Liber T (LS deck): Book please

all78degrees

LIber T: Book please

Oh my... overload. I've just opened the box. I'm frazzled what does it all mean!!???!!

This is one Lo Scarabeo book that is crying out for a deck!!

gav.

Macavity

I agree with you re. the (absence of) book. But I like the deck very much... it's intriguing :)

To a first approximation, I feel it can be read as a Thoth work-alike. The Majors (and Courts) incorporate most ALL of the Thoth symbolism! For the Minors I (unashamedly) happen to know the Thoth keywords for each card, so that's my starting point. Thus, if I draw the Five of Wands, I begin to think what I associate with the word "strife"! But then my own meanings are some superposition of many (broadly similar) GD decks... })

As a next level of complexity, you could explore the subtle differences between the Thoth keywords and those of "Book T" (qv). Or, if you're very keen, you could explore the possibility of deriving "meaning" for the cards directly from the astrological attributes (these are marked on the cards!). Indeed, perhaps like Mr. Crowley et al. did? ;)

The "quantum leap" is perhaps in making sense of the minor images, without further info. Clearly you could do this intuitively (as many on AeT) or find some more standardised basis for interpreting the images. If you are of the latter pursuasion, there have been some discussions on the nature of the images on this forum.

But basically, the Minors incorporate elements of traditional/historical "Images of the Decans". But, as noted in the LWB, the author has used several sources, with elements from EACH (or none?) of these! Try Googling various names/terms from the LWB. And, if you are still not phased, I'm sure I/others can make further (link) suggestions...

Macavity

all78degrees

thanks for the headsup. the research starts in earnest. :)

Scion

I've been using the Liber T with DuQuette's Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot and gotten superb results making sense and making use of the cards... At this point, it's probably about as close as you could get to a book/deck set from Scarabeo.