Circle For Unorthodox Readers

LadyZelda

THE SHIP
mysticalI am having sort of a hard time with the ship. i thought something looked funny about the wind/sails...so i asked someone who knows about this stuff. The wind is going in one direction..you can see by the waves and the flags it is going to the right. However, if you look at the sails they look like the wind is going to the left. hmm..is this intentional or a mistake on the artist's part?? LOL I am going to read it like it was intentional :)

Possibly this emphasizes the card’s aspect regarding “changes” also keep on going toward our goal no matter the winds of opposition, keep moving on.

The next thing he pickd up on was the whale is much smaller than it should be. Not sure what that means! LOL I see the mermaid at the head of the boat and the person in the front. Turbulent waters, windy day but lovely blue skies.
"Windfall" came to mind also

I think it is not really a matter of meaning and more likely a matter of art. Like those icons which have not much realistic proportions. I think that the artist wants to tell us that the whale is an added on detail, while the ship is the main theme. "Windfall" yep, that makes sense!

Not sure what IX is for.travel, of course is a big factor here. LOL

This is definitely the 9th astrological house as this is visibly the theme of the deck to have astrological and planetary symbols.

So, overall I think of turbulence and contradictions. I think of navigating your way through things..searching for the right coarse of action despite having some confusing information that may not be clear. I think of the turbulence and the blue sky as there's a light at the end of the tunnel. That whale seems to be happily going along - unphased by the waves..keeping company with the boat. Instead of being scary he looks friendly. more contradictions.

Sensing the card (my hand covering) i had a very "heady" feeling..like a true swirling and a funny little feeling in my stomach. Likely sea sickness! It was not a relaxing feel at all- quite confused and disoriented.

Interesting! This make me think of the fact that in life we are not always up to get out of our comfort zone and don’t always feel adventurous and heading to new horizons… The jitter that unknown territories create…

finances:: windfall. or back and forth changes. Up and down (stock market). Tough times..but then could have a windfall. contradictions again...

Career: Fighting upstream for something you want. getting a break and then having a set-back. Pushing your way to the top.

Love: Push-pull-push-pull. Should I stay or should I go now? Turbulent emotions..rocky waters...then smooth sailing. contradictions. a time of uncertainty- too much going on through the mind to think straight and just *feel*. Leaving a lover..departures. Or coming and going. Making it through rocky waters (see the whale?_ - sticking by through thick and thin, but it isn't the easiest of rides.

Health: I didn't feel very good when i sensed that card! LOL I felt dizzy and likely would lead to stomach sickness. So I would say under the weather. Nothing serious, but just feeling sort of lousy.

Spiritually: A time when you feel you are moving along and trying to get to where you think you should go..but then you are set back. Fighting the tide sort of thing.

Timing: This is one of those strange feelings. I recall reading "nisaba's" method of timing. When she pulled a major it meant there was no set time- it would reveal itself in the future. I get that feeling here..there is a high likelihood the timings will change due to unforeseen factors. But I see that 3 and that IX so I will say 3 months (90 days).

Even though I see this card as a “positive” card, there is the aspect of caution, it shows a very calm sea in the back but a wavier one by the boat. So, yeah, a reminder of what we can encounter on our way. Other cards will reinforce one way or the other.

Timing....just for info, Iris treppner suggest 3 years, but 3 months could be too...;)

OK, i am sorry I was behind on this one!

No problem, it is not always easy to satisfy everything.... at time it can be a challenge to do what we would like to do, while doing what we must...;)

Empath111

Possibly this emphasizes the card’s aspect regarding “changes” also keep on going toward our goal no matter the winds of opposition, keep moving on.

I think it is not really a matter of meaning and more likely a matter of art. Like those icons which have not much realistic proportions. I think that the artist wants to tell us that the whale is an added on detail, while the ship is the main theme. "Windfall" yep, that makes sense!

This is definitely the 9th astrological house as this is visibly the theme of the deck to have astrological and planetary symbols.

Interesting! This make me think of the fact that in life we are not always up to get out of our comfort zone and don’t always feel adventurous and heading to new horizons… The jitter that unknown territories create…

Even though I see this card as a “positive” card, there is the aspect of caution, it shows a very calm sea in the back but a wavier one by the boat. So, yeah, a reminder of what we can encounter on our way. Other cards will reinforce one way or the other.

