New Minoan Tarot deck by Laura Perry

LauraPerry

More card images added

Thanks, everyone, for your support and also your questions and concerns. I do actually find it quite helpful when people let me know what's missing, so I can correct those omissions.

I've added many more images of the Minor Arcana, as well as a few more of the Major Arcana, to both the Kickstarter and the website. If there are specific cards you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll add them as well.

gregory: Thanks very much for backing this project. I appreciate it.

birdiefu: I like your interpretation. One of the fun things about art, whether it's ancient or modern, is that it touches something deep in the psyche and the soul. I believe each person's interpretation is valid. We all see with different eyes.

littlethings

Just backed. It looks amazing! :)

Tarotwolf

Hi Laura, I just backed the project and hope the funding goes through! Thanks for explaining the back-story on the title; when I first saw the deck on kickstarter I thought the original Minoan deck was being reissued which seemed very odd (I actually have a copy of that deck and I still didn't initially realize it was a different tarot deck - henceforth my earlier post). It's funny what you wrote about purposely leaving the picture of the throne ambiguous, I thought it represented a stylized type of lingam stone/phallus.

rwcarter

rwcarter: I didn't realize the photos would be so hard to access on Facebook. That's where I have been posting my work as I complete it over the past year or so. I apologize for that. I'll upload some of the Minors to the Kickstarter and the website today. In the meantime, you can see the Aces in the video. Thanks for your input.
Thanks for making those changes Laura. I went ahead and backed the project.

Rodney

LauraPerry

Thank you!

Thank you all so much for supporting this deck - I really appreciate it.

Tarotwolf: Wow, the lingam stone imagery hadn't occurred to me before, but now that you mention it, there it is. Multi-layered symbolism!

FYI this deck comes with a full-length book (not a little booklet) that details which piece of artwork or architecture inspired each card and what that means in relation to the interpretation of the card. If you have access to Facebook, many of the meanings and artwork details are included in the descriptions in the photo albums, but the book is much more complete than the Facebook albums.

Thank you again for your support.

Electric Maenad

Squee! (wallet whimpers)

Just backed this! I love the concept for the court cards and the fact that the cards will be nice and big to show off the artwork.

LauraPerry

The Minoan Tarot will be published!

It was a big disappointment that the Kickstarter for this deck flopped, but I'm pleased and proud to announce that Schiffer will be publishing my deck. It's currently scheduled for release in early 2017, but there is a slim chance it will make it onto the 2016 slate. I'll post updates on the website (http://www.minoantarot.com/) and the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MinoanTarot) as the process moves along and I have more information.

Thanks very much to everyone who inquired about the deck and especially those who were willing to back it through the Kickstarter.

littlethings

So happy to hear this. Congratulations, Laura! :)

rwcarter

WOO HOO!!!!! Congrats Laura!