Golden tarot vs Touchstone tarot

Padma

Well spotted, hahaha! :laugh:

That's a peculiar typo, though. What does it mean? A thread that feels like a threat? A treat of a thread? A threat of a tread? Where angles fear to threat? Trick or thread? :bugeyed:

:laugh: or maybe the two decks together are a tantalizing threat ;) after all, I did find they kind of challenged my reading skills to grow! Specially the Touchstone. :)

FLizarraga

:laugh: or maybe the two decks together are a tantalizing threat ;) after all, I did find they kind of challenged my reading skills to grow! Specially the Touchstone. :)

The Touchstone is a much less explicit, more subtle deck. And I think you are right on the money about it being a deck for "exploring people's motives and the psychology of the people and situations you are in." All those historical characters and mythological figures in close-up.

And yet another typo has inspired a new deck I want to create: The Spangel Tarot! ("Spangels": angels in spandex.)

3ill.yazi

I only have the Golden, and like it. I was never as drawn to the Touchstone, because of it being more replete with portraits. But still gorgeous.

cfish

Gosh, it's more difficult to decide now!! lol
So many great information and depiction about both decks.... I may firs buy Touchstone since I I am very much interested in a psychological aspect of Tarot. Perhaps later I'll buy Golden Tarot , so that I can go back and forth from seeing the entire view to details by using both decks.

FLizarraga

Gosh, it's more difficult to decide now!! lol
So many great information and depiction about both decks.... I may firs buy Touchstone since I I am very much interested in a psychological aspect of Tarot. Perhaps later I'll buy Golden Tarot , so that I can go back and forth from seeing the entire view to details by using both decks.

Well, the Touchstone is out of print, and the Golden is not, so it makes sense to buy it sooner anyway. Once Tarot Garden runs out of stock, that's it, bye-bye, baby.

Styx

I own (and like) both decks and I pretty much agree with everything that's been said (especially the historico-geographical summing up of two decks, though I would have said Siena rather than Florence for the Golden, with Duccio's incredible blues).

I must say I have a slight preference for the Golden Tarot. I respond very well to cold colours and there are more of them in the Golden. I completely agree with what has been said about the close-ups in the Touchstone. It makes you focus on facial expressions and feels very "political" (not as in right-wing / left-wings, but as in office politics, relationships, alliances and tensions between people). The Golden lets me disconnect from the mundane and free my imagination.

If you're sensitive to this kind of thing, I must add that I found the Touchstone much more awkward to shuffle, because of the shape and cardstock. It has not kept me from using it a lot, though.