Timing....just for info, Iris treppner suggest 3 years, but 3 months could be too...;)

No problem, it is not always easy to satisfy everything.... at time it can be a challenge to do what we would like to do, while doing what we must...;)
Thank you for the feedback Lady Zelda. I went through some of the traditional meanings and "missed the boat" on this one. ;) Except one blogger wrote about the sky versus the turbulent waves and worded it as such as you did. But most focused on the traveling and the journey etc. So evident- will have to see the forest through the trees and "state the obvious" more! Good to learn the astrological signs - and meanings of some of the images in the cards before I post.
Do you guys research a bit before you write up what you pick up on? I think I might start doing that with some aspects of the cards. - Or at least look afterwards and include the feedback from you guys. need to get that notebook!

Empath111

You did just fine! :D I had only done the Clover and had to study the Ship but got caught up with unexpected things...
But I'm now ready to copy/paste my study on the Ship so here we go!;)

3- The Ship

Interpretation of symbolisms:

Right upper corner, this time we have 9 as it is written as a Roman numeral, I believe it must be to make a difference with just a number and to emphasize its symbolism. So far the artist has placed on this corner the planetary symbol of Mercury with the Rider, possibly the one of Mars (unless it would be for the sign of the Sagittarius) on the Clover. If this is a pattern, then this has to be related to either planet or astrology signs and in that case, I’ll say this is one of the astrological houses, thus the 9th House. And it does make sense as the 9th house is following the theme of The Ship. The 9th house is related to far away travels, higher ideals, can be physical or spiritual, etc…
Not sure what other sources say - looking at my Steinabach book says ships's sign is Jupiter (travel) and astrological sign is Aries. Of course I can say this now because I'm looking through the book;) Astronomy is not my "thing"- but this is a good way to learn! What does the 9th house mean, LZ?
This ship is accompanied by a whale: The whale speaks of a spiritual journey, embracing the unknown, relates to unconscious mind, deep spiritual connection, deeper awareness, calm…Therefore, this Ship is not just about an actual physical trip, it can be about a spiritual journey. The weather is clement, the whale adds to the sense of calmness. Also the whale as come up to get back oxygen thus to breathe deeply, it swims in among the waves so it tells me to keep my peace even when things don’t go very smooth in my life journey.
Great info about the meaning of the whale- love that it indicates a spiritual journey and the other spiritual aspects. I did read other info after I posted that the ship does also indicate this:)

The Cross on the sail: This speaks of ascension, spiritual navigation (for deeper knowledge, to re-center ourselves) – cyclical navigation: the 4 seasons of life as we travel through them, spiritual connection, rising (vertical arm of the cross) and setting of consciousness (horizontal arm of the cross), transition, balance.
LOVE that you looked at the cross detail and the meanings. Learning so much here!

Flags: red: life, actions, energy, enthusiasm – blue: peace, healing, inspiration – green: growth, youth, adventure – white lines on the sails: cleansing, enlightenment, purity, peace. Thus, the flags give us clues about which direction are we going, what is the purpose of this journey.

The winds are favorable and blowing nicely on the sails, so no matter what this is a positive card and the right winds are blowing.
Again, the attention to detail is great - the colors of the flags and their meaning and how they apply to the interpretation of the journey.

General meaning:

This picture gives a sense of peace, of adventure, tells us that we are “on our way”, that we are sailing to new horizons. We might discover something, meet new people, modify our present course of action, our current life. It speaks of changes, of going further, relocating. It speaks also of freedom, of dreams, and goals, imaginations. People coming into our life or leaving it. Foreign contacts. Can speak of our life journey in general, of a spiritual journey, or a typical trip, other cards of course will really determine the nature of that journey. Can also speak of vacations, of contact with distant relationship, people living far away from us, something, or someone coming to us or leaving us.

Also that life is not just a “calm sea” as the sea is very calm by the horizon but is wavy in the foreground of the picture where the whale swims. Our journeys will be made of diverse cycles, calm or tumultuous we must keep sailing towards our destination, our goal. This card has some of the same themes as the Rider. For the Rider also there was a hint that on his journey he would encounter many different things but that he remained peaceful through it all.

