The "Good Mojo" relationship spread :)

Molly

Hi Maiden, welcome to aeclectic! Glad you found this wonderful forum - I just love it.

I have to say that designing your own spread probably has to do with knowing how your mind works. You do have to have a feeling for what the point of a spread is, and then you have to decide about what the important issues are as you see them. I love geometric shapes, so the shape of the spread is important to me. Some people just make rows, as the shape/design isn't so important... I think it is a great way to really get into learning to read - as a spread coming from your own brain can make the most sense to you - if that makes any sense! LOL.

As far as advice on how to do it, I am not sure I can help. It is just a personal preferance thing. You could practice with smaller spreads at first. You can jot down things you want to know about and then practice making a design and assigning the meanings. Pick a place on the spread that seems to be an important spot for the outcome or thing that needs to be done actively... think about "inward" vs. "outward" or "conscious" vs. "subconscious" etc...

hope that helped :)

maiden

Thanks for the welcome, Molly and yes that did help. Maybe I will try a spread one of these days ;)

Maiden

Alissa

Molly,

I finally had a chance to put this spread into action yesterday to do a reading for a friend of mine and she felt she really got a lot outta it. Thank you again for sharing this one, I really like it.

The spread did a great job of examining both parties, and that was what she really liked about the reading. He, it seems, has a tendency for great haste (Knight swords came up, as well as 8 wands). She has a tendency and patterns that include drama queen inclinations (9 swords), and a long history of turbulent relationships with men, starting with her Dad in childhood (7 wands).

Interestingly, Devil came up in mutual hopes/fears. Talk about some serious reservations about the relationship (which she acknowledged readily). Meeting in the middle was the Knight of Pentacles, proceed with caution! Outcome? Seven swords, it's gonna be a journey alright.

Neat spread!

Molly

wow Alissa, thank you for sharing that! I LOVE that this spread worked for and helped someone!

Zev

Molly!

I found your spread in just the right time! I am in a beginning of a relationship that fels really great. But I want to know a bit about how right we are for each other.
Your spread is lovely! Though I haven´t tried it yet it feels perfect for this stage of my life.

Thank you!!

I will write you and tell you the outcome...

B*B
/z

Zev

Fantastic spread!

This is one of the best spreads I have ever tried! not hard to understand and very easy to "get in to".
The spread I did for my new boyfriend and me was very good! I got The Sun as the last card! Is that good or what!!

I will use this for helping my friends.
Thanx again!!
/z

LaLaToro

I just love this. Very informative. Especially when I can't see the forest for the trees! Thanks!