you know you're obsessed when...

emmsma

minrice said:
You know you're obsessed when you buy decks and books with the grocery money, justifying it with "it's ok, there is PLENTY of food in the pantry" and subsequently eat spaghetti and rice several times that week ;)

You justify you deck and book habit with "well at least it isn't drugs or alcohol"

You mean to get a million things done before bed, including taking a much needed bath, but get stuck on AT instead and don't do any of it.

Yep.
Yep.
And yep.

Starting to find this thread "scarily accurate".
:p

rhombchick

* When you get angry at the postman for being 5 min behind schedule

* When your first stop is the trading forum but you are worried because there are five others viewing and they're probably snatching decks from right under your nose.

* When you find a new post in the trading forum, then speed read it and post as quick as possible to be the first one to lay claim on a particular deck

*When after you've speed read and PM'd you go back and view cards for each listed deck, even though you promised yourself you will absolutely not buy any more decks....

*When you have an advanced search set up on E-bay so that you can weed out all the people offering readings and just look at decks.

*When you have over 100 E-mails to be read of a morning and every single one is from AT

*When your family all roll their eyes because you heard the postman arrive and it's a mad dash to get to the mailbox as quick as possible

*When the words *US ONLY* mean absolutely nothing to you in the trading forum (because you know begging will get them to post overseas anyway)

*When you swore you would never ever EVER [size=+1] EVER[/size] get a credit card, but you get one so that you can buy from sites like Amazon etc. (I am so close to heading down this path :( )

*When you start lying to people about how much you paid for a deck.... lest they find out that you just paid $<insert "rediculous sum of money"> for <insert "highly sought after OOP"> deck

*When you buy something you passed up months ago.... you passed it up because there were better things to buy, but now that you own the 'better things' you are still left with a need to buy something... anything... hey, that deck will do...

*When at garage/yard sales, the first thing you look for is a deck

*When you can't buy that sexy little black purse because you know you won't be able to fit any decks in there...

OR

*You take everything out of your wallet and just throw cards/money/licences losely into your sexy little black purse so that you can fit your deck in there

Muir Aingeal

You find yourself looking aruond at random people in crowds and trying to guess which Court card they are.

lol now that's hilarious!

rhombchick

Oh and I almost forgot...

*When you not only co-ordinate your shoes to match your handbag, but your deck to match your destination.. i.e Going to watch a horror flick? Boho goth it is.... Just going shopping? Well then I guess the gilded will do.... Dropping the kid of at play group?? Now where did I put that whimsical...

*When everyone know not to interrupt you at a certain time in the morning because it is daily draw time....

*When even though you've walked into a crockey store, and you know there will not, under any circumstances be anything of a tarot nature there, you keep an eye out anyway, just in case.....

sapienza

Hilarious thread! Obviously I'm obsessed, I can relate to almost everything that's been said. But my two favourites so far are:

gregory said:
*when you are on friendly emailing terms with most major publishers....
minrice said:
You justify you deck and book habit with "well at least it isn't drugs or alcohol"

I knew I was obsessed when my computer crashed and I was without it for a few days. I got SO much more done :bugeyed:

WolfSpirit

Haha, this is scary, there is so much in this thread that is true to life for me :laugh: Particularly these:

rombchick said:
*When you have over 100 E-mails to be read of a morning and every single one is from AT...

*When the words *US ONLY* mean absolutely nothing to you in the trading forum (because you know begging will get them to post overseas anyway)

and also the "at least it is not drug or alcohol" and "at least I don't smoke" excuses I recognise very well !

You know you're obsessed when you are all smug thinking that you are not addicted to deck buying just because you have not bought anything new for a week...when only the week before you were searching the internet for that one OOP deck...and you received one in the mail as well...and you still have things coming to you in the mail !
I think slowing down the acquisition process is the highest possible for me :laugh:

Le Fanu

LOL. How mild my initial suggestions are compared to some of these :)

But I think I do all of these too. Yes, rhombchick, "U.S only" means nothing if you beg!

But one of my favourites has to be...
minrice said:
You find yourself looking around at random people in crowds and trying to guess which Court card they are.

I also know that Im obsessed because I go to flea markets yet don't see any of the things I used to see. Im just preprogrammed now to detect decks and nice velvet bags...

You know you're obsessed when you don't use the "at least it's not drugs and alcohol" argument, you use the "at least it's not vintage cars" to justify an expensive deck habit! Much better.

Alta

rhombchick said:
wow!! You can DO that!?! I don't know if you just helped me or sent me down the slope faster. :bugeyed:

erk....

Glass Owl

minrice said:
You know you're obsessed when you buy decks and books with the grocery money, justifying it with "it's ok, there is PLENTY of food in the pantry" and subsequently eat spaghetti and rice several times that week ;)
I call this the Tarot diet. At times I have cut back on my lunches at work so I could buy decks. Same thing with the bus. I tell myself: "If I ride my bike to work this week instead of spending money on bus fare I can treat myself to a deck. Oh, and it will be good exercise."

minrice said:
You mean to get a million things done before bed, including taking a much needed bath, but get stuck on AT instead and don't do any of it.
Same here. My family is always asking me for clean dishes because I never can seem to get to them :)

minrice said:
You find yourself looking aruond at random people in crowds and trying to guess which Court card they are.
And here I thought I was the only one :)

I remember one time seeing a girl coming towards me (with an older woman behind her). For some reason I immediately thought "That girl looks like the Page of Cups." When she goes by me I see some writing/design on the back of her shirt. It says something about a Tennis *Cup* tournament and there is a big goblet-like trophy with a tennis ball resting in the middle of it.

Rev_Vesta

ohhhh I laughed so loudly... i got sideways glares from my b/f as he was watching the Sports news...lol

so in agreement with most of those comments......

am so obsessed when watching TV, one of favourite tV series and still doing readings for friends online with new deck just arrived in mail.... and still ordered more and backup from Amazon.. and preordered one new deck coming out in November.........

am so obsessed when always carry several decks in purse (got a larger purse because old one wasn;t large enough to put in several of my decks......

am so obsessed when I go out I can't just choose one deck to take with me.......NAT... vision quest, Medicine Woman, Pyschic tarot, orcale Tarot....Wisdom of Avalon, Angel cards, Goddess now what else will fit in my bag?

yes I know......always check AT before anything else.. on the net........