Now, personally I will interpret the direction toward which the ship is sailing when combining with other cards. That is probably not doing it “by the book” but this is my way…and I believe that if I set up that symbolism, the oracle will respond to it and the right cards will fall on the left and right of the Ship to convey the right message (just like for the Rider). Thus, I would interpret a card on the left of the Ship as the direction to which one goes, and on the right as something one leaves.
Perfect overall meaning- love how you word this!
The direction of the cards - I don't see why you can't read it as you feel comfortable. Like I mentioned before- the sources we are looking at were developed by people - why not be able to look at them from your perspective?

Health:

Going away for a treatment, time to take a break go in vacation and resource ourselves, need for a change of course of action, need to go away from cities and go out where the air is pure, need to free our minds, water therapy, remedies or diet related to the ocean.
great
Financial:

Moving further ahead, making investment in new areas, money transaction with other countries, money coming to us from a distant source, using money for travel purposes.
Love:

Changes in our love life, leaving a present relationship or vice versa, moving ahead in a relationship, meeting someone on a trip, having a relationship with someone living far away from us, moving away from loved ones, or toward them (if they live far away and the ship point to the right card), keeping distance in a relationship or time for a couple to take a break and favor their intimacy with a “second honeymoon”, going on a cruise with a mate.
:)
Career:

Having a traveling job, a career involving travel like pilots, flight attendants, working on a boat, The Navy, travelling agent, doing business with people that are not close by, internet sales, business travel, leaving an actual job for something different.
makes sens! Traveling job!
Spiritually:

Sailing to new horizon, going further, spiritual awareness, exploring new level of spirituality, changing the course of our spiritual life and/or beliefs, choosing to get out of the "religious box", turning to foreign, different spirituality, going on a retreat...

thumbs up
Timing:

The ship gives an idea of longer timing. Moreover, a ship like the one on the card took about 1 month to travel cross Atlantic and a steam boat like the France, Queen Mary, etc…took about 5 days. So, I would interpret that things will take some time.
Now, it is time for me to read what you discovered ;)
Love rerading everyone's ideas and interpretations on the cards - great learning experience!

LadyZelda

Thank you for the feedback Lady Zelda.

You're welcome, glad it helps ;)

Do you guys research a bit before you write up what you pick up on? I think I might start doing that with some aspects of the cards. - Or at least look afterwards and include the feedback from you guys. need to get that notebook!

Personally, first I study the card and write down everything that comes up. And since you spoke about feeling the energy of the card I do incorporate that too even before I study it (at least that is what I felt like doing with the house). Then, I look for "symbolisms" on the card. I write them down, like the ladybugs, the colors, the whale, etc...and I write down all I know about them. What I know about symbolisms is a mix of what I have either learned through the years by reading some books (like astrology for instance) and what I just grew up with.

For example, I learned what was the meaning of each astrological house from reading about the subject, but I grew up with the meaning of the Ladybug....
Like when I was young I and my friends were always thrilled when a ladybug was landing on us because that meant we were able to make a wish and send a message to the spiritual realm, and we believed we were assured to get a good result! There was actually a "little poem" that one was supposed to say just before sending the ladybug...

I did grow up with a lot of "folklore", that says "this means this and that, this is the sign of this or that" etc...But there are a lot of "traditions" and for example I didn't know what CelticNoodle mentioned about the Ladybug being named after the Blessed Mother.

Finally, I do double check that I remembered well when I write about the symbols I learned, like for the Houses. Once I am done I also look what the traditional meaning was just to compare, but I won't change my study if it differs; because like you pointed out so well, these people wrote what the cards meant for them when they studied it, but because of who they are and/or because they were published it became "tradition" or a "reference". For the timing, I think one can only guess and then with practice find a pattern and determines that this card usually has that "timing". That is why I just write what it seems to be, then look at what authors say and write it as another reference.

I will say you can check out about the symbols you notice but don't know anything about (like you said you never really dealt with astrology) but for the other symbols like colors and animals, and plants, even if you never dealt with them I would first try to see what that symbol means to me, before I would look it up.

