A 'deep' dark deck?..

dancing_moon

It's always nice to see that I'm not the only one who is fascinated by dark decks so this threat is perfect :)

You should try Ludy Lescot tarot, Deviant Moon and Dark Grimoire. I always get very accurate answers from those decks and Ludy Lescot is one of my top favorite decks. Also if you are interested more into psyche try Secret tarot as it is very serious, melancholic and somehow strange deck. It's a bit cartoonish but I find it very interesting :)

Thank you! I've been looking through Deviant Moon and Dark Grimoire, but for now, they're just too gloomy personally for me. On the other hand, Secret tarot looks interesting. Thanks for your impressions!

Aerin

It comes from the deep, dark pit of nightmarishly botched collaging. A deck to truly strike terror...

That would do it ...

I also like Ludy Lescot. Oh, and I'm fond of Sweet Twilight (teen melancholy yet reads lyrically) and Dark Angels.

HearthCricket

One of my favourite decks has its own measure of darkness to it and is one I love to pull out every fall. The Archeon Tarot. Mysterious, somewhat goth, somewhat fey, a bit sensuous, very much like sifting through autumn leaves and peeling back the layers of meanings. Might be worth peeking at!

Wispy

I have the Bohemian Gothic Tarot. It's definitely a very good looking "dark" deck but for myself I can't seem to relate to the images. The cards do not intuitively speak to me like some other decks do. I had to reference the authors LWB too often and don't even use the deck anymore. I've been looking at the Daemon tarot thread and that seems like a rather unique deck although at this point I have no idea how to interpret any of those cards either. :)

dancing_moon

That would do it ...

I also like Ludy Lescot. Oh, and I'm fond of Sweet Twilight (teen melancholy yet reads lyrically) and Dark Angels.

One of my favourite decks has its own measure of darkness to it and is one I love to pull out every fall. The Archeon Tarot. Mysterious, somewhat goth, somewhat fey, a bit sensuous, very much like sifting through autumn leaves and peeling back the layers of meanings. Might be worth peeking at!

Thanks for your suggestions! They're definitely beautiful and worth another look.

I have the Bohemian Gothic Tarot. It's definitely a very good looking "dark" deck but for myself I can't seem to relate to the images. The cards do not intuitively speak to me like some other decks do. I had to reference the authors LWB too often and don't even use the deck anymore. I've been looking at the Daemon tarot thread and that seems like a rather unique deck although at this point I have no idea how to interpret any of those cards either. :)

Neither have I, TBH. :D Perhaps, when you know more about those daemons, it becomes easier...

Richard

For me, deep and dark does not necessarily mean creepy and Halloween-like. The seemingly conventional Liber T (a Thoth 'clone') is deep enough, but the depictions of human-animal beastiality and burning a woman at the stake are a bit over the top (or under the bottom), even for Halloween. How dark can you get?

dancing_moon

For me, deep and dark does not necessarily mean creepy and Halloween-like.

Neither does it for me. What I'm looking for is depth of card images with a little bias towards the darker/gloomier/sadder side of life, but without any obvious/theatrical teenage goth Halloween attributes. However, like I said before, I'm really keen to hear opinions/real-life experiences with decks rather than a contest for the best dark deck for dancing moon. :D

Aerin

Well, then the Tyldwick is worth a look. There's something about an empty country house that's wistful and decaying but where the personalities of the occupants have stamped their mark. I find it gives the reader a lot of space to just be with the cards and not get crowded out by actual people.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tyldwick/

I think that sometimes you just have to get a deck and see. I find the Victorian Romantic darker than the Bohemian Gothic, and the Sweet Twilight deeper than many other more 'serious' looking decks. The Kissa Tarot too http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/kissa/ - who knows why.

It's all so much down to the individual and their particular associations.

dancing_moon

Thanks for your ideas! I absolutely love the look of the Tyldwick. It's a little bit out of my budget right now, but I hope I'll be able to afford it one day. :D

The Kissa Tarot looks very nice too, and those names in Finnish... :heart: It's certainly not my idea of 'dark', though. :)

Aerin

Yes, the Kissa comes over to me as peaceful and calming and rather mysterious - I don't get straight readings from it. Not dark but deep, for me.