A'HA Oracle

avalonian

linnie said:
Thank you, Avalonian... you made a comparison between my A'HA deck and Songs for the Journey Home deck... I went and had a look at that deck, and I love it... it is now on my wish list! That doesn't mean I'll get it any time soon, but I am aware of its existence. :)

Oops, sorry, unintentional enablement!

:D

linnie

heh heh, laughing... no problem :)

Something I'd do! :)

Anyway, thank you for letting me know A'HA arrived safe and sound, Avalonian :) I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised. :)

linnie

Does anyone read this thread? Not sure where threads go ... hmmm... :))

Namaste all... Just because you were kind enough to visit this thread after Sophos initially mentioned A'HA (and in doing so indirectly alerted me to this wonderful website!:)), I'd like to let you know that A'HA has just appeared on the 'What's New?' page here at AT. Yippee! Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support.

Many blessings to you all, from Linnie :)

Sophos

That is good news :) though not better than having been offered by "S. Nicholas" before Christmas the A'HA Oracle ;)
All the very best!

GreenMoonBeam

A'HA, this is such a beautiful deck. :love:

linnie

very kind of you, Sophos, and you, Green Moonbeam :)

Thank you all so very much. It's important to me that A'HA receives a warm and enthusiastic welcome into the AT world becuase, well, you know how people find their Life 'work'??? A'HA feels like mine (other than my beautiful daughters, hubby, friends, and choir family and growing up rainforests and ...). So many cells of my being feel like this deck can help people find themselves... and that is what my heart yearns for, so... I am grateful for your warm reception of A'HA :)

All things good to you :)

linnie

oh... have you all seen my advertisement? There's a freebie that might interest you:)

Oh, BTW... have you all seen my advertisement? There's a freebie that might interest you:)

Yes... to celebrate A'HA's arrival at AT, I've offered a freebie to the poster that posts the .....th post on my Advertisement thread. (I have a lucky number selected, just have to wait for someone's post to land on it!)

Just thought I'd best let you all know, as you have been supportive. :)

linnie

I think I didn't thank you for this, Avalonian! :)

avalonian said:
I have this deck now and it really is lovely and most unusual. Most of the cards are white on black, which adds to the appeal rather than detract from it. The images appear almost luminous, it's like the light shining through the darkness.

I think this will be a really good deck for self-knowledge and spiritual growth, particularly as it has such a gentle, non-threatening and nurturing energy.

A really special deck, stands out from the crowd.

:) :) :)

Sorry... Thank you so much, Avalonian :) I read your PM, but somehow missed reading this feedback. Ah!!! Yay! You 'get' A'HA... "Like the light shining through the darkness"... Thank you, that's exactly what A'HA's cards are about. I'm so glad you like them. :)

Kissa

I just discovered the A'HA oracle, Linnie's website and the threads (in Advertising and here) about it.

Even if it reminded me also of the Songs for the Journey Home, the A'HA doesn't feel like a clone of the Songs. It seems (from online pics) less human-centered, more shamanic. Only my two cents based on online pics..
I am really curious about it. .

Can somebody tell me more about the cardstock? Is the finishing matte or glossy? Are the cards thick?

I obviously like to enable myself. Gosh I LOVE discovering decks whose artwork/atmosphere stays in the back of my mind for the rest of the day :) :) :) Thank you, Linnie!!!

linnie

Namaste Kissa... pleased to meet you :)

Kissa said:
I just discovered the A'HA oracle, Linnie's website and the threads (in Advertising and here) about it.

Even if it reminded me also of the Songs for the Journey Home, the A'HA doesn't feel like a clone of the Songs. It seems (from online pics) less human-centered, more shamanic. Only my two cents based on online pics..
I am really curious about it. .

Can somebody tell me more about the cardstock? Is the finishing matte or glossy? Are the cards thick?

I obviously like to enable myself. Gosh I LOVE discovering decks whose artwork/atmosphere stays in the back of my mind for the rest of the day :) :) :) Thank you, Linnie!!!

Namaste, Kissa... Pleased to meet you...:) I just saw your PM... thanks for contacting me... I'll get back to you about that as soon as I can :)

All those points you make and questions you ask... :) :) :)

Well... yes... Avalonian mentioned Songs for the Journey Home, and A'HA reminds you of Songs, too??? That's curious... I'd never actually heard of that deck, or the AT website, for that matter, until a few weeks ago, so I think that Avalonian was talking about the energy of the cards... Yes... I just re-read her comments (Thank you, Avalonian :)) Now that I've heard of Songs, though, I'm delighted that A'HA reminded you both of that deck, because I've had a look at them on this site and now they are on my wish list!! Heh heh!!! :)

I had all the details on card thickness etc available when I was getting it all ready for publication, because I took ages deciding about all those different aspects, but it's all filed away now. I can't tell you in gms, but the cards are thick enough to be sturdy, whilst still fitting 77 cards in a decent-sized box. They're not as thick as, say, Doreen's cards, as mine are press-varnished rather than plastic-laminated. They're very durable and it's a beautiful (I think :)) 'satin-matt' finish, I guess. The box is matt-laminated, a beautiful smooth finish, as opposed to gloss, because I'm not really a 'glossy' person :)

I think they feel nice, in fact lots of people comment on the 'feel' of the cards as well as on the 'energy' :). I've had my historical very first sample deck kicking around in my handbag for years, and it's doing very well :)

I'm so glad the artwork/atmosphere has stayed in your mind for the rest of the day... Thank you, that feedback is very welcome and reassuring... The tarot/oracle world is huge, and I am but a tiny fish!!! :)