This, because that kind of symbols often clicks with us even if we don't know about them like for example a "dragon" what comes to your mind when you see the image of a dragon? "magic, power, guardian, luck, etc..." this is what we found out from folklore without actually “learning” about it…. and a dog, we know that it represents "unconditional love, friendship, faithfulness, loyalty, protection, etc..", not because we learned about it in a book but because of what we observed, experienced....Same for a "calm sea" you will say "all is well" and if you see the picture of a "raging sea", you will immediately say "danger, hardship, loss"..."Life" was the "teacher" in these cases.

Anyhow, that is why I think it is a better approach to first let our intuition speak and then like you said you can check other sources. ;)

LadyZelda

Not sure what other sources say - looking at my Steinabach book says ships's sign is Jupiter (travel) and astrological sign is Aries. Of course I can say this now because I'm looking through the book;) Astronomy is not my "thing"- but this is a good way to learn! What does the 9th house mean, LZ?!

With the Mystical Lenormand you can't really go with what S. Steinabach or I. Treppener say because they are not using that deck...Therefore, they go by what they think or what tradition has determined for each card.
For us, it is different because the Artist and/or the Author of the Mystical has decided to assign certain astrological sign, house, or planet to each card and it is not necessarily matching what others had determined.

Thus, anyone using the Mystical has to go by what is shown on that deck. And in the case of the ship it shows "the 9th house" instead of showing the planet "Jupiter" or the sign of "Aries". IMO, the 9th house is as good a choice as Jupiter, because in the meaning of the 9th house you also have the idea of long, faraway travels and it speaks of physical travels as well as spiritual travels"

As the main theme of the Ship is "travel" then the 9th house matches well...

LOVE that you looked at the cross detail and the meanings. Learning so much here....Again, the attention to detail is great - the colors of the flags and their meaning and how they apply to the interpretation of the journey.

Yeah, I find the Mystical very rich in symbols! I have already completed my study of the house and boy, there are so many symbols on it!

Love rerading everyone's ideas and interpretations on the cards - great learning experience!

Same for me! :D

Empath111

You're welcome, glad it helps ;)

Personally, first I study the card and write down everything that comes up. And since you spoke about feeling the energy of the card I do incorporate that too even before I study it (at least that is what I felt like doing with the house). Then, I look for "symbolisms" on the card. I write them down, like the ladybugs, the colors, the whale, etc...and I write down all I know about them. What I know about symbolisms is a mix of what I have either learned through the years by reading some books (like astrology for instance) and what I just grew up with.

For example, I learned what was the meaning of each astrological house from reading about the subject, but I grew up with the meaning of the Ladybug....
Like when I was young I and my friends were always thrilled when a ladybug was landing on us because that meant we were able to make a wish and send a message to the spiritual realm, and we believed we were assured to get a good result! There was actually a "little poem" that one was supposed to say just before sending the ladybug...

I did grow up with a lot of "folklore", that says "this means this and that, this is the sign of this or that" etc...But there are a lot of "traditions" and for example I didn't know what CelticNoodle mentioned about the Ladybug being named after the Blessed Mother.

Finally, I do double check that I remembered well when I write about the symbols I learned, like for the Houses. Once I am done I also look what the traditional meaning was just to compare, but I won't change my study if it differs; because like you pointed out so well, these people wrote what the cards meant for them when they studied it, but because of who they are and/or because they were published it became "tradition" or a "reference". For the timing, I think one can only guess and then with practice find a pattern and determines that this card usually has that "timing". That is why I just write what it seems to be, then look at what authors say and write it as another reference.

I will say you can check out about the symbols you notice but don't know anything about (like you said you never really dealt with astrology) but for the other symbols like colors and animals, and plants, even if you never dealt with them I would first try to see what that symbol means to me, before I would look it up.

This, because that kind of symbols often clicks with us even if we don't know about them like for example a "dragon" what comes to your mind when you see the image of a dragon? "magic, power, guardian, luck, etc..." this is what we found out from folklore without actually “learning” about it…. and a dog, we know that it represents "unconditional love, friendship, faithfulness, loyalty, protection, etc..", not because we learned about it in a book but because of what we observed, experienced....Same for a "calm sea" you will say "all is well" and if you see the picture of a "raging sea", you will immediately say "danger, hardship, loss"..."Life" was the "teacher" in these cases.

