three different decks lately:

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

Gimme your pick and then maybe slam on the others a bit? :D I'm aware of the Llewellyn cardstock issue; I'm not particularly deterred on that point. It can't be worse than the Wildwood.

P.S. - Thanks for asking about the Linestrider yourself, claire (above me)!

Scarlet Woodland

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

Gimme your pick and then maybe slam on the others a bit? :D I'm aware of the Llewellyn cardstock issue; I'm not particularly deterred on that point. It can't be worse than the Wildwood.

This will probably be spectacularly unhelpful :D

I don't own the linestrider so can't offer much on that front except to say, consider how you feel about a lot of whitespace. That'll probably be the decider.

As for the Mucha and Green Witch it's gonna be tricky. Your collection is actually very similar to mine so we obviously share similar taste and I own and love both. How do you feel about the Druidcraft and Wildwood (cardstock aside... dear lord, the cardstock.)? If you really like them I'd go with the Green Witch as it feels like the Druidcraft's slightly younger sister. It feels very much like 'home' to me. The book is excellent and has info on all the symbolism used, from the herbs and flowers to the animals.

As for the Mucha, I hesitated for ages before buying as I tend to prefer more saturated colours but it really is beautiful. Very close to the RW and an absolute workhorse. A very clear reader and will read just as well on any topic right out of the box.

Good luck deciding!

Madrigal

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

They're all quite different. As SW mentioned above the amount of whitespace in the Linestrider will either be a plus or a minus depending on your tastes. There's a lot of it but the images are quite lush so it's not exactly minimalist, just very uncluttered.

The Green Witch has a younger feel to it. It's pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum from the LS. Full color, lots of it and lots going on in each card.

Tarot Mucha is lovely, lyrical and solidly in the RWS camp. Easy to read with, easy on the eye. It has one of my favorite Three of Swords ever.