E-bay - anyone know what these cards are?

Sulis

The rules on posting e-bay auctions have been changed so I'd love to know wha t folk think of this deck.

It says it's over 100 years old - it's obviously not since the characters are in relatively modern dress but it looks very interesting. You collectors out there may be interested in it - I know I've never seen it before.

Here's a link; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antique-Fortu...ryZ19271QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Love

Sulis xx

Bean Feasa

They look fascinating Sulis, but I don't think their year of issue could really be 1900 - the style of dress looks more recent than that - 1920s at the very earliest I'd say (though I'm no expert).
baba-prague might know what they are, or the German speakers amongst us might be able to decipher the blurb.
Sorry, not much help, just rambling really :)

Bean Feasa

Oops, just realised you said the thing about the dress yourself. Sometimes it pays to actually read the post you're replying to, eh?! :p

inanna_tarot

looks like a well loved deck! Possibly 1930s ish? Well, if they are German
probably didnt come into print till after 1945, unless there was a HUGE tarot fan who couldnt manage without publishing a new deck hehe.
Very interesting. Other than that I cant give any other info.

Sezo
x

gregory

I don't like it much, but you are right - I have asked (auf Deutsch!) why she says it's 100 years old, as it so obviously isn't.... may get us more info.

PS a google search suggest that the Miracle Praha bit may actually be a street address !!! There also seems to be a set on the Swedish e-bay like site - but I have to go out..... I do speak German - what do you want to know ???!

Pipistrelle

I've seen this deck before and I was convinced it was called the Art Deco deck (or something like that) but I just did a search and I couldn't find it :(

This deck that I'm thinking of didn't appeal to me much when I saw it before but somehow the one shown on ebay, with it's slightly worn cards and hand-written words, appeals to me very much!

I'll keep trying to find some images. I'm sure it's the same deck. Seeing as I read about it here, I'm sure someone else will chime up with the answer first...

Pip

mythos

Yep ... It's the Art Deco, currently in print ... Piatnik. Mine are new ... and cost $AUD6.50. The backs are different, with zodiac signs.

mythos:)

gregory

Oh good - now everyone buy it from that link, as that site belongs to my friend the lovely Roderick Somerville, on whom lay blessings, as he is largely responsible for the size of my collection..... (not least by his policy of holding a copy of everything new he got in until such time as I would show up at his store ! Hell I wish he hadn't moved to France !)