Anyhow, that is why I think it is a better approach to first let our intuition speak and then like you said you can check other sources. ;)

Thank you!
I also think because I have less experience at the tarot itself I am lacking in some areas of symbolism. All good learning for other areas too!
I would like to get my hand on another deck and compare it to the mystical though...I think it might help me.
PS: Gotcha regarding the book I'm referencing isn't matching the mystical.

LadyZelda

4- The House

The House

Energy of the card:

I experimented what Empath suggested and Wow that is awesome! So here is what I received from the energy of this card:

First, I sensed a wave of warmth all over me, then love and peace (family presence). Then I felt it in my throat chakra (the house being a place where one can express himself/herself openly, where we can be ourselves nothing hidden, no mask). Finally, a smile came upon me and it was like I was able to hear playful laughter.

Symbolism

- A bouquet of Daisies:

The meaning of the Daisy: Oracle, purity, love, joy. In the card this is what is up front. This is what welcomes you home!

- A Peacock:

This is quite interesting to see that Peacock on the path that leads to the house…It is like it is an usher or a guardian. You won’t get to the house unless you check out with it first. It does block the way. A peacock means protection, watchfulness, nobility, integrity, guidance and spirituality. In Asia what amazing is that it is also associated with Kuan Yin which is another vision of the Blessed Mother that we saw already in the Clover with the Lady Bug! As the symbol of Kuan Yin it means kindness, love, nurturing…For Hinduism, it means luck! So, here we have also a some luck added to the equation!...For the Alchemist it is seen as nowadays version of the Phoenix, meaning rebirth.

- The red roses:

Love, faithfulness...Closer to the house like to give you a hint of you what is emanating from this house....

- The creeping vine:

It covers the ground floor of the house and goes over the front door.

The meaning of the vine: it is a symbol of growth, of fidelity and love, of protection (Greco-Roman’s belief was that the vine protects against evil forces), of friendships, of long-lasting bonds, of survival and withstanding hardships, of inner strength.

-Landscape:

Everything is lush and green; a tree stands on each side of the house like 2 sentinels! Giving again a sense of protection, of safety. Also one is an evergreen speaking about the spirit life that is unending… the other is a tree that will change with the seasons so that speaks about the cycles of life. Hills in the back make you think of a wall of protection too…making this house a real haven.

- The Sky:

The meaning of that blue sky with few clouds: ups and down of life, more likely for this card will speak of family life. There can be clouds in the midst of this happy home but it should not alarm us, these are not threatening clouds, they are pure (white) they are there to perfect us. The home, the family cell is where human beings learn their place at a small scale. What is learned in the midst of family life is then used in society. They look like waves, so they are currents that we should use for our benefit like the eagle uses the currents in the air to soar. We should not resist the lessons we learn by interacting with family members.

- The Ravens:

One is perched already on the top of the house and the other is about to perched on another roof. Good place for such bird!
Ravens symbolize enlightenment, of knowledge and magical power to create new realities, connection to the spiritual as being able to go from the physical realm to the spiritual realm, known also as shape shifters they symbolize a change of consciousness, they travel between the world of the living and the dead and symbolizes ties that go beyond death.

- The house:

This is a cute looking house, it looks welcoming and friendly. It is creative with very original mix of a cottage and castle. The symbolism of the colors is important. It is not all colorful just by artistic choice. The colors for me have been carefully chosen and placed in specific area of the house to deliver a message.

- Pink: The main part of the house is pink symbolizing happiness, playfulness, innocence, childhood, unconditional love, tenderness and nurturing, calm, relaxation, comfort, well-being, self-worth, acceptance, reassurance, and hope. Definitely a good home!

And the first 2 roofs and shutters are green:

- Green: symbolizing growth, prosperity, harmony, balance. This is what can be expected.

What is interesting to note is that the 2nd roof is green with a layer of red! And the upper roofs with the main highest top of the house have a red roof.

- Red: symbolizing love, vibrancy, energy, life, protection (red would “stop” any intruders and harm). Love dominates all.

