How far can you stretch a reading in time?

Hayyot

Hello people...
I have this foloowing question: if (let`s assume for now, because if discussed, it would be an entire different thread on it) that Tarot can foresee the future.
The question is: how long in the future can it "see"???.
I want to know about the status of my finances, let`s say, in 15-20 years from now.
Why??
Because I have this current job, but when I retire from it, the money perceived will be very little. And that, in the country I live in, is baaad.
So, I`m currently finishing a degree that will allow me to be employed by myself,
but I have all these financial doubts on how will that come up...
I hope you don`t think I´m crazy...I have this tendency to be anxious and trying to set a plan in my mind for several things way ahead of time...
For example, I buy Christmas Gifts as early as 3 months before actual Christmas.
(Because here it seems that people wait until the last day, then it gets crowded, and I hate that lol)
I plan my son`s birthday as early as 9-10 months before. ( I like to know what I will prepare)
It`s autumm and I will be planning my summer time vacation...( Again, I like to know what I would do, how, have an idea on how much money it will cost, see if I can afford it, etc etc) .My son is in the middle of elementary school and these days I was searching on info on local high schools (because it is very hard here to get an available spot, so I like to have an idea as where I could use one)
Is this weird? At my job they think I am nuts because of this behavior...:p
So, coming back to the question, is there a limit regarding time, when you ask a question?
A due date?
Thank you :)

Zephyros

I think of a reading as a kind of snapshot, which is relevant to the time it's done. But life being what it is, things can change and the farther ahead plans are made the more likely things will come up that we can't foresee. Literally anything can happen in twenty years so your reading might be correct for the time that you do it, but all kinds of things might happen along the way. You can get a general idea, but I wouldn't make any investment plans based on a Tarot reading that far ahead.

Barleywine

In dealing with clients, most of those who ask for a general life-reading want an outlook for the next few months, although I occasionally get one seeking a year's projection. Often they are looking for signs of movement in a stalled situation, and understand that progress usually doesn't occur overnight. I like to use the Celtic Cross for those, and suggest that the forecast be considered reliable for up to six months (3-6 months is typical in my experience). I also make it clear that it's largely dependent on the actions they take in response to the reading. If I'm doing a Lenormand Grand Tableau, the normal duration can be 6-12 months.

Alta

Since I believe that the future is not preordained in a way that allows no variation (it might be, but believing that would be too discouraging), mostly I think that tarot can give hints about the future. However these hints are dependent on you actually following through. For example you could ask "If I complete this training and then make solid efforts, what is the likely financial outcome in the long run?"

But there are also factors outside of your control like the world economy, your own health, etc. when you get into such a long time period. But I still think it would be worthwhile to try a reading.

Trogon

My first thought was "time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." [Douglas Adams]

As has already been pointed out, reading far into the future is problematic as there are so many factors which can cause changes as you go along. I rarely do readings which look ahead much further than 6 months or so. But then, I have done readings looking out up to a year.

On the other hand, I have done readings which have looked quite a ways into a person's past. Years, even decades back. But then, the past isn't quite as changeable as the future. (I have yet to do a past-life reading, which could, potentially, look hundreds of years in the past.)

If someone asked me to do a reading looking up to 25 years in the future, I suppose I would give it a good try. But I would try to make sure that the reading is, as Zephyros said, a snapshot of the situation as it currently stands and that the future is always in flux.

[ETA] ... I meant to say that I would try to make sure the client understood that the reading was a snapshot ...

Barleywine

There are a couple of ways to look at it. One is the philosophical viewpoint, which is that the future can change minute-by-minute, so there is no point in trying to pin it down; the other approach is the practical perspective - which most clients want since they usually aren't philosophizing about their situation - in which any glimpse of what may transpire is more than they had when they came for the reading. My goal is to help them recognize what they already know or suspect subconsciously to be the likely result of upcoming developments. I've yet to meet a client who only wanted a psychological character analysis, which is more the province of natal astrology.

celticnoodle

While the "general" thought is that tarot can see 2yrs into the future, I have had experiences with readings by others that were seen far-far-far into the future. Even over a decade!
However, I'm not sure that you can always depend upon that being so.

snowmoon

hi,

So, coming back to the question, is there a limit regarding time, when you ask a question?
A due date?

yes, for tarot, i use half year for future. or limit it for a month, 3 month.

or in a particular spread , it depending on the cards shows on which position , so it could led the reading to the most to 1 to 3 years.

barefootlife

I tend to view readings as being 'what happens if you continue on your current path', so they're more or less true for as long as you don't change and life doesn't throw a curveball (which I'd give about 6 months, max, especially with a younger son). So if I was doing this particular reading for you, I'd ask something more like 'is what I'm doing now leading me toward greater financial security?' instead of trying to find out what's going to happen an approximate quarter of your life later. There are just too many variables there. Do that reading once or twice a year to make sure you're on track, and leave it at that.

Grizabella

While the "general" thought is that tarot can see 2yrs into the future, I have had experiences with readings by others that were seen far-far-far into the future. Even over a decade!
However, I'm not sure that you can always depend upon that being so.

I'm with celticnoodle on this one. I've had people come back years later to update me. At the time of the reading they had thought there was no way things could evolve as what I saw in the cards, only to find the truth of the matter much later on.