Heart of Tarot - Amber K & Azreal Arynn K

Mr. Sluagh

[Long Shot] Looking for a Book...

A long while back I was looking on Amazon and I saw a book on a technique for Tarot readings by which you sort of trick the querent into doing the reading themselves, helping them figure it out rather than interpreting the cards for them. It looked interesting, and it fit with the philosophy I've developed since then. However, now I can't seem to track it down. I remember it was by some Wiccan priestess or something along those lines (yeah, that narrows it down a lot). Sorry, I know I'm being extremely vague here, but does any of this sound familiar? In any case, there must be some books out there on this style of reading. Thanks in advance.

Moongold

Greetings Mr. Sluagh ~

I think this may be what you are looking for:

http://www.ecauldron.com/bkhot.php

If I can comment, it is not really a matter of "tricking " the Querent but more one of how you engage with him or her.

In the few face to face readings I've done, it's been much more exploratory and interactive than it can be on the Internet.

Mary Greer calls this style of reading "therapeutic" and it can be if you see yourself in this light. I would be more inclined to call it an "engaging" and empowering way to read.

Many blessings ~

Moongold

CreativeFire

Mr Sluagh, I am not sure if this is the book that you are referring to but it does sort of fit your description:

Heart of Tarot (An Intuitive Approach) by Amber K & Azreal Arynn K

It refers to a approach to tarot reading called "Gestalt" - from the back blurb on the book itself:

Heart of Tarot presents an unique and powerful way to do Tarot readings that doesn't involve memorizing card meanings, using psychic skills, or learning occult lore. Rather, it offers an amazingly accurate but little-known intuitive technique, developed by John McClimans, called "Gestalt Tarot". Once you discover the secrets of this approach, it is easy to learn and master.

It also goes on to describe the authors:

Amber K - is an ordained High Priestess Wicca, and has served as National First Officer and National Publications Officer of the Covenant of the Goddess. She is the author of Covencraft and True Magick, and coauthor, with Azrael Arynn K, of Candlemas.

I have this book in my tarot book collection, which I read quite a few years back and in very general terms it does cover the querent sort of reading their owns cards with the reader as more of a guide and prompter as you go along. An interesting approach which digs more into the psychology side of things from the point of view that the reader may relate or associate a certain card to events (or people) in their own life experiences etc.

It also covers a few other topics and give examples of readings etc. It uses the Morgan Greer tarot deck for illustrations and examples for the readings (this book actually inspired me to get the Morgan Greer deck at the time ;) ).

I remember reading a review of this book here on AT and have inserted the link below to the Review for your info:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/heart-of-tarot/

Hope this is what you are after, if not, others may have some more answers for you. :)

CreativeFire

CreativeFire

Looks like I just posted the same time as Moongold - and yes the same book ;)

CF

Sulis

Moving this thread to Tarot Books and Media as I think it is better suited to that forum.

Love

Sulis
co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Mr. Sluagh

Heart of the Tarot looks like the one. Thanks!

Sulis said:
Moving this thread to Tarot Books and Media as I think it is better suited to that forum.

Love

Sulis
co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't come here that much, guess I didn't notice that one.

jmd

Not a problem, Mr. Sluagh...

As a general question, it may have had greater exposure where it was in any case, and the move to this section now allows for ease of future reference.

I have re-named the thread to reflect the book which was being discussed :)