The fool as someones feelings for me

Minnie_X_O

I recently did a spread to find out someones feelings for me and the fool turned up in the how he feels about me position... I take this to mean that he has new budding feelings for me but I'm not sure if that's just me projecting my will onto the cards :p for reference i had the reverses two of cups as my feelings and I think this reflects that my mind is still on someone else (my ex) and I'm not sure if I want a quick fling or a serious relationship with him.the knight of pents came up in the 'general situation between you and the object of your desire' position, this confused me and any interpretations on that would be greatly appreciated... Perhaps it means that we are both taking a conservative approach to things?The devil reversed came up in the obstacles to a relationship with this person position and lastly 8 of swords for the outcome/is this person for me position.these last cards I believe are another reflection of my current state of mind after my last relationship with the devil representing me feeling bound by the feelings left over from my previous relationship... Or could this be also reflecting the same feelings he has with a past relationship? I'm quite new to tarot and any interpretations/insights into this reading will be much appreciated!
TIA

cjxtypes

What is the spread you are using? I wont break this down card by card I am sure others here will, but just by the cards alone and whole vibe of this spread especially with the Devil (r) and the 8 Swords as an outcome doesn't look promising. As for the Fool in the feelings arena.. I say they may be trival.. or nonchalant. The Fool is pretty carefree and reckless. There is a sense of optimism with Fool however. .btw... its early and I haven't had my coffee. ;)

Sulis

Hi Minnie_X_O,

Thanks for adding your interpretation of the cards in the reading, I've put back cjxtypes's post, which was hidden.

Sulis - moderator

Minnie_X_O

Just a spread I found online called the relationship spread. I find that whenever I try to do a reading about this person things that reflect my past relationship ie the devil (r). And 8 of swords show up but I get confused as to if they also reflect something in his life. Deffinitly see what you're saying about the fool... When you say there is a sense of optimism what do you mean potentially feelings could grow but just presently there's not much there?

Goodluck

I recently did a spread to find out someones feelings for me and the fool turned up in the how he feels about me position... I take this to mean that he has new budding feelings for me but I'm not sure if that's just me projecting my will onto the cards :p for reference i had the reverses two of cups as my feelings and I think this reflects that my mind is still on someone else (my ex) and I'm not sure if I want a quick fling or a serious relationship with him.the knight of pents came up in the 'general situation between you and the object of your desire' position, this confused me and any interpretations on that would be greatly appreciated... Perhaps it means that we are both taking a conservative approach to things?The devil reversed came up in the obstacles to a relationship with this person position and lastly 8 of swords for the outcome/is this person for me position.these last cards I believe are another reflection of my current state of mind after my last relationship with the devil representing me feeling bound by the feelings left over from my previous relationship... Or could this be also reflecting the same feelings he has with a past relationship? I'm quite new to tarot and any interpretations/insights into this reading will be much appreciated!
TIA

Hi, Minnie_X_O.

The Fool is one of those cards that can vary greatly depending on the surrounding cards. As someone's feelings it could mean he views you as a fresh start, or it could mean he feels a relationship would be foolish, just for example. Based on your surrounding cards, it seems to point more towards a lack of any deep feelings, maybe he's not considering his feelings for you as serious.

Was your question specific to a relationship with this person or just general influences around you? Because right now, these cards could be reflecting the influences around you both, but not necessarily shedding light on the future. You may want to draw the cards again with a specific question along the lines of "What will be the outcome if I pursue a relationship with "X?" (assuming that wasn't your initial question, of course) That might give you some guidance as to how the energies that appeared in the cards you drew may play out. Good luck!

Minnie_X_O

Thank you!

Thank you for the insight! I didn't really ask a question I just focused my thoughts on the person and drew the cards. I'll give it a go with a more specific question!