The Color Mage Oracle Deck

Linuzza

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the Color Mage Oracle Deck by Bernard Charles?

It is comprised of 70 cards that are just a swatch of color with some key words at the bottom.

I'm drawn to it due to my interest in the feelings of color, as well as its total simplicity -- seems like a uniquely powerful deck for developing intuitive abilities.

I would appreciate your feedback! Even if you have not used this deck, I would also be interested in hearing your initial impression, and how you think it would integrate with your readings (or not).

Linuzza

Scarlet Woodland

I haven't used it but have a look at wild moon tarot on youtube as I remember her loving it :)

witchofglass

Don't have it, but it's one of only two oracle decks on my wishlist ATM because it's not super text heavy and not one of those heavyhanded "affirmations" decks. I feel like I can actually get some use out of it.

Linuzza

Don't have it, but it's one of only two oracle decks on my wishlist ATM because it's not super text heavy and not one of those heavyhanded "affirmations" decks. I feel like I can actually get some use out of it.
Yeah that's a good word for the distinction. I like how it is a free-flowing tool, rather than boxing me into a corner with a lengthy quotation. Thanks for responding!

Tarotwolf

I'm really not being flippant here, but why not just go to your local Home Depot and put together a deck from their sample paint-swatch cards. It would be a perfect mini-deck!

Linuzza

I'm really not being flippant here, but why not just go to your local Home Depot and put together a deck from their sample paint-swatch cards. It would be a perfect mini-deck!
Actually that's a neat idea! The deck does have keywords listed at the bottom for guidance, so if I went the home Depot route it would be more "raw" in terms of pure intuition, with no external guidance. At the same time it would be a great meditation tool.

thecolormage

Appreciation

Hi there! So I created my color deck so it doesn't box you in!! Plus the cards are vibrationally in tune with my own spiritual journey. I recently added a video class on using the deck in case you still have questions. But I don't want my voice overcast your own voice! Thank you so much for the compassion, if you have questions, I'm here :) or feel free to reach out online some other MAGICAL way. :)

witchofglass

... Looks at the home depot literally across the street from my house...

Welp.

(Real talk, I find that paint chips stick together something awful and the matte finish doesn't lend itself to easy reading for me. Couldn't tell you why. Paint names are sometimes pretty off the wall in a way that might be useful symbolically, though.)