can we talk about pentacles in romance?

wind

Thirteen really gave me a very good answer to my question about pentalces when relating to my crush.

Here on the forum there was a post about pentacles in RELATIONSHIPS and it was very iluminating.

But I still have problems with pentacles in ROMANCE questions or when the question is about LOVE IN GENERAL, that is when there is no relationship yet.

So, I would go like this:

ace of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: wow, a big new opportunity coming into your life.
But how? You meet a person at work?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: a new opportunity to connect, maybe do something together

2 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: I am not sure here...maybe you will meet someone while doing many things, coping with something, or when you least expect it? Or it is simply saying, have more fun and the person will come?
2 of pentacles is also about change, so a change, a new start may occur.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you two are getting to know each other and are trying to see where this is going. But nothing is sure yet.

3 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: You will dedicate to your work and you will not even pay attention to love?:)
I have no idea for this one, must admit:)

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you will work together to build something solid, now you know that this can be something stronger and you are willing to go for it

4 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: I would say, NO. No change in this area.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you or the partner or both of you are preoccupied with security and holding tight to the relationship or the person. The need for security is blocking joy and spontaneous progress.

5 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: NO, you will feel alone and miserable:) But a strong need to have a relationship is indicated but it is not happening.

-when you already know the person/your new crush:hard times are ahead...separation is likely, expectations not met, you may break up or go through a very low phase. But this period can pass. Or maybe one of the parnters needs some help and support.

6 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: hmmm...a god's gift will come into your life?:) JOKE!:)
But you may meet a generous and helpful person with whom you can have a balanced relationship?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: nice developement, helping each other, supporting each other, buying gifts for each other

7 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: wait and wait. Not now.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: things develop slowly, give it time. One or both parnters are considering where to go from now, evaluating.
It is not clear yet, time for pause and relfexion, let it be for now and see.

8 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: a new start maybe? You meet someone at work, or working on a project or on your hobby?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: time to dedicate yourself and make it work

9 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: you can meet the jackpot?:)

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you will ground the relationship, enjoy together

10 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: someone with whom you can build something lasting and solid is coming

-when you already know the person/your new crush: this can trully become a full commitment things, where you grow old together

I am not sure at all how to read this, must admit. Are pentacles indicating new starts at all? I think they should. Maybe only 4, 5 and 7 of pentalces are not so promising?

I hope you can contribute and make this more clear, thanks!

wind

Nobody wants to talk about this?:)
I thought you could all contribute, I am sure someone does have experience with this?

Maybe not...

Fulgour

Hot Stuff!

The Moon is exalted in Taurus EARTH
Mars is exalted in Capricorn EARTH
Mercury is exalted in Virgo EARTH

"Pentacles" is a very extraodinary suit!

And if you bypass the obsolete golden dawn fiasco
you will find that these planets and signs are really:

Moon: High Priestess
Taurus: The Lovers
Mars: The Emperor
Capricorn: The Tower
Mercury: Strength
Virgo: The Wheel of Fortune

After all, not everyone wants to emulate Crowley,
and Tarot was Tarot before his dark hand clawed.

Enchanted

Hi Wind

I find the Pentacles suit hard to read in romantic relationships as well.

But when you think about it, and as you have pointed out, it does make sense. Where do you start building anything? From the ground up! And relationships of any kind obviously need building and working on.

Looking at the suit in isolation and not dependant upon positional spread meanings either. I have found that the...

Three of Pentacles, could refer to being well liked and admired. There is a kind of mutual admiration society between the two people in question. But is it love? Hmmm... probably not yet. But I think the potential is there for development.

Often the...

Four of Pentacles says to me that one or the other or perhaps even both are "playing their cards close to their chest". Often it indicates to me of an unwillingness to share or give of themselves. So unless, one or the other, or both open up a bit then it could remain in this safe but undeveloping state.

Six of Pentacles often to me is a warning and a reality check. Are you giving too much and not getting enough in return? Are those scales equal? Are you or the other, giving for the sake of it or out of genuine compassion or kindness or even a desire to do so. This six, to me in a relationship question can actually indicate an imbalance. One is giving, the other is taking. :(

Eight of Pentacles... misdirected energies. This should not be your focus right now. There is work to be done and that work starts with you. All little harsh, but I think true. :( Darn it! :D

Um yep... that it all I can think of right now. :)

Alta

Three of pentacles can be games-playing, wheels within wheels. Presence of another party.

