Storing the faeries

flicker

Oh Faolainn Storm your faeries certainly wanted their own way. it's interesting how they decided on what they wanted. I find that they can be very dominant in deciding things. had to giggle yesterday a large black and white cat always attacks my cat. I heard "crafty little Bugguhs arent they" a different voice to I had been use to, it sounded really naughty a males voice a bit impish.

I replied "who is?" they said " Crafty, little furry munky" I thought Good God im having a brainstorm & I need some serious help here. 'The furball' as we term it black and white cat had been trying to get to my cat through the cat flap but couldnt make it in as its too fat.My cat sat hissing and punching at the cat flap.
I then saw what they meant by the terminology. I had been woken up and then instructed to use the cards. so yes they do want their own way. I am finding some to be loud, some lively, some quite and even shy or brooding. I can see where the faeries were coming from as a collective, in the bag they chose for the deck. I find them indecisive as well as, there are so many of them with different ideas.
I have found a temporary black bag with a fairy on it. it will have to do. Thanks for sharing. At least they keep us on our toes and bring fun into our lives as anoying as they can be at times.

Jewel

Faolainn Storm said:
As you can see my faeries must be colour-blind! :D But they're happy, and that's what matters. Cannot have unhappy faeries, that would be disaster! :eek:
They're a little miffed about the IDS, but they agree it might be good for me, and therefore they are willing to go peacefully into temporary retirement. Provided it is temporary, and I promise to play with them after. :D But they wanted this last burst of recognition before going away. :laugh:
*ROFLMAO* that is just soooooooooo ... faerie!!!! ....

I cannot believe you are putting your faeries up during the IDS! Hasn't anyone told you that the faeries are not a deck? they are alive! Do you have any Froud art books, if not, go get one while you are doing the IDS ~giggles~ ... I am serious *LOL*

saoirse1561

I purchashed my faeries a could days ago, completely on a whim. Never had an interest in the deck, really, but it suddenly demanded to be picked up one day and, of course, I listened.

Only problem? I got them home and realized I had no home for them! The only empty bags I had were plain black and that Just Wouldn't Work. So, I decided to make them a bag. I've never made a bag before, mind you, but it seemed like the most natural idea in the world to me. I went down into the basement where my sister hoards her crafty cast-offs and rifled through the bags and bags of fabric she has (she worked at Rag Shop at one point lol).

The colors they chose? A solid teal for the outside, lined with a bright pink tha had streaks of gold and white running through it. Matching hot pink ribbon for the drawstring. o_O I knew then and there that this deck was cheeky and a lot more than I had bargained for. lol

So, for the next three hours or so I painstakingly hand sewed this bag (don't even own a sewing machine). Only drew my own blood once, heh. As I was nearing completion, they whispered that the black lace trim I had in my drawer would be a nice touch around the top. Added that. And then, someone hinted, maybe a couple little pink beads to accent the flowers on that lace?

All in all, I'm very happy with the way the bag turned out and the faeries have been snuggling happily in it for the last two days. The color scheme they chose still makes me laugh. But, then again, the minute I got them home and started searching for a notebook to do the excersises in, I found the bright pink/orange butterfly notebook I had just gotten in a swap and didn't think twice about dedicating it to the faeries. Ahh, I should have known ... ;)

I can tell this deck is going to keep my on my toes!

thorhammer

Well, my Faeries allowed me to move them from the tiny cramped bag that they claimed shortly after I got them, into the nice cushy brocade number with black satin trim and gold fringing at the bottom.

The wonderful lady who sent me the bags in question also sent a buckeye seed, of which I have never before heard, but which the Fae claimed instantly! Little mites. It's been snuggling with them since I got it. But when I started doing Tarot Shadow Work recently, they told me that they were giving me the seed on an extended loan, for strength and grounding, and luck.

So far I've not taken it out of the bag, but tonight I put out my Star spread for the Shadow work and the Faeries wanted to join in! So I shuffled them and Mickle a Muckle showed his wee face . . . and you know, the absurd little hat he's got on looks just like this seed. So I knew he was officially handing it to me, in a ceremony. He also wants to hang out with the Fae of the Secret Forest, which I'm using for Shadow Work. So he'll live with them for a while now.

They really do have a mind of their own, don't they?

\m/ Kat

ellirhyn

As long as there's something from the outdoors in the room I'm reading, my Faeries are happy. They still live in their original box, however my house has all sorts of rocks, feathers, acorns, seeds, pinecones, etc. randomly set about the place. I guess I see something, they tell me to pick it up, and I listen.
Perhaps I should start reading acorns and feathers, Lol?

That, and I have a bunch of geckos that live with me and the Faeries and the geckos are good friends. Its a merry crew indeed!

TsukiSei

I got my deck last week, and one night, when I was finishing a reading and putting them back in the original box, I felt bad and wanted to make a nice pouch for them. I've knitted a bunch of pouches for various things, and I knew I had a bunch of purple yarn on hand, but I heard a voice that said "No, use sage green instead." I liked the idea better instantly, so as soon as I can I'm going out to find the perfect yarn to use and I'll whip up a pouch for them.

tempestatiseye

How do I keep my deck

I am new by the way Nice to meet everyone! I have been answering questions without really introducing myself but I am so over joyed to find this study group. I have looked and most have died off a few years back. I got this deck many years ago worked with it forgotten it and re picked it up again. This deck is really the only deck that i seem to be able to work with and I am finally ready to be bonked repeatedly by faery humor( I think they have been waiting for me because my ostara cat he was a gift by my male patron I took him on and 1 day later this beautiful white and orange cat showed up on my door step and would not leave for 5 days. I finally opened the door and he walked right in he has been there ever since. I am going somewhere with this ....he is the faery chaser he is prob 4 or 5 and often runs through our home attempting to swat them much to their delight).

When I first got the deck I wanted to keep them in a box, a beautiful wooden box with carving. I still have box it is very pretty I put herbs in it and all so they would smell nice....They did not like it at all they kept yelling about how it was dark, and they couldn't breathe claustrophobic.

So I went to a thrift store and got a bag (an eco bag) a golden color with sorta lacy bits and a draw string and wooden beads to keep it closed, it cost me a dollar. They loved it is was breathable they could see they like the color then some years later I found some small bells I put them on the ends of strings.

THEY LOVE THE BELLS

now when i take the deck out I swing it around the bells jingle and the faeries and I both know that we are ready to "work" if it could be called that......

I like those coins though and I think I want to get some.

Alta

Here is where I keep my Faeries. I found this box in a shop in Quebec City some time ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2845 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_2845 (600 x 450).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2847 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_2847 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 129

Alta

then some years later I found some small bells I put them on the ends of strings.

THEY LOVE THE BELLS

now when i take the deck out I swing it around the bells jingle and the faeries and I both know that we are ready to "work" if it could be called that......
I agree about the bells. :) I have a wind chime that I keep indoors and tap it when I want to feel the faeries.

Heartlight

I found a plain wood box that I'm going to decorate myself. It's not perfect and I'm certainly not any sort of artist but I feel the faeries will enjoy this as I will be putting my energy into creating it! All I know so far is it'll be mostly green....we'll see how it turns out! :)