Tyldwick Tarot

DaisyDragonfly

I need to spend time with it. What an odd effect it has on me. As if it needs silence, for the dust to settle. Like holding a vigil in a haunted house, having to establish silence before you can hear the creaks and murmurs and groans.

It does need to be looked at it in silence, because it's really quite a noisy deck. Each card brings a distinct auditory experience. Some cards bring music, others birdsong. Another card brings you trickling water. In some cards there's just a clock, ticking - such a somnolent sound! - and in others there's laughter. Footsteps, too, and sometimes the footsteps are walking away from you but other times towards and you have to listen carefully to decide which it is. Heck, what am I saying? It's a multisensory deck: there are sudden tastes and scents, sudden sensations. It's almost sentient, so alive it is with sensory experience. It's a story that's been told, but only the wind remembers the words and you have to listen to hear their echo on each gust.

It wants you to walk amongst those rooms and discover yourself, though. It's not frightening at all. Unsettling, maybe, but never frightening.

I'm using this deck as my deck of the month. Here's a surprise: it's a blunt deck. It's told me in one or two words what I feel all my (decent) collection of decks have been trying to tell me for years.

Also: this deck has my favorite Tower and 2 of Swords cards of all time.

BodhiSeed

Thoughtful

l am really itching to get this deck, but as is usual its not affordable for me yet. So am hoping that it will be around for a while yet.

Thanks Juliana for the FB link, very interesting. Love how Neil answered the lack of LWB, find that very refreshing, at the end of the day he is so right in saying how he leaves it up to us to look at the deck and find our own interpretations. It makes a deck so personal and it helps greatly in kick starting your own intuition.

After what Le Fanu and DaisyDragonfly have said l want it more and more, because that's how l like to look into decks, and this deck promises to reveal so many secrets, feelings and timeless spirits. What a beautiful Tarot, come on lottery give me a windfall:p

Calcifer

Ok, I must be blind....
I just searched my invoice and all of the emails I have pertaining to this deck - but if there's a place to get it "registered" I cannot find it anywhere. The only thing on my invoice is the financial details (and no web addresses).
Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks !!
Michael

3 of Cups

You can get a certificate from his Facebook page. Apparently, early purchasers did not have information in their invoice about this. I tried contacting him and got the certificate. Here is where you need to go: https://www.facebook.com/tyldwicktarot

Hope this helps!

DaisyDragonfly

I pm'ed Neil here at Aeclectic and he emailed the certificate to me in return :)

Aerin

You can get a certificate from his Facebook page. Apparently, early purchasers did not have information in their invoice about this. I tried contacting him and got the certificate. Here is where you need to go: https://www.facebook.com/tyldwicktarot

Hope this helps!

Ah, so maybe I'm not so stupid. I still haven't dug my invoice out to look.

Calcifer

Thanks everyone. I've emailed Neil - and I'm sure I'll be hearing back before too long :)

Michael

Juliana

Mine arrived today! Hooray! It is very captivating. It begs me to explore, and I can't help but ponder the lives and the stories that those walls would have seen. Although some may see it as an abstract deck, I see it as more of a practical, real world, tangible expression of the tarot; a reminder that representations of the tarot and its archetypes are all around us. Even lurking in the corners of our homes. The gilding is gorgeous as well. So smooth! As for numbers, I did not choose a number but I received number 264, which I quite love for some reason. I was hesitant to buy this deck at first, but for some reason I was drawn to it. And I'm so glad I broke down and bought it. It fits me. It is mysterious and even eerie sometimes in its loud silence, all without being macabre. Well done, I say.