And we have also the yellow of the upper rooms:

- Yellow: symbolizing awareness, quick thinking, enlightenment, creativity, protection, being well centered.

Finally, the wooded beam that are on the walls of this upper room:

- Brown: symbolizing being down to earth, rooted, being natural, being well centered which with the yellow makes an emphasis, also means comfort and endurance.

The Roman numeral 4: (right upper corner)

Which is linked to the 4th astrological house: family, ancestors, roots, home, childhood, emotions, real estate, and patrimony.

General meaning:

With so many symbolisms present in one card it is hard to know where to begin! This card is very rich in meanings. For me, this is definitely a positive card and it represents a “home sweet home”. It speaks of a haven, a shelter providing refuge, protection, comfort. Tells us that we can unwind and relax, be at peace and playful like when we were kids; it tells us of being cared for and of family memories. Can also speak about taking care of our “home/body”, having an inner journey, about growing, blooming, strengthening, finding our balance, centering and resourcing ourselves.

Can also speak of a time to settle down, to establish roots, but it can also speak of a move to a new home, as well as the acquisition or sale of a home (depending of the other cards), or going back home. Can be also to stop running to and fro, needs to spend more time with family, to value family in the high paced money making society we live in. It speaks also of a life well established and secure, of prosperity, inheritance, patrimony.
This card speaks of ourselves, our family, family ties, family traditions, of our roots, our ancestry, of the ties that are not broken between the living and the dead; we still have connection with our departed loved ones; they are still there with us in spirit form (the ravens).

It speaks of being accepted for who we are, being true to ourselves, of not having to put on any mask, of experiencing happiness, love in all its different aspects (unconditional, affective, romantic, motherly, etc…).

This shows also the 2 aspects of our life journey: our place in the physical realm which is affected by cycles, by all the change of the seasons of life (the regular tree) and our place as a spiritual being , reaching higher, reaching for enlightenment (the tall evergreen), and the need to find balance between both: being enlightened as well as grounded; to find our place in between the two like the house does in this card!

Health:

Take care of our body and well-being, work on being centered, going to a spa, or nursing home, loving care, being homesick, homemade remedies, homemade nutrition.

Financial:

Prosperity, finance are secure, stability, financial institutions, getting the money to buy or rent a home, investing in real estate, spending money to remodel a house, spend money in family entertainment, to spend time with family.

Love:

Family love, stability, long lasting love, romantic love, meeting the right mate, a sense of being cozy having a sweet love relationship, motherly love, nurturing love, unconditional love,. Time to care for our family, favorable time to create a family, move in with a mate.

Career:
Homemaker, home-based business, small business, working from home, working as a housecleaner, in a nursing home, as a carpenter, an architect, real estate agent, spiritual leader, in education like teachers and principals, army, police, fireman (as they are forming like family cells)

Spiritually:

Spiritual retreat center, religious establishment, going inward, centering exercise, self-improvement, life regression, exploring ancestral beliefs, traditions, enlightenment.

Timing:

Well for timing really I’m never too sure what to think. For me a solid house like that show more a long term, things that takes time as a house takes a lot of time to be build and will last many years. If we would have to go with the number of the card I would lean more toward 4 months or years.

Done for the house, Tree is next!;)

LadyZelda

5- The Tree

5 - THE TREE

Energy of the card:

Feeling of lightness, well-being, vision of a bright rising sun shining with all its rays, kids playing, running, rope jumping, bird soaring, dolphins jumping over the water in their playful manner.

Symbolism

I found them all related to each other, and making the meaning of this card very clear. Here is what I discovered through them:

The tree:

In general a tree means: life, longevity, healing, growth, stability, strength, power, protection, knowledge, wisdom, being well grounded, as well as being spiritually alert (The roots are linked to the ground and the head of the tree is linked to the sky), this brings me to see a symbol of balance and harmony “spirit, mind, body” which leads to great health. The tree also speaks of family, ancestry.

