• Mystic Readings

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tarot, Tea, & Me

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Tarotsphere

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Aeon418

Read all the drama you like into that statement, you'll still underestimate my feelings on non-scholarly oracle use.
I just read it as a plain statement. Cartomancy made their position clear, and that's fine. I didn't read any drama into it. :)

thorhammer

I just read it as a plain statement. Cartomancy made their position clear, and that's fine. I didn't read any drama into it. :)

Oh no, I meant my statement, about the use of non-scholarly oracles. I have opinions.

gregory

Can't vote - I have signed up to two of those :)

And I'm not even looking at the third for now, as I don't want to be on line 24/7...

Zephyros

But I'd like a space to replicate this Thoth University, and Cartomancy isn't the place for that, I think.

Definitely. The more I find myself looking for places, the more I understand how unique the AT Thoth forum was. It's scope was wider than many other Thelemic forums, which don't concentrate that much on the deck, or on its wider significance. One would think that a pictorial representation of the Book of Law would receive more representation.

Anyway, whatever the Cartomancy forum does, everyone already knows about it and already hundreds of people, including some Thothies, have already registered there. So I'm feeling justified in not including it.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the others?

earthair

Just a thought- not only would I love to see the Thoth interested people from this forum stay as together as possible, I'd also like to see more new faces the interested.
Thinking about where new Thoth/GD/Kabbalah interested people in the future, who might Google for a forum, would end up...

Would they head for Tarot Tea and Me? - It's lovely forum, and cosy and friendly but the title doesn't scream study and rigorous discussions.

Mystic might entice a few... but TarotSphere's got Sphere in the title... :joke:
It practically advertises itself lol

thorhammer

Definitely. The more I find myself looking for places, the more I understand how unique the AT Thoth forum was.
This. Given how tightly run a ship AT is/was, I think it's a testament to the Thothies' behaviour that we could get away with such a wide-ranging subforum with such free rein...and to individuals' maturity that a fairly big group of Thelemic folk, of all people, could manage to behave so well all together.

Aeon418

Is there a closing date on this poll? Or will it remain open until Solandia pulls the plug on the forum?

I haven't voted yet. ;)

3ill.yazi

I'd planned on joining all three, and joined Tarot, Tea and Me, but the other two won't let me register. I get sent to a Proboards registration page and it opens a Captcha that goes nowhere.

Amsonia

I'd planned on joining all three, and joined Tarot, Tea and Me, but the other two won't let me register. I get sent to a Proboards registration page and it opens a Captcha that goes nowhere.

Maybe try a different browser...that sometimes fixes issues like that...

gregory

Sign in to proboards with the same ID and password as you used for the one you are already in and it will be fine.