Merging Lenormand/tarot

Sylvie Steinbach

The Lenormand oracle is a fantastic tool as a stand alone in a reading but it can also complement the tarot bringing the experience to a complete new level.

Traditional complaints regarding Tarot have been that the deck can be vague or/and spiritual BUT missing the down to Earth approach. The Lenormand Oracle can compensate within the reading process.

Let's look at a case study together:

Lydia a client, wants to get an overview reading of what is to come for the next few weeks. Now any reader has his/her own way of doing this BUT here is a way to approach the query using a Tarot and merging the Lenormand together...

In my book "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" I mention that concentration is the key to the information you want to know. Since she is only interested in the next few weeks you MUST put limit onto your system in order to not 'see' events that would occur 3 years from now!!!

So here is the sample reading with no real question asked as we are dealing with Lydia...
I advise you set your cards in 'real' while you study this.

7 Swords + 4 Coins + 4 cups + 8 words + Ace wand
22 crossroad + 3 ship + 28 man + 31 sun + 32 moon

Now I let the client choose 5 cards from a Tarot and 5 from a Lenormand (36 cards). Fan position, face down, the client randomly will put 10 cards total from the 2 decks. We flip them over afterward...

I place the cards on the table like above. I prefer Tarots that are not too describtive on the artwork because a design with a specific story can lock you into one feeling or idea. But any Tarot can do. Since the Lenormand is quite specific in its artwork, it will compensate. I like the Crowley Tarot. If you know how it looks like then you will probably understand my preference...

I could tell you what I think of the spread but I would prefer you partipate and give your two cents in it. BUT please be aware that I do not follow the traditional interpretation of the Lenormand and since I wrote my own book on the oracle I follow that system..

The point here is to articulate the natural complementary aspect of Tarot and Lenormand and see how this applies...

indianstorm

Sylvie....

hello and yey!!!!!!!! I had the same thought on how to merge the two-- and you have yet again done it!!!!

thank you...

Stormy

LisaW

Lydia~

7 Swords + 4 Coins + 4 Cups + 8 Wands + Ace Wands
22 crossroad + 3 ship + 28 man + 31 sun + 32 moon

I'll take a stab at it, Sylvie. Firstly, I'm going to guess that you would kind of use the same general method of looking at the tarot, the way you do at the Lenormand.. ie, that the 4 cups was the focus in that line, and the 2 before represent the past, and the 2 after it represent the near future??

So, I might say that she is presently considering rather than taking action on something, and is not ready to be open toward new opportunities..she is in retreat at the moment.
In the near past, or just leaving,the 7swords talks about actions that can sabotage, betrayal,sneaky deceit...(not a nice card) and the 4 coins in it's nicest form, can mean financial security, but can also mean someone who wants to be in control of everything- "My Way"
Possibly since the CUPs is the focus, this is referring to a past relationship that was controlling and manipulative.. and Lydia is now, closed off emotionally, wondering what's next?

The 8 wands shows that in the near future she will have the freedom to move forward..all systems go.. and the possiblility of travel by air for a new enterprise (ace wands) but I think mainly, it's saying that she will be free to follow new ideas and goals.

The Lenormand side is showing a man as the focus. He looks to be from somewhere else, possibly foreign, and is successful, very attractive and open personality. He seems to travel alot (crossroad +ship); with the Crossroad there, it seems to be saying that she has other options for relationships. With the Moon there, there will be an emotional connection to this man in the near future, and they have te potential to be greatly compatible (Sun+Moon).

So I would say to her, don't stay in seclusion/retreat for too long emotionally, or else you might miss a wonderful opportunity that the Universe is going to bring your way, to meet a more suitable man!

Anything in there resonate?
That's kind of cool-

LisaW (SpiritSong)

indianstorm

lenormand/tarot merge

this is a toughie- I will make an attempt so you can correct me,

Tarot:
7 o S- vacillation and comprise
4 o p- power of negotiation and fair jugdgement
4 o C- luxury that has lost its purity
8 o S- interferences and lack of intelectual pursuits
A o W-birth/ beginning of a yet undefined entity

Lenormand:
22 Crossroad- options and decisions- looking for a get out clause- diplomacy-perhaps having to double talk to maintain peace

3 Ship- movement or travel overseas- transition phase- Crossroad + ship-multiple travels/ road trips

28 Man- a man- ship+man- dark skinned, nomadic foreign man, Man+ sun- charismatic, virile- blond/ blue eyed- also maybe egocentric and over protective

31-Sun-successand happiness- Sun + Moon-perfect couple/attraction

32 Moon- emotion and romance.

I hope this is correct way of interpretating:

Tarot layout-

at the moment- there is an undercurrent of indecision and inaction. The current situation requires tact and diplomacy- perhaps a little twofacedness is is adopted to maintain the status quo. The joy that she is experiencing in her relationship/ life feels a little tainted either by gossip or some hurtful remarks. This is possibily interfering with the way she is thinking- and she is dwelling on it without any solid steps/ actions to rectify. However- despite all of what is going on- there is a possibility a chance- of creating a new beginning- the nature of which will depend entirely on how the present situation is handled.