It is difficult to really say what tree it is, it look like a walnut but I cannot be sure because it is a painting…If it would be a walnut, it would match with the overall meaning of the card. The walnut tree is a symbol of “healing, strong heart, fertility (with its seeds carried in a shell), rebirth, free spirit, good healing properties for the body (known to be good for digestive balance) and the mind (people use to believe it was a cure for madness), with spiritual properties(reveals hidden wisdom, quickens awareness, astral travels, spirit alignment) thus I see here again the sign of a good balance: “spirit, mind, and body”; which goes well with the theme of this card.
I noticed also something else with this tree and it is that its trunk looks like a dancing woman! Which makes me think of: grace, vitality, harmony, flexibility, celebration, being carefree, well-being…
Its leaves are a lush bright green, so it speaks of youth and growth and health.

The birds:

I could not really identify them, I think anyway that here we have most likely the symbol of “birds” in general rather than the symbolism of certain kinds of birds.
Birds symbolize: freedom, carefree, happiness, lightness of spirit, a connection to the spiritual realm, a good balance between the physical and spiritual (as they are of both earth and sky), enlightenment, celebration, harmony, grace, beauty, immortality (in Asia).
There is a bunch of diverse birds perched on that tree, which makes me think of being gifted with diverse qualities, abilities, and everything being well balanced like a symphonic orchestra. All things working together harmoniously, perfect coordination, good communication ability.

2 Rabbits:

They seem to be playing together like rabbits do, carefree, happy. 2 of them so this speaks of unity, balance, harmony, productivity.
I see here springtime, youth, love, affection, playfulness, young spirit, friendship, agility, quickness of mind, vitality, energy, stamina, life, family, fruitfulness, fertility, creativity, abundance, (rabbit procreate greatly!), abundance, growth, luck (as carrying a rabbit leg is said to attract good luck)

Lily of the Valley and green grass:

In the foreground the artist painted some Lily of the Valley, this brings back good memories to my mind…This flower has a special day assigned to it, the 1st of May and on this day everyone is supposed to offer some Lily of the valley as a good luck charm. It is supposed to bring happiness into one’s life! This flower also symbolizes sweetness, humility, happiness and it is also called “the Fairy ladder” which again gives the idea of joining the physical and spiritual together, of connecting with the spiritual realm, of reaching spiritual heights.

Green grass: prosperity, growth, youth…

Blue sky and the hills:

Calm, rest, and healing are seen in this beautiful serene blue sky. And it is found when one has a harmonious spiritual life as the blue sky is above the “barrier” of clouds. And correspond to the head of the tree where the birds are. It is like a message is given regarding the fact that down here on earth, in the physical realm, we encounter difficulties, illness, cloudy minds, worries, etc… (Hills and barrier of clouds) but in the spiritual realm is harmony, peace, health, well-being, etc… (blue sky, head of the tree) and healing is available as “blue” is the color of healing and rest, among other meanings.

2 women pillars:

I will say that this must be 2 maidens to follow up with the theme of the card, again a sense of harmony, stability, grace, youth, fertility, creativity….

Zodiac Sign of the Virgo: (Right upper corner)

The sign of the Virgo is an earth sign and some of its meaning is linked to the theme of the card: Good health, tending to welfare, physical activities, good nutrition, and self-improvement.

General meaning:

From this card emanates a peaceful feeling, harmony, balance, grace, beauty, well-being, health, the perfect union of the physical and spiritual. Peaceful blue sky dominates which speak of healing and rest. Lots of green, gives a sense of freshness, of youth, of growth, as well as growing up to maturity, of energy, vitality, life, spring…Productivity, increase, playfulness, happiness, stamina, good health, being balance spirit, mind and body. Being cheerful, celebrating life, good communication, stability, time to resource ourselves, reconnect with Mother Nature, be one with her.

This is for me a positive card, if not well surrounded the “hills and clouds” in the landscape would speak of sickness while the overall of this card would tell you about healing and the fact that your life is out of balance, with the need to reestablish that balance.

Health:

Well-being, good health, well balanced life, harmony of body, mind and spirit, being happy, being fertile, good sign for pregnancy…healing if sick; if negative cards surrounding, then it means sickness and the need to regain balance in our life. Natural remedies, music therapy (birds), Nature sound therapy, finding rest in the countryside, walking, any outdoor activity…

Financial:

Finances are in good shape, money is increasing, peace of mind about financial matters, good thinking regarding money matter, money is at its rightful place in your life, not dominating, you have a well balanced view of money. If have some money problems, it means this will improve, find out where your finances are out of balance like spending more than what you make through credit cards, etc…If your work doesn’t bring enough income, this will change, it is growing, you’re on your way for increase, give it some time.

