TOADies Anonymous.

Scarlet Woodland

Can I join? I admit I have a problem. I must have nearly 60 decks, mostly purchased since last May. That is way more than necessary or affordable.

Are you my long lost twin? :D

Nearly 60 - check
Since last May - check

This place is just plain dangerous ha ha. I managed to hit my toadie target with only one (semi scheduled) slip along the way so am sure you'll do just fine :) Helped me to think of it as saving up for something special.

Am down to just under one a week now I'm allowed to buy again, which is still too many really but definitely on the right track. Will be back here sharpish if it goes up again :D

JylliM

Hello northern hemisphere twin! Yes, this place is so very dangerous! And to think I got a paid subscription because I thought trading decks would save me money!?! I was oh so naive...

I will take heart from your and everyone else on here's impressive displays of resolve. I WILL be strong!

RavenLuna

I fell off the wagon :/
I knew it was too good to last! I saw the Llewellyn Tarot that I've wanted for aaaggggeeeess at a decent price, with an extra 10% off if I bought another book. So I ended up buying the green box Thoth as well, which I've also wanted for ages, as I only have a small one. That was on offer too. Oh well, that's two more off my long-term wishlist for under £30.

I hadn't bought anything sine the Cosmos Tarot, so that's quite good going - for me ;)
::hops back on the wagon::

Serenia

I've been lurking around this thread since its beginning in November, but I was afraid to join "officially" because I was quite sure I'd fail miserably... But so far, I think I'm actually doing pretty well! :) My last two decks arrived at the beginning of December and I haven't ordered anything tarot-related since then.

I'm sure I will buy a new deck every once in a while, but my plan is to do it reasonably. I accumulated around 130 decks since 2012 (that's more than 30 decks per year!) and I'd like to slow down my deck buying. If I manage to buy ten decks or less in 2016 I'll be very happy! :royal:

JylliM

Good luck, Serenia - although it seems like you're doing very well already! You've gone nearly two months! Well done :).

Serenia

Good luck, Serenia - although it seems like you're doing very well already! You've gone nearly two months! Well done :).

Thank you! :heart: Let's hope I can keep this up!

Cocobird55

It's hard not buying decks. It helps that I have a lot of expenses right now and can't afford them anyway.

Tanga

:)

I'm doing well...

EXCEPT - I just found out today, that an acquaintance of mine (much admired) has published her deck.
Bumped into the info by accident.
Well - self-published, probably presently limited edition. And - I've been using it already
from her free download (It's the Frideborg Tarot).

So - that was that for this one - I've just managed to get the last available copy.

Aside form that - I've enrolled a family member to gift me the Luna Fire Tarot when it's out
this summer.

:)

earthair

I'm doing so-so :neutral:
I have bought a few decks, but nowhere near as many as I was buying last year. The real motivation has been lack of space, but I think my collection has now got to the stage where most new decks look so similar to decks I already have that it's getting much easier to resist slight variations.

I've also discovered a great deenabling technique- perfectionism :D Any decks I buy from now on must meet all or almost all of these criteria-
1) Good card stock, in a proper box/bag (which removes all Llewellyn decks from the mix :joke::joke:)
2) No 'meh' or 'eeeek' cards
3) Reversible backs
4) Readable
5) Distinctly different from anything else in my collection
6) Bonus points for not coming with, or needing a book which will take up more space

Serenia

Okay, I just broke down and ordered an oracle deck... (I won't say which one it is, but it has beautifully vibrant colours... and unicorns! So what else could I do? :p ), and some days ago I pre-ordered another one (absolutely gorgeous artwork and very attractive international shipping costs available only now).

But, well, I'm trying to convince myself that I can still achieve my objective for this year! I guess the important thing is to just keep at it! :)