Doreen Virtue Decks changes and such

lantana

And Italian is close... tuh ROW key

I didn't know there was any other way to pronounce it besides tuh ROW.

I think (hope??) we're talking about which syllable you emphasize. That or I've been pronouncing it completely wrong this whole time. (I do TA-ro, emphasis on the first syllable)

Carojulie

Well, I am french, so the accent falls on the last syllable most of the time..... but still, when I speak in english (and I do have a pretty strong french accent), I have never pronounced it the way it is pronouced in the video. Even on my untrained foreign ears, the way they said it on the video sounded stranged. But, I am open to anything, accent wise, and I suppose all manners of saying the word are acceptable as long as they are understandable by most ! And even I, with my untrained french ears, did understand what they were talking about ! (eventhough their way of saying it was sort of novelty to me !)

MizGrace

I started looking at Doreen Virtue decks now I have lost count how many there are does anyone have a full count of how many there are plus collaborations please?
how do people feel about so many decks being out there by the same person? I am liking the variety myself and think there is a place for everything. I bought the Angel Tarot and I am yet to use it.

MizGrace

Carojulie

Is it worth it having one, is she bringing some new view ? It sounded from the Guardian Angel tarot video that her take on tarot was, shall we say, different.... quite unique actually.
Which one of her deck (tarot, not oracle) would be the best to get if you had only one ? Worth it or not ?
Thanks !

gregory

Is it worth it having one, is she bringing some new view ? It sounded from the Guardian Angel tarot video that her take on tarot was, shall we say, different.... quite unique actually.
Which one of her deck (tarot, not oracle) would be the best to get if you had only one ? Worth it or not ?
Thanks !
I know several people who have found her oracles very helpful. I don't do oracles, so have no direct experience of them. But her tarot decks are not in my view tarot at all; she has taken out everything negative. She actually prides herself (or did) on the fact that her decks deliver only positive messages. That is not tarot, for me.

I would say - if you want to get just one, pick at random.... but if you have any kind of eyesight problem, run with the Guardian Angels. All the others are frighteningly bright - almost painful to look at. The images on this site don't do them justice - they really are almost psychedelically bright. Then again, the Guardian Angels have FAR too many words on each card...

But honestly - if you want one of her decks, get an oracle. And there I shall have to pass you over to others who have used them for advice.

Aeric

I look forward to her Saints and Prophets decks, 100% safe. Really, from a marketing standpoint this opens up an entirely new opportunity for her.

G6

Shouldn't this thread be in the oracle section?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Shouldn't this thread be in the oracle section?

Discussion of Doreen Virtue's tarot decks should occur in the Tarot Decks forum while discussion of her oracles should happen in the Oracles forum.

AnemoneRosie

I look forward to her Saints and Prophets decks, 100% safe. Really, from a marketing standpoint this opens up an entirely new opportunity for her.

I have her Saints and Angels - one of her very first decks. It almost sounds like she's doing a full circle!
I'm still confused about how Angels aren't christian, but anyway.