Tabula Mundi Tarot 78 card edition

gregory

The envelope contains the majors set for those who ordered the 78 cards and the b/w majors. Inside it is a PLAIN black envelope with the EXTRA card, too.

rwcarter

The envelope contains the majors set for those who ordered the 78 cards and the b/w majors. Inside it is a PLAIN black envelope with the EXTRA card, too.
Also for those who ordered the 78 cards and the Color Majors. :)

JayBee

I was starting to get a bit concerned that my deck hadn't arrived yet. But it finally arrived yesterday after sitting with Canada Customs for some unknown period of time, for which they decided to charge me some duty for the privilege. Oh well, it happens a couple of times a year, and for this deck especially it doesn't matter. I soooo love your line work, Babalon.

And now, I shall wait for the Canadian dollar to rise in value against the U.S. dollar so I can buy the book; could be awhile, from the looks of things. :)

Deoiridh

I am so glad that they seem to be arriving in all the various destinations around the world. Thanks to everyone who let me know you received it, and your comments about it.

Someone has asked about the design on the very edges of the cards, the faint ghost dusting on the corners so I would like to clear it up so no one wonders if it is just an anomaly of their pack.

Yes, it is on every deck.
Yes, it is on every card, except for the Ace of Wands.

Which is actually kind of fitting, if you consider the Ace of Wands as the "smooth point" and the most Kether-like card.

I wish I could take credit for it, as that would be genius, but it was the ghost in the machine. When I see it, It reminds me of the premise that the card backs were designed around, that "Kether is in Malkuth, and Malkuth in Kether, but after another fashion".

Just one of those cosmic jokes. I couldn't repeat it if I tried, so enjoy it as a mysterious feature of the Nox et Lux, as it won't be on the color edition.
Now that I have cleared that up, I hope you can go back to pondering what is inside the borders!

When I noticed it, it was my assumption that it was the backs bleeding onto the fronts of the cards behind. Which makes sense why the Ace of Wands doesn't have it, because there isn't a card back in front of it (iirc). Doesn't matter, I thought it was a cool effect anyway. I am loving this deck! We are in a frenzy over it in the Facebook groups!

Dark Victory '39

Am loving this deck; i was expecting it in usage to feel austere-- perhaps due to it's occult depth (and the black and white) but it's reading style feels much more like a trusted friend. I think it's brilliant to have those visual cues on the minors that tie each back to the majors and decan rulers; it's so much more effective than just relying on glyphs and has really opened up the depth of my readings w/ a thothy deck. Would highly recommend the book for anyone who's on the fence. I'm about half way through the minors section and it's a total joy to read. I probably do feel more bonded to this deck because i've been using the colored large majors since last winter (w/ large thoth deck minors-- basically shuffling the large thoth deck and then if any majors came up in the spread plugging in the gorgeous tabula mundi instead) in anticipation. I've never been a huge thoth fan, but over the summer i reread the snuffin and duquette books, and then the Sorer Meral/Seckler one came my way via an estate sale. Wd say Book M, holds its own and more. Can't emphasize how helpful it is. The only thing i wish is that the card stock was slightly softer; but i think i say that because i'm in love w/ the stock that was used in the Majors only and was hoping the same might be used here. No worries though; it's a gorgeous set all the way around.