Golden Tarot of Tsar - Lo Scarabeo

Le Fanu

I have this and love it but to be honest - try as I might - I don't really read with it. I love everything about it but for some odd reason it has never been a regular reading deck, even though I cannot think of a single thing which I don't love about it.

Maybe the single, iconic court cards make them even more difficult than most courts to distinguish? There are cards I love it this deck; is it Strength which has George & the Dragon? And the archer on the 8 of Wands? It really is stunning and every year at about this time of year I get it out ready for Christmas.

I think I do a couple of spreads with it every year and always with Christmas approaching! It is absolutely stunning.

willoe

This is one on my wishlist, simply because I was raised Russian Orthodox, and no matter what I think theologically, I have always loved the icons of the church. They're very much "home" for me.

(To be honest, I don't think they'd be a solid "work deck" for me either, Le Fanu, but there are some times when I wish I had this deck for certain sitters. My mother, in particular.)

Freddie

This deck has really grown on me with time. Does anyone here use it? I think it reads well, but as a member of the Anglican church for many years I found it hard to deal with the Christian element of it.

Freddie

Le Fanu

I still love this deck, it is one of my (many) favourites. I think it reads fantastically. I read it like a Marseilles; three-card draws create a kind of frieze.

I never had a Christan/Anglican/relgious upbringing (which I'm actually quite glad about) so I respond to these images for their artwork. I know my saints and biblical depictions from sacred art depictions so I can identify a Saint George or Flight to Egypt and this deck works well for me. Plus the glorious gold helps.

Essjay

I recently got a copy of this after wanting one for ages (thanks Gregory) - it's a beautiful deck. It's not by any means my main reading deck yet but it's with the ones that I use regularly and that's saying something! Not bad for a deck I've only had a matter of weeks.

Freddie

I still love this deck, it is one of my (many) favourites. I think it reads fantastically. I read it like a Marseilles; three-card draws create a kind of frieze.

I never had a Christan/Anglican/relgious upbringing (which I'm actually quite glad about) so I respond to these images for their artwork. I know my saints and biblical depictions from sacred art depictions so I can identify a Saint George or Flight to Egypt and this deck works well for me. Plus the glorious gold helps.

I agree with you Le Fanu and some of the reviews online have reflected your thoughts as well. I have Wicca decks, but I am not a Wiccan. As a practictioner of Christian Mysticism (not your standard narrow-minded theology... I can't stand that kind of thing) I find this deck to be an invaluable tool as it is not airy-fairy or sugar sweet.

'Tsar' and 'Tarot of the Angels' have really fulfilled a niche in what I needed from Tarot, but I have a feeling that the fluffy and airy-fairy beloved Tarot decks and Angel Oracle Cards may cause these two to fade into oblivion.

This deck works well with the 'Golden Visconti Trumps' by Lo Scarabeo being used for additional guidance.

Freddie

Parzival

Golden Tarot of the Czar

This is a beautiful deck for its Christian mysticism in iconic images of the Orthodox kind. I don't connect to narrow-minded religion, so I see this deck for its universal beauty-truth, like the Rumi Tarot and the Buddha Tarot and the most recent Sacred India Tarot. Tarot has become and is a great tool for multi-cultural, multi-spiritual vision and meditation. Not so sure of the title of this deck, with "czar" in there. Maybe "Golden Iconic Tarot" is more true to the direction of the deck. Many of the cards are magnificent and evoke awe in their mysteries.

Le Fanu

I think Golden Byzantine Tarot would have been a better title but I quite like the thought that this is the deck the Romanovs would have used to foresee the Revolution!

Rhinemaiden

I think Golden Byzantine Tarot would have been a better title but I quite like the thought that this is the deck the Romanovs would have used to foresee the Revolution!

I love the sentiment, having read extensively about the Romanovs and the period in general, and being mad about Faberge (;)) but I'm not sure the Romanovs were blessed with the insight to recognize the impending revolution until it was far too late... did Rasputin use cards?