Love:

Relationships are playful, healthy, happy, productive, romantic, good communication, growth, stable, friendly, loving. For a couple, this is a very harmonious relationship, the romance is not lost, neither the stamina of the beginning while the relationship is growing toward maturity, it is well balanced. Long lasting relationship whether it is romance or friendship. Good omen for couples who desire to start a family and have children. For a new relationship the Tree is a sign that it is developing, and with time will mature nicely.

Career:

In good shape also, good balance between work and private life, you are not letting your career overtake your life, nor make you neglect the other aspect of your life like family, spirituality…. growth in the career you are following, promotion, satisfying results. Career link to nature, like agriculture, botanic, horticulture, outdoor careers, etc…Not well, surrounded would mean that you are out of balance, your career is eating up your life, you are neglecting many things by being so absorbed by your career.

Spiritual:

Spiritual harmony, growth, meditation, peace, spiritual enlightenment, good communication with the spiritual realm, communion with nature, working on centeredness. Retreat in a place that is in the midst of the Nature. Again not well surrounded would indicate that you are “too” spiritual, it is time to look around and get also to appreciate down to earth things.

Timing:

I don’t really know if we use the number of the card it would be 5 months or years and for me it cannot be about days or weeks because of the tree symbolism. With the sign of the Virgo I will say “summer”.

I. Treppner suggests 5 years.

Empath111

Not peeking LZ- but lots of info there! GOOD job!!

celticnoodle

Okay, so this week is for cards House (#4) and Tree, (#5)

HOUSE
The house speaks of family and security and stablization. At first glance, the home pictured on this card is quite nice and a well manicured property.

Now, when LZ did a reading and this card was turned over, what I saw as a possible owl turned out to be a vase of white flowers. lol! I DO NEED TO GET AN EYE APPT! :bugeyed: so, first the peacock. The peacock is often associated with royalty and is a spiritual symbol as well. it is also considered to be a lucky symbol. It is a proud bird, and so seeing this bird in the image tells me that this card speaks of someone/something that is proud and strong. courageous and in good standing. lucky. I feel like this is symbolizing someone with good standing within the community--possibly someone well educated and well off financially.

Now the white flowers...white is a clean and pure color--again often symbolic of spirituality. white is also symbolic of innocence and respect.

The colors of the home pictured is a light purple--also a spiritual color symbolizes peace and spiritual quest as well as peace; and green, the color of life, symbolizing well being and respect. it is also a very calming and restful color. yellow symbolizes wisdom, happiness and joy.

brown is symbolic of the ground, thus stability and solid. protective. It also makes you think of your roots. your family. A card where you feel well taken care of when you are within the four walls of this home.

General meaning:
given all the above, I see this card as one stating stability and solidness. It is a card that depicts completeness and gives the feeling of being well off. taken care of. it is a strong card, like a safe house.

Health:
I can see this card in a reading re: health as stating that all is well healthwise. Could even indicate someone who is in good health and is a strong, well built person.

Financial:
again well off. stable. perhaps rich, but not necessarily rich. but not needing to worry much about monies.

Love:
in respect to love, this is the card that depicts the type of love where someone knows they are safe and have no worries. They are well taken care of physically, emotionally, mentally, financially. no worries.

Career:
I can't help but to think of a banker or perhaps someone political or even a lawyer, judge, or someone who is in a position of extreme power--head of a large business, military leader, well decorated, etc.

Spiritually:
could stand for someone like a Bishop, or higher in office of a religious group. Spiritually speaking in the general sense, this card would indicate someone who has or is about to or attempting to reach a spiritual awakening.

Timing:
given that the right corner and number of this card is #4, roman numeral IV, I'd say this card is indicating the timing to be from June22 to July 23. The sign of Cancer. Or, it could mean 4--as in 4 days, 4 weeks, 4 mos.

overall, this card just reeks of feeling well taken care of, and knowing it. It is a feel good card and so I'll always see it as a feel good card.

Tree next...........