New Witchy Tarots

Shade

I am very much a proponent of increased numbers of witchy decks.

The three share a few traits but I believe each stands on its own. The Melanie Marquis deck is more high fantasy with powerful gods and people riding wild beasts. The green witch deck is rooted in Moura's popular teachings and it will be nice to have a deck that ties into that book series. The other is a bit more mysterious at the moment but of the three this is the most "pointy hat" witch deck and there are far fewer of those out there than you would imagine.

They do share a worldview but it's that worldview that acts as a jumping off point for the reader so that they have a foundation for exploring the particular mysteries of each deck.

Telspepper

I like all three decks. At the moment, unless something comes up that is a real turn off, I plan on purchasing all three.
I've read a lot of each blog about the process of creation and what some card meanings are.
They are all different but do have similarities. I've noticed that things come out in groups. For instance two movies with similar topics like asteroids or war, or friends with benefits. Then book topics flows, like vampires and were folk, then witches became more popular and there was a whole slew of books. I worked at Barnes and Noble for some time and really noticed it. So three decks with the similarities Ive seen made me wonder what people thought about them in general or as a group.

Shade I agree we need more witchy decks. I like the diffences you pointed out.

Excited for all three. So far.

meeka4monty

I'm really excited too!

For me, each of the three that are coming out appear to be similar but conceptually quite different and that's what I'm looking forward to.

It will be nice to build a sub-collection of witchy decks. I've begun with Book of Shadows: As Above, I want So Below, and I can imagine collecting all three over time. However, ironically an endless array of mass produced witchy decks would tarnish their appeal for me. These three seem conceptually and artistically strong. Really, it's the art that I'm interested in and the accompanying books are an added bonus.

InkyAlchemy

I've seen more of Deborah Blake's deck and I like it. I think I'll be adding it to my wishlist.

Morwenna

These look good. So far I like them better than most other "witchy" decks out there. We'll see.