Dwaas

I'll try to give EXAMPLES. :)

wind said:
So, I would go like this:

ace of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: wow, a big new opportunity coming into your life.
But how? You meet a person at work?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: a new opportunity to connect, maybe do something together
Well why not? :) But imo pentacles are related to earth and everything on and in that earth. One of the creatures crawling around on this earth is the human being. So it might be about building yourself to be ready for love. Many querents that have questions like: "when will I meet the right one?" never ask themselves if they are really up to a relationship. They have no idea who they are, what they have to offer another, while that may be the problem why they are not so attractive or at least not so ready for love. The ace is the base, the reminder that you have to invest in yourself before you may meet someone as you might otherwise find yourself in a depending one-way relationship or stay lonely.

wind said:
2 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: I am not sure here...maybe you will meet someone while doing many things, coping with something, or when you least expect it? Or it is simply saying, have more fun and the person will come?
2 of pentacles is also about change, so a change, a new start may occur.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you two are getting to know each other and are trying to see where this is going. But nothing is sure yet.
The 2 of pents may speak indeed of change or balance. Whithin a relationship and within ourselves. You gave some very good examples already. Other possibilities may be changing your view on love or a beloved person. Prosperous outcome when daring to play with life in stead of depending on securities. Earning money to make sure you have the basics to help providing when being together, balancing your life. Imo the meaning of a card can not be profane enough when possible.

wind said:
3 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: You will dedicate to your work and you will not even pay attention to love?:)
I have no idea for this one, must admit:)

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you will work together to build something solid, now you know that this can be something stronger and you are willing to go for it
Working together to build something solid is an excellent example! There is an aspect of working together in this card or even accepting help. And you may also be right that work may absorp to much energy. Another possibility may be that you will find love when working on yourself like this. That may even be opening your heart to others by helping, changing yourself and then find that you have become an artist of life. No more balancing like in the 2 of pents. Harvest time will come.

wind said:
4 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: I would say, NO. No change in this area.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you or the partner or both of you are preoccupied with security and holding tight to the relationship or the person. The need for security is blocking joy and spontaneous progress.

The 4 of pents may indeed indicate an obsession with someone. Wanting to be in controll and have all the power. We often pull to hard on someone which makes them run away. And then we even pull harder... While the solution is simple. Even someone mundane as Madonna sang it: love is a bird, she needs to fly. If we give our mind freedom and stop being possessive about someone they might want to be with us because it is fun to be around us. Sometimes the cards are a warning and they don't show the actual situation. Not a definitely no, this card gives a solution as well. Best example I can think of now is the 4 of pents of the Fey. Where a faerie is locked in chains having a key at hand. Time to free yourself!

wind said:
5 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: NO, you will feel alone and miserable:) But a strong need to have a relationship is indicated but it is not happening.

-when you already know the person/your new crush:hard times are ahead...separation is likely, expectations not met, you may break up or go through a very low phase. But this period can pass. Or maybe one of the parnters needs some help and support.

Don't know. There might be love, but a poor one. Perhaps not what you are looking for but it may suit at the moment. Or it may suit not at all. Or it may not come as you have other things to deal with like being ill or having not enough money and we don't know how to keep our pride. First solve those matters or even more important, the attitude against them. We may not be grounded enough for love. Or it is even more of a four, and we get sick of love. That needs to be balanced first.

wind said:
6 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: hmmm...a god's gift will come into your life?:) JOKE!:)
But you may meet a generous and helpful person with whom you can have a balanced relationship?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: nice developement, helping each other, supporting each other, buying gifts for each other

A G'd's gift will come into your life? Well why not? :) After all that is how it feels when you meet real love. It may also be that the time of the fives is over, you are in balance with yourself. You have enough love for yourself to share it with someone precious. And of course a nice present now and then doesn't hurt. ;)

wind said:
7 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: wait and wait. Not now.

-when you already know the person/your new crush: things develop slowly, give it time. One or both parnters are considering where to go from now, evaluating.
It is not clear yet, time for pause and relfexion, let it be for now and see.
Nothing to add to what you already said.

wind said:
8 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: a new start maybe? You meet someone at work, or working on a project or on your hobby?

-when you already know the person/your new crush: time to dedicate yourself and make it work
I think this is about dedication as well.

wind said:
9 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: you can meet the jackpot?:)

-when you already know the person/your new crush: you will ground the relationship, enjoy together
When you feel rich you will be rich! A mindset will reflect in our lifes. When we feel blessed we radiate selfconfidence and love. If that isn't attractive I don't know anymore. :)

wind said:
10 of pentacles:
-you are single and you ask if there is new love coming: someone with whom you can build something lasting and solid is coming

-when you already know the person/your new crush: this can trully become a full commitment things, where you grow old together
Nothing to add.

Just a few thoughts, there are much more possibilities and views possible. Good thread for thinking about single cards again. Thanks and blessings

brenmck

wind said:
7 of pentacles:
It is not clear yet, time for pause and reflexion, let it be for now and see.

After you've planted the seed, it takes on a life of its own.

~B~

Adjustment

Any ideas on the court cards, Foe example the page of pentacles, could this page mean the relationship will be short term, because this person is just beginning and learning about relationships. How about the knight of pentacle, the queen and the king, anytthoughts