The lenormand cards-

Crossroad corresponding to 7 o S- confirms the possibilities/ choices which she has difficulties in choosing- not sure which way to go. Act passively which she is now- or to take an aggresive approach-

3 Ship corresponding to 4 o P- advises that she should negotiate diplomatically in order to create positive movement- this should help her move away from the current difficult position and transition to a better one. The tarot advises non aggressive talks to influence the transition process
Perhaps a roadtrip might clear the air..?

28 Man corresponding to 4 o C- so- there is a man involved- from the neighbouring cards- describes him as a nomadic man of foreign descent with charisma- she finds him virile- he may also be egocentric and selfish. The 4 o C expresses the mixed feeling she has about how she is to fit into this man's life possibly due to mixed messages she is getting from him-

31 Sun corresponding to 8 o S- positive card promising long awaited success and victory if acted in courage. The 8 o S in context has interefences which are minor in nature which she is dwelling on-She feels mentally paralysed because of dwelling and needs to be brave in acting by voicing her feelings and perhaps stand her ground to ensure her long term happiness.

32 Moon corresponding to A o W- a relationship based on romance and also spiritual and fulfilling. Corresponding to A o W- this may be the start of a new and better relationship/ birth which is entirely new. This can go either way- sun+moon combo promises the ideal couple situation provided she takes a less passive but a slightly aggresive but ever so tactful approach to voice her needs.

I hope this is remotely the correct way to interpret the merge, Sylvie

Stormy

LisaW

????

Oh oh-

was the "8 of words"

The 8 of wands or the 8 of swords??? LOL

if it's the 8 swords, I would say that she is trapped by her own thoughts, but there's a new opportunity coming her way, IF she can get out of her own way!

indianstorm

lol!!!

I assumed Sylvie missed the s in swords due to super speed hand eye coordination-

Stormy-

Sylvie Steinbach

Guys~~~

My mistake I realize that I wrong typed and got everyone confused....oops!

OK Lisa you actually got it right since I had it set up here at home as a 8 of wands!!!

Sorry for everyone else...Please re adjust with the 8 wands please...

Let's do this one together and you can try this system on your own clients -guinea pigs!

Since this is a blend between Tarot and the Lenormand the process as Lisa mentionned do apply but not with the past and future rules. I explain:

WE do not charge any card with this technique...and we just want to see what comes up. So we actually read the cards as blended but from left to right as if we were reading a book...

7 swords with 22 crossroad.

7 swords give a sense of 'futility', doing things without clear directions. One can feel blinded and going in circles. The crossroad reinforce the idea of going everywhere without focus.

4 coins with 3 ship.

4 coins is the fortress, the foundation and what feels secure. The card can also represent a jail, limitations and fears. The ship shows the idea of running away. Now we know that crossroad is the escape card too! so the fact they are next to each other reinforces the idea of wanted to step away from these feelings...

4 cups with 28 man.

4 cups is luxury and hidden feelings. Secrets and revelations. indulgence and unexpected emotional opportunities. The man is not charged so it is just a stranger!

8 wands with 31 sun.

8 wands is the information highway. News and actions mingle. The sun gives a positive outlook onto what the news may bring.

Ace wand with 32 moon.

The ace is new beginning, an opportunity to travel and sexual energy. The moon is emotions and fast timing -ace of wand (phallus) too by the way...

So we can say:

The client is feeling locked up right now into a sense of futility and she would like to escape the status quo. She should expect meeting someone new who she will feel strong sexual and emotional attraction for. A relationship is very likely. This event should take place with few weeks maybe less than a month.

Any questions?

Phoenix Rising

Oh Cool

Hi Sylvie,

I didn't see this thread, so basically you read the tarot and lenormand together which are in the same order drawn.

Good to see another case study.

Phoenix

indianstorm

very clear

thats amazing- it is a very clear correlation..
I will redo the practice case..

Stormy

Sylvie Steinbach

Guys~~~

Someone new signed up for the Lenormand course. Please let her know this is still an active forum...don't let her be all by herself as a beginner out there on the basic lineup. thanks sylvie