Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Le Fanu

Lost Code of Tarot

Thanks to all this discussion, I'm weirdly enabled about this deck. It looks like the love child of Patrick Valenza and Lyn Narciso, with Rachel Pollack acting as the midwife.

I think I need some de-enabling here. Bad. Michellehihi, you have it, right? Please, make me hate it....
I have this. Received it a while back. Very odd. Not quite sure what to make of it, but upon closer inspection, I can see how captivating some might find it. Pips only, if that's an issue - and it is quite samey so samey plus pips might be an issue. But it has a lovely aged, sepia, papyrus colour - and slightly stiffer cardstock than the usual LoS cardstock. I think, with time, I might like it. It doesn't remind me at all of Deviant Moon or Narciso. it actually reminds me of an obscure Columbian Fournier deck called the Macondo. The same style of line drawing. I think if I were into pip decks as reading decks (I am, sort of, but they have to be more atmospheric than this one), I'd use it. I can see the appeal. It's quite a weird thing to issue as a limited edition. I don't quite get the urge... Why is this a limited edition - and it is - it has it written on the box?

I think I'd find it out to pick out distinct symbols from this artwork, but if you do look closely there is something very clever about it.

I think I need more time on this one. A good sign...