Who are some of your favorite authors

Jezibelle

When it comes to tarot books. I have a few by Nancy Garen. I like the way she explains things. And I am always looking for more books on tarot. I am just wondering about some of your favorite authors.

Jez

truthsayer

my favorite is mary k. greer. rachel pollack and joan bunning are also quite good.

jema

i want to recommend Isabel Radow Kliegman and her book "Tarot and the tree of life - finding everyday wisdom in the minor arcana"

she takes a tricky subject (tarot and the tree of life) and writes about so it is easy to understand and entertaining at the same time.

ok, so she don't like the queen of wands much - that is my main objection. but she is funny and witty and a good teacher.

i also like Pamela Eakins book on the tarot of the Spirit a lot.
(needless to say i simply adore the spirit deck)

Pollux

*I am the official ruffian of the Forums*

Same as sweet Truth for me!!! :)

Zhritza

jema said:
i want to recommend Isabel Radow Kliegman and her book "Tarot and the tree of life - finding everyday wisdom in the minor arcana"

This is a really helpful book -- it was probably what started the end of my Minors Stupidity (patent pending). The one complaint I have is that she doesn't like Swords much. She does a good job of finding usefulness in them despite that, though. It's also a good introduction to the way the Tree of Life works, especially for someone like me, who just wants to know the practical bits.

I practically worship Rachel Pollack. Everything I've ever read by her regarding tarot, even blurbs, is fantastic. She happens to be a terrific fiction author too... and comic-book author...

jmd

Valentin Tomberg

...the anonymous author of:

Meditations on the Tarot

which is apparently coming back in print (with an index!) in a few months!

Jewel

My favorites are Rachel Pollack, Mary K. Greer, Angeles Arien and Paul Foster Case.

Phoenix

I don't really have many tarot books. Embarrassing as it is, I like Lisa Leonard, and Arlene Tognetti, authors of The Complete Idiots Guide to Tarot. I do not have a deck by her yet, but Mary K Greer looks like a great author. I plan on getting her book "The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals" It looks very well written.

jmd

I have just received news that Meditations on the Tarot has just been republished, ahead of schedule, by Tarcher. The US price is said to be around $15 at on-line booksellers... (just a reminder that using the Aeclectic Amazon or other link will support Solandia and this site if intending to order it).