Crystal Visions Guidebook

Magunda89

Crystal Visions Tarot has been on my list for quite some time now. I was thinking about just purchasing it already and realized that though I've NEVER seen it talked about, there is a full guidebook beyond the LWB. Any experience with this book? I know CVT is very very RWS styled so I'm not worried about knowing meanings so much, but I'm a sucker for a good guidebook. [emoji4]

Serenia

I do have the companion book! I don't have it at hand right now, but I'll see if I can find it within the next few days so that I can tell you more about its contents.

I got the book about a year ago and I remember enjoying it a lot. I can't say for sure, though, whether this was due to the book's contents or because Jennifer Galasso was such a pleasure to deal with! She is such a lovely person, so I'll treasure the book either way! :)

I also got a beautiful wooden box from her, decorated with the image of the World card! :love:

Citrin

Oh I love the CV. :) Absolutely adore it.

I also didn't realize there's a guide book LOL! I only bought the deck. But seeing your thread reminded me that I bought the Fool's Dog app a long time ago, and the guide book is included there! I looked through it a little bit, so don't take this as a review as I haven't read THAT much of it - but to me the guide book seems kind of standard. It mostly has card meanings and card descriptions in it. As an example she writes about the Three of Swords that it represents heartbreak, separation, disappointment, abandonment. Then follows a little piece of advice, like taking the time to mourn before being able to move on. It also has reversed meanings.

What I'm seeing the guide book is basic, to the point, and written in a simple language (I mean that as a good thing, it's easy to understand!). It has some nice spreads and nice card descriptions, and I feel it would be VERY good for a beginner starting with the CV. For the more experienced reader already familiar with the RWS I spontaneously can't see anything "special" about the guide book. Just some thoughts, again I haven't read it from cover to cover. :)

The deck though: AMAZING. Just had to end with that... :p

Magunda89

I'm so excited to order the deck! It looks gorgeous! The guidebook though I may just pass on. Thanks for the advice!

Madrigal

There is an app for this deck from Fool's Dog and it comes with the full guidebook. I often buy the app for a deck primarily to be able to use the guidebook easily. They're usually only between $2-$4.