The Tarot of Vampyres - Interesting findings in the Minor Arcana

WolfyJames

I have noticed similarities among the minors so I've decided to share them in case anyone find that interesting.

Aces

All the aces have roses and thorny branches in the back. Each suit gets its own color.

Threes

Two of the cards have boats in the back: Three of Scepters and Three of Grails. Three cards shows a female vampyre: Three of Skulls, Three of Scepters and Three of Knives.

Fours

Two cards have indoors scenes: Four of Scepters and Four of Grails. Three cards shows a couple: Four of Skulls, Four of Grails and Four of Knives.

Fives

On three cards the vampyres have conflicts/fights with their suit animals: Five of Skulls (werewolf = wolf), Five of Knives (black winged being = raven) and Five of Scepters (black panther). The Five of Grails shows a mermaid (snake) but we're not sure if she's the victim or the aggressor.

Sixes

On all cards a vampyre appears in harmony with the animal of their suit. On top, the Six of Grails and the Six of Scepters have a glittering thingy of front of each vampyre, each bearing the color of their suit.

Sevens

On all the cards there is a female vampyre partly transformed into their suit animal.

Eights

On all the cards there is a male vampyre depicted.

Nines

On all the cards there is a big full moon. Three cards shows a female vampyre: Nine of Skulls, Nine of Scepters and Nine of Knives.

Tens

On all cards there is a female vampyre. On two cards the vampyres are pierced by their suit "weapon" and have wounds: Ten of Knives and Ten of Scepters. The two others are drinking cups full to the brim.

Zechariah13

Tens

On all cards there is a female vampyre. On two cards the vampyres are pierced by their suit "weapon" and have wounds: Ten of Knives and Ten of Scepters. The two others are drinking cups full to the brim.

It doesnt look to me like the Ten of Scepters is getting impaled. IN fact, the only wounds it looks like she has are sratches from the vines she is struggling against. IN this picture, her suit weapon is her only weapon, but it is too clumsy to use, so it is working against her, not used against her.

Mellifluous

This is a very interesting way to go through the deck. I just looked through my copy to see some of the things you pointed out and already noticed other cards that had the same features you mentioned (for example, a full moon).

I think it's a good way to pick out your own symbolism, noticing the same visual elements in different cards. (Like, which ones have fruit, or someone wearing a ring, or whatever it might be that stands out to the individual.)

I like this deck but haven't used it much... it's darker than what I'm used to and based on a different tarot system as well. Usually, I just end up looking through it, admiring the artwork. I took it out again the other day though, because I'd like to be using it. So, this gives me a starting place to hook into whenever I'm perusing it. :)

Thank you for posting!

delinfrey

since the deck is heavily kabbalistic, the presence of full moon on the nines I would attribute to Yesod in the tree of life (symbolized by the moon).